Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here. Eoin Larkin is 3/10 to score anytime with PP. Considering he will more than likely to be on frees, this seems like free money to me, unless I'm missing something? I reckon I will lump on this.

I also fancy a draw, or either team to win by less than 4 points, this is 10/11 with Ladbrokes. It's to close to call who will win but I reckon whoever does win, there will only be a puck of the ball between them.

I like the look of Brendan Maher over 1.5 points 6/5 (PP). He is a good man to chip in with scores and if memory serves me well, he got 3 or 4 points against Kilkenny in the league final.

I also agree with Bookie Bashing re Richie Power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Galway v Waterford - Galway over 1.5 goals @ 6/4 , a great bet I spotted in the Kilkenny Tipp game is the bookings market - T Walsh to be booked anytime @ evens, no research done in this but this is gonna be a serious duel and he as always will be in the thick of it, great bet IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here. Eoin Larkin is 3/10 to score anytime with PP. Considering he will more than likely to be on frees, this seems like free money to me, unless I'm missing something? I reckon I will lump on this.

I also fancy a draw, or either team to win by less than 4 points, this is 10/11 with Ladbrokes. It's to close to call who will win but I reckon whoever does win, there will only be a puck of the ball between them.

I like the look of Brendan Maher over 1.5 points 6/5 (PP). He is a good man to chip in with scores and if memory serves me well, he got 3 or 4 points against Kilkenny in the league final.

I also agree with Bookie Bashing re Richie Power

Larkin @ 3/10 to score that would be buying money alright not there now no sign of the market you must have blitzed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Gone for 2 singles and a double. Tyrone 1st goal 4/5 (now 4/6 Boyles) and Down +1 4/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Down 10/11
    Down HT/FT 21/10

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    Down 10/11
    Down HT/FT 21/10

Are you a Derry Man, Benny Coulter is out for Down i don't like down at the prices anymore and would have been in Keane's camp for the 1st game Derry aren;t that far behind down on the basis of the Ulster game even though they won

Yes Bookie, Derry are awful i think Down will have too much for them

magherakid wrote: »
    Yes Bookie, Derry are awful i think Down will have too much for them

Ok well best of luck. It's a tipp in itself i suppose a man backing against his own team

Derry 0-7 Down 1-4 HT

That Boylesports website is a joke. Its very hard to get proper up to the minute GAA updates anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

That Boylesports website is a joke. Its very hard to get proper up to the minute GAA updates anywhere

Did you try twitter? Usually quite good for it, though you won't get much detail just the score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I did say Clare would give Laois a spanking, hope some of you got it.

Lads Brendan is lining out in the backs get on the under 1.5pts player points @ 5/6 with boyles cracker!

Lads Brendan is lining out in the backs get on the under 1.5pts player points @ 5/6 with boyles cracker!

Brendan Maher that is!

Did you try twitter? Usually quite good for it, though you won't get much detail just the score

Powers cover all the games betting in running these days you can get the quickest updates on their site

Powers cover all the games betting in running these days you can get the quickest updates on their site

Yeah usually good, but was acting up a bit earlier

Down not looking good for a result today and Roscommon score a goal just to finish off the day. FFS.

Yeah usually good, but was acting up a bit earlier

Down not looking good for a result today

Rossies got the 1st goal disaster and i backed Devaney the bo**ocks against mayo at 20's typical

Wouldn't trust that shower, it can be in their advantage to be slow to update the scores but change the odds according to the score.

Down score 1 point in the second half with 2 mins. Shocking stuff at this level. Some days there is no logic to the way things go in football.

I think that finishes my brief fling with the 'team to score 1st goal'. Too dodgy

Down score 1 point in the second half with 2 mins. Shocking stuff at this level. Some days there is no logic to the way things go in football.

I think that finishes my brief fling with the 'team to score 1st goal'. Too dodgy

agree, when you back Derry they get ****ing beat

• Advertisement

Ladbrokes have hawleye to be used at 1/3. Do they know something we don't? It is the first hurling game televised in Croke Park since it was brought in, and in the Kildare v Offaly game it seemed that the ref was under a mandate to use it.

Ladbrokes have hawleye to be used at 1/3. Do they know something we don't? It is the first hurling game televised in Croke Park since it was brought in, and in the Kildare v Offaly game it seemed that the ref was under a mandate to use it.

Mountainlad it has been used in 2 of the 4 football games and when you consider that the scoring rate is a good deal higher in Hurling and speed the ball moves at is much faster anything remotely controversial in an important match like a leinster final will go to hawkeye remember this is the 1st hurling game so the ref will be under pressure here also.

I think it's about right @ 1/3

Radonman wrote: »
    Galway v Waterford - Galway over 1.5 goals @ 6/4 , a great bet I spotted in the Kilkenny Tipp game is the bookings market - T Walsh to be booked anytime @ evens, no research done in this but this is gonna be a serious duel and he as always will be in the thick of it, great bet IMO

Failure on both accounts :( but looking at the game in Killarney today again at the booking markets - two i like are Kissane @ 13/8 and Loughrey @ 7/4 both will be in the thick of it on the half back line and its assumed that Loughrey will pick up the Gooch and Kissane if my memory is correct collected a few yellows last year. Other obvious ones are Galvin @ 5/6 and Cadogen @ evens but ill stick to the longer shots

I'd hold off for any bets here as Cork are supposed to be making 3 changes with Noel O Leary and A Walsh starting - no price up for Noel O Leary :(

How long would point scorer bets take to be settled? Could they be settled during the match if it happened early enough?

How long would point scorer bets take to be settled? Could they be settled during the match if it happened early enough?

After game usually, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Larkin @ 3/10 to score that would be buying money alright not there now no sign of the market you must have blitzed it?

I got it Friday night, went to do it again Saturday morning and it was gone from the site. I was a bit worried because there was rumours Larkin wouldn't be starting due to a bust up with Cody but it all worked out.

i'm all over the 4/5 Tyrone & Galway 8/11 in the hurling in the to score the 1st goal markets. Actually time to post a couple of bets for the weekend!!

Tip 1 - (1st Scoring Play) Kerry to score the 1st point from a placed Ball 9/2

In the league game earlier in the year just under 50% of the total scores came from placed balls and with both teams wanting to get crowd going for this match you can expect a couple of heavy hits in the opening minutes. Unlike Cork, Kerry have an excellent long range free taker in Johnny Buckley and Cooper is also deadly accurate closer in. Darran O'Sullivan starting also helps us in this bet more than Donaghy as he draws a lot of fouls when he gets a run on the defence and with cooper feeding good ball from the half forward line this looks excellent value at the price.

Gooch :) Great call

Kilkenny Minors giving Laois a hammering - Ive taken several handicaps for Kilkenny -10, -11, -12

Radonman wrote: »
    Kilkenny Minors giving Laois a hammering - Ive taken several handicaps for Kilkenny -10,:D -11,:D -12:D
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Thanks mountain lad joe canning came good also on a free bet now for the David Burke bet also so all is good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement