Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

PP has the Dublin handicap at -4 when they are winning by 9.

Must be worth a punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

loremolis wrote: »
    PP has the Dublin handicap at -4 when they are winning by 9.

Must be worth a punt

Absolutely.

I pointed it out last week, how could the bookies have had Galway at 2/5. Was beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

3/1 about Dublin to win the All-Ireland looks big. Head and shoulders above the rest at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

ft9 wrote: »
    3/1 about Dublin to win the All-Ireland looks big. Head and shoulders above the rest at the minute.

Took it at 9/2 with PP during the second half - they really look the real deal atm

They won't win more without support, even Galway fans outnumbered them today I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Radonman wrote: »
    Took it at 9/2 with PP during the second half - they really look the real deal atm

If KK get it together they will beat them. Can't see anyone else stopping them though. Surprised PP had outright betting available while the match was on. Nice bet though at 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

If KK get it together they will beat them. Can't see anyone else stopping them though. Surprised PP had outright betting available while the match was on. Nice bet though at 9/2

Agreed with you on all accounts ( was suprised to see the outright betting ) but my thinking is that Dublin should have a good run now to hopefully the final and ill guarantee profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Can't see the value in the current 4/1 to be honest. If they meet Kilkenny at either Semi or final stage, they're going to be 5/2 at the very least on betfair. Couple that with them being 'pick-em' against the likes of Galway/Cork/Limerick in the other match they have to play, and that gives 6/1. You'd have to think they're going to have to beat KK at some stage. Even if they don't, you can roughly say Evs/Evs against two of the three above, and that only gives 3/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Rightwing wrote: »
    They won't win more without support, even Galway fans outnumbered them today I'd say.

Dublin had far many more supporters in croker than Galway, not that it has anything to do with their ability to win an All Ireland though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Dublin had far many more supporters in croker than Galway, not that it has anything to do with their ability to win an All Ireland though

You have the best username I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »

Chuckle chuckle :pac:

So KK -6 to beat Waterford, and Clare - 7 to beat Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Had the best username

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I tipped Galway to cover the handicap vs Waterford last weekend so I guess any advice I give is free to be ignored but I believe Kildare minors to cover the Hcap of 4 points vs westmeath in the Leinster final is a good bet.

11/10 with paddies.

Kildare destroyed a weak Dublin team in Parnell last weekend. Running out only 10 point winners due to Dublin making a late charge when the game was well over.

The Kildare team has a very lithe un-kildare like forwardline of natural footballers but also has a high workrate and have a lot of potential to dominate around the middle as you get with Kildare teams. Its backline has a few worries about it but wasn't tested enough by Dublin. Kildare had 3 goals chances in the Dublin game and took all three. They kicked very few wides as running up a score of 3-13 in 60 mins tells you.

Westmeath have injury problems: http://hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=196169

They bet Meath in the other semi by 2 points. Meath lost heavily to offaly in the first round who Kildare destroyed in the qf by 21 points. All results in the leinster championship here. http://www.leinstergaa.ie/home/default.aspx?id=10&compID=18937

I expect Westmeath under Tommy Carr to try and rough up Kildare. If the game has a strong ref as the Dublin game did them I think it will be good news for Kildare.

Basically Kildare have won their 3 matches so far by 34 points, 21 point and 10 points. They look to be a class apart from everything else in this championship and once the occasion doesn't get to them and the ref isn't one of these guys who sees it as their duty to provide a close game to entertain the spectators they should cover the 4 points with ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

So KK -6 to beat Waterford, and Clare - 7 to beat Wexford.

Its Clare -6 with Boyles. Like Clare -6 and Wexford to beat Longford

Warper wrote: »
    Its Clare -6 with Boyles. Like Clare -6 and Wexford to beat Longford

Yeah but it's 10/11 -6, whereas you can get 11/10 -7 with Ladbrokes, which is a much better bet if you fancy Clare to cover a spread. Any Wexford bet should be done with Hills

Wexford are a brilliant price again this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Which code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Which code?

Football I'd say he means, but I don't see there being 7 points in it in the hurling.

Yeah meant the football.

• Advertisement

I took the 11/10 when Hills first went up. There's good value in the GAA this summer, lots of firms taking views. In other years you had them all copying each other like sheep, basically the whole market was just inverse prices with the draw stuck in to take away all margin. It's still a pain in the hole that Betfair lines never fully form for GAA games, but its not such a problem this year

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I took the 11/10 when Hills first went up. There's good value in the GAA this summer, lots of firms taking views. In other years you had them all copying each other like sheep, basically the whole market was just inverse prices with the draw stuck in to take away all margin. It's still a pain in the hole that Betfair lines never fully form for GAA games, but its not such a problem this year

Yeah kind of sucks when bookies refuse to take your bets yet also refuse to change their lines. Basically saying they don't mind having the wrong price they just don't want you winning anything from it. Bizarre really.

Yeah meant the football.

Leinster football is pathetic. Longford are well capable of beating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

Surely Dublin will trounce Meath and easily cover an 8 point handicap? Thoughts? Thanks

SD1990 wrote: »
    Surely Dublin will trounce Meath and easily cover an 8 point handicap? Thoughts? Thanks

No. Too dodgy at 8 points.

SD1990 wrote: »

They probably will in fairness, they are miles ahead of every team in Leinster. They are scoring for fun and rack up unusually high scores for football. I say a + 10pts beating in store.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Yeah but it's 10/11 -6, whereas you can get 11/10 -7 with Ladbrokes, which is a much better bet if you fancy Clare to cover a spread. Any Wexford bet should be done with Hills

Hardly a much better bet if at all.

Leinster football is pathetic. Longford are well capable of beating them.

wat? They're both Leinster teams?

Obv Longford are capable of beating them, doesn't alter the fact that the Wexford price is good.

wat? They're both Leinster teams?

Obv Longford are capable of beating them, doesn't alter the fact that the Wexford price is good.

Not so sure, I'd have that game at Evs.

• Advertisement

Yeah kind of sucks when bookies refuse to take your bets yet also refuse to change their lines. Basically saying they don't mind having the wrong price they just don't want you winning anything from it. Bizarre really.

The English ones I take it? Have the same problem with some. There's a few nice alternatives with the same prices cropping up though, betpack (stan james), and seaniemac.com if you don't live near a Boyle's ;)
    Warper wrote: »
    Hardly a much better bet if at all.

Do you really think one point is worth losing nearly 20% of margin? One point in a likely lob sided hurling match? Evs -7 would be slightly better than 10/11 -6. 11/10 -7 is much better

It's amazing how many punters look at handicap lines and just take them as 'all the same' if they're close to Evens. If you're taking 10/11 or especially 5/6 there must be a serious line difference in your favour to make it at all logical

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement