Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Sir Vival wrote: »

Ballymote are hard-working and very fit but when push comes to shove i reckon tour come steam-roll them.

Complacency is the only thing that will beat tourlestrane

Verdict: Tourlestrane by 3/4pts

Tourlestrane 2-9 Ballymote Round Tower 0-8.

Kingscourt 0-16 Ramour 1-8 (cavan gaa)

Dr. Crokes 1-8 West kerry 0-5

Good calls on the games lads, more of the same for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Naomh eoin v ballinkillen in the carlow hurling champinship it's a knockout game and naomh eoin are a great price @ 4/5 in boylesports.They have hammered ballinkillen in the under 21 this year and will expect to give them a good beating in the senior today in a game they have to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

South Kerry 1 11 to 0 1 against Kilcummin at half time in a one sided affair in Kerry.

See Powers offering Handicap and ht/ft betting on a lot of the games this week and been told they will be offering these markets for the majority of games once they reach the latter stages in the club championships.

Should provide us with plenty of betting opportunities in the club matches

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

Was looking at south kerry -4 at 10/11 before the match but didnt bother, looks good now! yeh i noticed them markets aswell, the handicap bets are handy
    Half time in a few the matches here in waterford
    Mt sion leading Dungarvan 2 7 to 11
    Passage leading Tallow 1 4 to 3

With 5 minutes left it's St. Brigids 0-12 St.Faithleachas 0-9

If any of ye want to listen to Elphin Castlerea match it's live on shannonside

http://www.shannonside.ie/

EDIT: Goal Brigids, Game over

• Advertisement

Put a fiver on Elphin for an interest, ya never know!
    Full time Mount Sion 2 18 Dungarvan 17
    South Kerry 1-14 Kilcummin 0-07
    Tallow and Passgae was a draw in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Elphin won by a point lads.......

mixed up wrote: »
    Naomh eoin v ballinkillen in the carlow hurling champinship it's a knockout game and naomh eoin are a great price @ 4/5 in boylesports.They have hammered ballinkillen in the under 21 this year and will expect to give them a good beating in the senior today in a game they have to win.

I hope some of you guys backed them as expected naomh eoin won handy enough 2-15 to 0-13 :)

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Verdict: Elphin by 1/2 pts

Elphin 1-7 Castlerea 0-9

Elphin got a penalty in the second half, absolutely delighted. Finishes off a great weekend.

Thanks for the tips of Mt. Sion and Ballygunnar lads. Great stuff.

Some call with the elphin game sir vival, strange how they even drifted to 7/2 aswell! Has been a good weekend roll on next week!

• Advertisement

No fixtures this week that i have any knowledge on.

Have a mate playing for sixmilebridge (4/11) vs. o'callaghan mills in the clare hurling championship. All the clare boys i was talking to during the week reckons they'll win.

Dunnamaggin (4/7) are expected to beat Tullaroan by a few points in kilkenny on saturday but again this is what i've been told

Will probably do a €20 double, it returns €42.86

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

no real bets to be had in offaly this weekend, birr and coolderry will win but there odds reflect this and the other 2 games could go either way, Il probably have a nibble on seir kierans @ 9/4. theres wont be a whole lot between them and kilcormac, kinnity are a better team then st rynaghs but neither team have looked impressive so far this year so this is a game to avoid

Also ive been told that thurles sarsfield should have too much for drom & inch in tipperary, but once again this is second hand information

not much around in waterford either, semi finals in the football u would think would be tight but not here! Stradbally 1/12 will win, Ballinacourty 1/6 should win by a few aswell.
    Was told from a galway man Castlegar 8/15 should beat Tynagh Abbey, will probably put them ina accum with a few others like Dunnamaggin and hope for the best!

Tullaroan 0-10 Dunnamaggin 1-11

Kinvara 0-8 0-11 Craughwell

An Caislean Gearr 0-8 0-12 Tynagh-Abbey-Duniry

Turloughmore 0-9 1-16 Athenry

An Carn Mor 3-12 0-10 Killimordaly

No updates on the games in clare yet...

Good shout with Dunamaggin, pity Castlegar let me down!
    storykid wrote: »
    Stradbally 1/12 will win

This game was a draw, cant believe it! was talking to a Balinameela man during the week and he didnt give themselves a prayer, and neither did I!. Can only assume Stradbally were too cocky, had 23 wides but had to equalise in the last minute of stopage time. Finish 8 points to 1-5
    Balinacourty 1 15 Gualtier 10 points was other semi result. Have to fancy them for the title on current form, they have already won the league and are going well

Sixmilebridge only drew with O'Callaghan Mills :mad:

Some big games this weekend in connaught with the county senior finals being contested in roscommon, sligo and leitrim. I'll have my write up later today on these matchs.

Riteo seems to be few big games on this weekend all over the place

Down to business with the quarter finals of the Waterford SHC the weekend, gonna be some tough games

Ballygunner 4/7 v Mount Sion 6/4
    Its hard to see how Mount Sion can reverse their fairly average form in last few matches to overcome county champions Ballygunner here. They sure have the players capable of giving them a game like Ken Mcgrath Tony Browne and plenty other solid hurlers but i dont think they'll have enough. In their last match v Dungarvan, Mt Sion struggled but in the end came through by a few points.In a must win game i thought they would go out and set things staright by putting in a solid performance, after losing to Passage a week previous, but it wasnt convincing. Ballygunner have been solid all through and had easy wins against De La Salle and Abbeyside in their last 2 matches.Thier forwards are on fire scoreing for fun. They come into this game on form,i expect Mt Sion to raise thier game for this one against thier rivals, but the gunners should have enough to prevail. Last year they met at the semi final stage, the gunners winning by 4 points that day, Mt Sion havent really pushed on since then. Ballygunner by 4/5 points

Passage 1/3 v Fourmilewater 12/5
    Passage have been playing great stuff all year and come into this game unbeaten in their 5 group games, drawing against Tallow last week in a game they probably should have won. I think this will be a close game, Fourmile got a 10 point beating of De La Salle 2 weeks ago but they were missing a few key players in that match. They are a tough side to beat and have some very good hurlers. Its a big footballing area up there but since being knocked out of that a few weeks ago they will have been concentrating on this. Passage were poor last year and not far off the relegation palyoffs but have really turned it around this year beating Mt Sion and last years finalists Lismore along the way. They still have a young side and are being talked up as havening a good chance of possibly winning the title. I dont see them winning it this year and i think Fourmilewaters experience can see them cause a small upset here.

Ballyduff Upper 8/15 v Lismore 8/5 Draw 9/1
    Wouldn't rule out a draw here as this game will be very close.worth a few euro.Local derby. Lismore are value at 8/5 but id side with Ballyduff Upper to get over the line on this one by the odd point, they have been playing well and have been the best team in the championship so far in my opinion, winning 5 out of 5 group games and been impressive. Lismore started slow with a narrow win v Dungarvan and losing to Mt Sion, but in thier last 2 games they have hit form beating a tough Tallow side by 7 points before racking up 4 18 v Ballyduff Lower 2 weeks ago. In the league semi final at start of August Lismore won this fixture by 3 points in another close game. In 2008 Ballyduff Upper won this game by a point in a replay on their way to winning the county title. Last year these met in the semi with Lismore impressive that day pulling away by a couple of points.Not much between the 2 and a draw is a good possibility here

De La Salle 3/10 v Tallow 5/2
    Again this is a hard game to call but it will be closer than odds suggest. Im going to do a single on Tallow in this but its a risky game. De La Salle have been abit up and down. Losing to Ballyduff Upper at the start of the year,regained form, then recently hammered by Ballygunner, came back 2 weeks ago in their final group match to beat Fourmilewater by 10 points. Tallow started well and after beating Mt Sion in the opening match people fancied theyd make a push to win it, lost by 7 points to Lismore a few weeks ago before getting a draw vs in form Passage last week. Tallow are a nice price for what will be a close game i think.They are a solid team very good at the back, maybe dont have the scorers, something De La Salle will have with John Mullane leading the line up front. It is expected De La Salle will come through in a tough game, but if Tallow were to win it wouldnt come as tooo much of a surprise

Sorry for the delay, been caught up all week. So here it goes...

Sunday 25th september, Roscommon senior football final

St.Brigids v Elphin @1/4

It's elphin's first final in 24 years and i dont expect it to go well for them. On paper Brigids should have enough to win by 4 or 5 points. But as we know matches aren't decided on paper, however in terms of performances this year Brigids also have the edge. As i've mentioned previously Brigids are the kingpins of roscommon football with 7 (maybe 8) div.1 un-21 titles in a row and 3 senior titles in the last 10 years. Hunger wont be an issue despite their success as they havn't won the senior in the last two years, this would be seen as a barron spell in kiltoom. They've got class all over the field with lots of county experience including the mercurial frankie dolan, senan kilbride (will be roscommon's full-forward next year), roscommon captain peter domincan and i havn't even mentioned players like karl mannion, john tiernan or robbie kelly.

Elphin are a nice team but havn't got the class or physicality to compete with Brigids. They've had an easy enough run to the final but have yet failed to impress. I cant seem the scoring over 11/12 pts which is clearly a big problem. Altough their midfield was lauded for a great performance in the semi-final I can see them being totally over-run this week in the hyde. Unlike Brigids they have only one real scoring threat in fintan cregg but i can see him being double up on a roughened up a bit by an experience Brigids backline.

Brigids will be looking to win connaught this year, nevermind roscommon and i think they'll give it a good bash.

Verdict: Brigids by 4/5 pts

Sunday 25th september, Sligo senior football final

Tourlestrane v Eastern Harps @4/6

These two teams have dominated sligo football in recent teams, with both teams meeting in the final in 2007 & 2009 with tourlestrance coming out on top each time. I said Tour would win it out in the early stage of the championship and nothing has prompted me to think any different since. Harps just don't seem to be able to beat Tour in big games in recent times.

The one key match-up that I would highlight as being pivotal to how this game will go is between harps full-forward paul taylor (a lot of you will know him from years gone by with sligo and he's currently a selector on the county team) and Tour's full-back Brian kennedy. Taylor is strong, clever and deadly accurate put pace has eluded him over the past couple of years. Kennedy is a tidy full back (sub on county team) who i think could keep taylor scoreless from frees as he has done a job on him in previous games.

Player for player Tourlestrane have the better team and play a very expansive game. If Eamonn O'Hara plays i can see Tour winning with a few to spare (maybe 4/5 pts.) but even if he doesn't their strength in-depth should get them over the last hurdle.

Verdict: Tourlestrane by 2/3pts (more if o'hara plays)

In leitrim i think glencar/manor will beat st/marys to claim the 3-in-a-row but @4/11 i won't be going near them as both teams have failed to set the world on fire this year, i expect a very low scoring game with 11/12 pts to win it.

Sixmilebridge let me down in a double last week, but they're 1/2 to win the replay this weekend (were 4/11 last week). Due to the fact that the bridge's players have gotten a bit of a wake-up call and that the favourites normally win on the second day out i'm going to keep the faith with them this week and include them in my bet.

Naomh eoin vs Mt leinster rangers in the carlow S.H.C semi final.These teams met in the semi final two years ago with rangers winning by a point naomh eoin also lost the semi final last year by 1 point against different opposition Naomh eoin are 4/1 to win this match and that's a massive price they should be nowhere near that and are a great bet.Mt leinster rangers are missing two county players for this match one of them is injured and out for the year the other is suspended.There is also 2 or 3 of there players struggling to be fit for this having picked up injuries in there last match.In my oppinion there wont be any more than a puck of a ball in it and naomh eoin have to be backed at 4/1

• Advertisement

Naomh eoin vs Mt leinster rangers in the carlow S.H.C semi final.These teams met in the semi final two years ago with rangers winning by a point naomh eoin also lost the semi final last year by 1 point against different opposition Naomh eoin are 4/1 to win this match and that's a massive price they should be nowhere near that and are a great bet.Mt leinster rangers are missing two county players for this match one of them is injured and out for the year the other is suspended.There is also 2 or 3 of there players struggling to be fit for this having picked up injuries in there last match.In my oppinion there wont be any more than a puck of a ball in it and naomh eoin have to be backed at 4/1

Would have a small punt on Eoins but don't see it on PP website... they're the only bookie i'm with.

De La Salle 3/10 v Tallow 5/2
    e

Didnt know Tallow were still missing one of thier best players Aiden Kearney, De La Salle should come out on top by a few points.
    Just got the local paper and thier also tipping Fourmilewater to have the edge vs Passage, good value at 9/4

Sorry for anyone who went for the Fourmilewater tip in the end, disappointing result,beaten by 12ish points, dont have full time score. Not for the first time Passage have burned me, they are fast becoming a force with thier results this year. hopefully today will bring better luck!

Sorry for anyone who went for the Fourmilewater tip in the end, disappointing result,beaten by 12ish points, dont have full time score. Not for the first time Passage have burned me, they are fast becoming a force with thier results this year. hopefully today will bring better luck!

Not to worry, today will be better.

For anyone who wants to listen to the matches...

www.shannonside.ie will be covering the longford final at 15:00 and will be constantly getting updates from the leitrim final which is on at 15:30.

Shannonside will then cover the roscommon final at 16:30.

www.oceanfm.ie will be covering the sligo final at 16:30.

I'm pretty sure I heard that the longford final will be available online via a live stream, will post the web address if I find this to be the case.

EDIT: Here's the link for live stream of longford final. The match can be viewed by going to the "Community" section of the following website: www.Information-Providers.ie .

Longford club finals are notorius for having big crowds so the atmosphere should be electric. Dromard are missing their star county forward mcgee but slashers have been known to bottle it on the big day so i'm not touching this match betting wise, should be a good watch though.

Glencar/manor beat St.Marys by 2pts in the leitrim final to win the 3-in-a-row.

Half-time in longford: Slashers 0-8 Dromard 0-2. Slashers are playing all the football, dromard look rudderless.

Half-time in Roscommon: St.Brigids 0-6 Elphin 0-6. Tit for tat game, still expect brigids to win when push comes to shove in the 2nd half.

Half-time in sligo: Tourlestrane 0-7 Eastern harps 0-7. Havn't been listening to this one so don't know who's playing better...

RESULTS: Brigids won by 5pts, Slashers won as well by 2 or 3pts. However Harps beat tourlestrane by 3 pts, 0-13 to 0-10. Sickened by that result, taylor won his match-up

Full time in all the waterford matches. dont have scores but Ballygunner won by 6 points, De La Salle gave Tallow a hammering and Lismore beat Ballyduff Upper by 5 points

I heard a report from the sligo final. Supposedly tourlestrane's full-back and centre-half back collided and both had to go off with a good chunk of the game left...

Naomh Eoin lost by a point fair unlucky with this, i had something small on it, great shout all the same at that price

Naomh Eoin lost by a point fair unlucky with this, i had something small on it, great shout all the same at that price

I was at the game and they really should of won it they were up by a point with a few minutes to go and missed 3 or 4 frees that would of won it sorry if any of you guys lost much on them but they shouldn't of been 4/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

opinions on this weekends games?

I fancy a treble of

De la Salle
    vs Passage
    Sars vs Glen Rovers
    Ballymartle vs Tracton

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement