Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The English ones I take it? Have the same problem with some. There's a few nice alternatives with the same prices cropping up though, betpack (stan james), and seaniemac.com if you don't live near a Boyle's ;)

Keep that under your hat!

Rightwing wrote: »
    Not so sure, I'd have that game at Evs.

In which case Wexford -1 @ 13/8 is a great bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

keane2097 wrote: »

That looks good.

Main thing to remember is, leinster football is so weak that form is nothing between them. I'd keep stakes small.

That looks good.

Main thing to remember is, leinster football is so weak that form is nothing between them. I'd keep stakes small.

I don't really rate short term form as a handicapping tool.

I don't really rate short term form as a handicapping tool.

I'd back Longford to win the game.

Football bet of the weekend looks like Dub v Meath

Total points: Over 36.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd back Longford to win the game.

Football bet of the weekend looks like Dub v Meath

Total points: Over 36.5

That is a lot of points for a football game, good weather and Dublin's attacking prowess regardless.

Meath haven't exactly been prolific scorers, presumably 12-15 points would be their maximum against Dublin. Are Dublin capable of scoring 20-25 points in a Leinster final?

P_1 wrote: »
    That is a lot of points for a football game, good weather and Dublin's attacking prowess regardless.

Meath haven't exactly been prolific scorers, presumably 12-15 points would be their maximum against Dublin. Are Dublin capable of scoring 20-25 points in a Leinster final?

It is a lot, but it will be an open game.
    A scoreline as follows:

3-14 to 1-13 will do it.

Here's my piece for the weekend. If you like the overs in the Dublin game the MD McAuley bet is a really good price too:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-volume-volume-volume/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Leinster football is pathetic. Longford are well capable of beating them.

Nonsense in my opinion.... Outside of the top 5 or 6, most other teams in country are at a similar level. For instance, how would Wexford or kildare get on against semi finalists in any of the other provinces, like Leitrim, Roscommon, cavan, Clare or Waterford? They'd be favourites against all of them in my eyes. Anyway, back to the point of this thread - I think there's a serious bet to be had on paddy power in the Kildare/louth game; Louth over 15.5 points. Louth have scored 1-16, 1-15 and 1-17 in their three games so far, making them one of the highest scoring teams in this years championship. Kildare are probably the best team they'll have played, but having seen them against Dublin, they look very creaky at the back. Louths backs seem to be no great shakes either, which makes the 5/6 about the total score being over 33.5 points look excellent value too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Armagh v Leitrim - Armagh to score over 1.5 goals @13/8 with PP. Leitrim conceded two in both games v London and Armagh are showing a real improvement since their first round loss to a good Cavan side ( they scored one goal) , they also scored two against Wicklow in their last game. Odds are a bit poor but I think they will do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Radonman wrote: »
    Armagh v Leitrim - Armagh to score over 1.5 goals @13/8 with PP. Leitrim conceded two in both games v London and Armagh are showing a real improvement since their first round loss to a good Cavan side ( they scored one goal) , they also scored two against Wicklow in their last game. Odds are a bit poor but I think they will do it

Just a word of warning here - Leitrim are expected to go ultra-defensive today with so many absentees. Not saying Armagh won't get 2 goals, but Jamie Clarke in particular will be in for a frustrating afternoon

elhorse wrote: »
    Just a word of warning here - Leitrim are expected to go ultra-defensive today with so many absentees. Not saying Armagh won't get 2 goals, but Jamie Clarke in particular will be in for a frustrating afternoon

Too late for me I'm afraid, money already on but I can't argue with your assessment, Leitrim are missing a lot but I expect Armagh's Crossmaglen style of attack to counter it also gonna take Armagh -6 @ 4/5 with PP, small stake on this as Leitrim beat them in a challenge game a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Well done 2 goals in less than 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Well in Radonman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

well done radonman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What were the odds on over 7.5......:eek::eek::eek:

Anyone wanna put me off Kilkenny -6 10/11

Armagh v Leitrim - Armagh to score over 1.5 goals @13/8 with PP:D. Leitrim conceded two in both games v London and Armagh are showing a real improvement since their first round loss to a good Cavan side ( they scored one goal) , they also scored two against Wicklow in their last game. Odds are a bit poor but I think they will do it
    Too late for me I'm afraid, money already on but I can't argue with your assessment, Leitrim are missing a lot but I expect Armagh's Crossmaglen style of attack to counter it also gonna take Armagh -6 @ 4/5 with PP:D, small stake on this as Leitrim beat them in a challenge game a month ago

Thanks folks - the ole GAA has been good to me lately:cool: - I'm finding i'm making more and more money from the in play bets than the bets placed before hand, cleaned up on the Armagh game in play (I would post them but things happen so fast in GAA that its hard to) - Delighted with the goals as i really felt strongly that if London could score 2 then what would Armagh do, well we got our answer:o

magherakid wrote: »
    Anyone wanna put me off Kilkenny -6 10/11

I do think KK will win but i'm not sure they will cover -6, i've watched there last few games and they do not seem to be playing as direct as usual plus they have only scored 1 goals in their 3 championship games, kinda hard to cover the handicap (which they have failded to do this season) without scoring a few goals - no bet for me but i'm heading to the pub to watch it :D

Bet is on Radonman wish me luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

'Good Lick' - said in an Armenian accent á la Taken..:)

You got it Magherakid, looks like you will need it but I did expect Waterford to start well - plenty of time left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Two Wexford draws have presumably killed my weekend acca, I'm guessing WDW is 70 mins only

As I said about Leinster football, it's so weak, there's no real form. Hope you skipped this bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

A bet I like the look of tomorrow is Dublin to score 2 or more goals at evens (PP). They're on fire this year and as usual are ruthless in front of goal. Seeing as they scored 4 goals against Kildare I think they stand a good chance of getting 2 against Meath. They like going for goals, even when the game is over as a contest, and I feel if they get the chance they'll try to punish their old rivals tomorrow. They've a great set of forwards, and I think the key is that they have a few more great options to come off the bench who often go for goal too to try and impress. I can see them racking up a good score tomorrow and if they do there's a good chance there'll be a couple of goals among it. Still a risk of course as you don't know what way the game will go, but I'm going big on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

As I said about Leinster football, it's so weak, there's no real form. Hope you skipped this bet.

You realise a 13/8 shot is expected to win less than 40% of the time? He jumped on a price that was clearly too big (and moved). It losing was unlucky but in the long you'll be up backing bets like that. You even said yourself earlier in the thread you'd have the teams at evens. You probably don't realise, but by having Wexford at evens, with normal handicap rules, you were saying that 13/8 was a good bet.

You realise a 13/8 shot is expected to win less than 40% of the time? He jumped on a price that was clearly too big (and moved). It losing was unlucky but in the long you'll be up backing bets like that. You even said yourself earlier in the thread you'd have the teams at evens. You probably don't realise, but by having Wexford at evens, with normal handicap rules, you were saying that 13/8 was a good bet.

I'm afraid it's only a good bet if it wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'm afraid it's only a good bet if it wins.

Grand. So if someone got Meath at 1,000/1 today and it lost (as it's probably will 90% of the time), you will say it was a bad bet?

Grand. So if someone got Meath at 1,000/1 today and it lost (as it's probably will 90% of the time), you will say it was a bad bet?

There's 1 word in that sentence I don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Here's my piece for the weekend. If you like the overs in the Dublin game the MD McAuley bet is a really good price too:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-volume-volume-volume/

MD McAuley is 13/8 for over 0.5 pts and 16/1 to score in both halves.

Does the 16/1 look a bit big in anyone else's opinion.?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement