Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Grand. So if someone got Meath at 1,000/1 today and it lost (as it's probably will 90% of the time), you will say it was a bad bet?

Well said. So many contradictory posts from one person don't warrant reply. Sick about my louth over 15.5 points bet last night, by all accounts some inexplicable misses and not scoring in the last 15 minutes put paid to it. I still believe it was a great bet at the price, unfortunately it fell short. The Dublin to score over 1.5 goals bet looks like one I'll follow today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

In play bet Kildare minors over 0.5 goals @ 4/5

Radonman wrote: »
    In play bet Kildare minors over 0.5 goals @ 4/5

Gooooooaaaaaallllll :)

Sorry for the last post but in the booking markets in the Dublin / Meath game - M Burke anytine @ 3/2 and C Gillespie @ 7/4. The Meath boss is on record that their going to try to disrupt Dublin coming through the middle an d a Meath Centre back and Midfielder are as good a bet as any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

P Mannion over 3.5 points - 2.5 Unit
    M Newman over 5.5 poins - 5 Units
    G Reilly over 2.5 points - 2.5 Units

Meath +8 points& Cork double - 2 Units

2 draws - 1/4 unit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

keane2097
    Here's my piece for the weekend. If you like the overs in the Dublin game the MD McAuley bet is a really good price too:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-volume-volume-volume/

Thanks Keane2097 - had a tenner at 19/1 on Paul Flynn to score 1st goal

Alsi Stuck a tenner on MD McAuley to score a point or more in both halves at 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Dublin game in play bet goals over 1.5 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »

didn't take long, was coming :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Dublin over 1.5 goals, well in!

magherakid wrote: »

Was just double dipping but was too late :( - btw RTE pictures are behind PP live betting, was wondering why was it suspended, nice pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »
    A bet I like the look of tomorrow is Dublin to score 2 or more goals at evens (PP). They're on fire this year and as usual are ruthless in front of goal. Seeing as they scored 4 goals against Kildare I think they stand a good chance of getting 2 against Meath. They like going for goals, even when the game is over as a contest, and I feel if they get the chance they'll try to punish their old rivals tomorrow. They've a great set of forwards, and I think the key is that they have a few more great options to come off the bench who often go for goal too to try and impress. I can see them racking up a good score tomorrow and if they do there's a good chance there'll be a couple of goals among it. Still a risk of course as you don't know what way the game will go, but I'm going big on this.

Boom! Happy with that, was beginning to think it mightn't come in but you can always rely on Dublin to keep creating goal chances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

P Mannion over 3.5 points - 2.5 Unit - Winner
    M Newman over 5.5 poins - 5 Units - Winner
    G Reilly over 2.5 points - 2.5 Units - Loser

Meath +8 points& Cork double - 2 Units - half way there

2 draws - 1/4 units

Lovely easy money day.

Radonman wrote: »
    Sorry for the last post but in the booking markets in the Dublin / Meath game - M Burke anytine @ 3/2 :D and C Gillespie @ 7/4.:( The Meath boss is on record that their going to try to disrupt Dublin coming through the middle an d a Meath Centre back and Midfielder are as good a bet as any

Up is up :p

P Horgan over 8.5 points - 2 Units
    L O Farrell over 2.5 points - 5 Units

Draw - 2 Units

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dots1982 wrote: »
    I tipped Galway to cover the handicap vs Waterford last weekend so I guess any advice I give is free to be ignored but I believe Kildare minors to cover the Hcap of 4 points vs westmeath in the Leinster final is a good bet.

11/10 with paddies.

Kildare destroyed a weak Dublin team in Parnell last weekend. Running out only 10 point winners due to Dublin making a late charge when the game was well over.

The Kildare team has a very lithe un-kildare like forwardline of natural footballers but also has a high workrate and have a lot of potential to dominate around the middle as you get with Kildare teams. Its backline has a few worries about it but wasn't tested enough by Dublin. Kildare had 3 goals chances in the Dublin game and took all three. They kicked very few wides as running up a score of 3-13 in 60 mins tells you.

Westmeath have injury problems: http://hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=196169

They bet Meath in the other semi by 2 points. Meath lost heavily to offaly in the first round who Kildare destroyed in the qf by 21 points. All results in the leinster championship here. http://www.leinstergaa.ie/home/default.aspx?id=10&compID=18937

I expect Westmeath under Tommy Carr to try and rough up Kildare. If the game has a strong ref as the Dublin game did them I think it will be good news for Kildare.

Basically Kildare have won their 3 matches so far by 34 points, 21 point and 10 points. They look to be a class apart from everything else in this championship and once the occasion doesn't get to them and the ref isn't one of these guys who sees it as their duty to provide a close game to entertain the spectators they should cover the 4 points with ease.

Cosy enough. The ref was strong. Kildare had way too much class and could have won by 20 points. The relative closest of the score line might mean a juicy hcap again the next day.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Cosy enough. The ref was strong. Kildare had way too much class and could have won by 20 points. The relative closest of the score line might mean a juicy hcap again the next day.

Followed you on that tip Dots - well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This thread has had a lot of excellent contributors these last few weeks. Wp everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Rightwing wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's only a good bet if it wins.

Soo much wrong with that post its hard to know where to begin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Soo much wrong with that post its hard to know where to begin :(

That's what your average mug punter thinks. But it's the reason why the bookies win.

An example. Rugby. Gatty drops BOD, the mug punters back the Aussies to win. It looks a great bet. The lions are in disarray,,,,complete nonsense, they go on to record their biggest victory and the bookies milked the mug punters.

If you beat the bookie, you had a great bet.
    If the bookie beats you, you had a sh*t bet.

That'a all that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

So Galway are 4/5 to beat Clare, the handicap is -1

KK are 1/3 and the handicap is -4

That's what your average mug punter thinks. But it's the reason why the bookies win.

An example. Rugby. Gatty drops BOD, the mug punters back the Aussies to win. It looks a great bet. The lions are in disarray,,,,complete nonsense, they go on to record their biggest victory and the bookies milked the mug punters.

If you beat the bookie, you had a great bet.
    If the bookie beats you, you had a sh*t bet.

That'a all that counts.

lol I sooo want to be your bookie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I love the use of the word 'mug', so ironic :)

That Laois 6/5 vs Wexford looks huge. Laois are one of the most underrated teams in the country and were excellent in the league, especially compared with Wexford who were uninspiring. I expected big things out of Laois come championship and was very surprised by the collapse against Louth. However, I can give them one bad day and it's not like Louth are a poor side. Laois have since convincingly hammered Clare and have had a nice break. They ran Dublin close in an All Ireland QF last year lest we forget. Wexford on the other hand are no great shakes. They got beaten by an average Meath side, and grabbed a draw they scarcely deserved vs Longford. They won in extra time of course, but with Saturday set to be a scorcher and a 7 day turaround, that could work against them. It's on in Wexford but I don't see that as too much of a disadvantage for Laois, not too much travel and large partizan crowds rarely turn out for qualifiers. I really presumed this would be odds on and i'd be surpirsed if Boyles and VC still have that 6/5 there by Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Bet victor look decent on the GAA. Regular seeing best price on selections there. I'd say they don't have too many markets, though?

Even money for London +17 against Mayo.

17 points in Football is a big score, obviously London are only a D4 side but they seem capable of getting 9-12 points which should see that handicap home.

I listened to their first game against Leitrim and they must have had 4/5 goal chances. They certainly seem capable of bagging a goal or two and that would be astronomical with a 17 point lead.

Mayo on the other hand are struggling bad for goals, they bagged a few against Galway but the defending that day was so pitiful I'd much rather take the form of their subsequent game against Roscommon and the past year in general.
    So Galway are 4/5 to beat Clare, the handicap is -1

KK are 1/3 and the handicap is -4

The best way to back Galway is HT/FT. We very seldom overturn deficits so if we're up at HT we've turned up.

The trend this year has been to back against KK with the handicap.
    Having said that it's never been as low as -4(Bar Tipp).
    Waterford were +6 which I had myself.
    Dublin the first game at +9 which I also had but let down elsewhere, and I believe the replay was around +6/7 to Dublin.
    Didn't see the Offaly betting but I'd imagine Offaly won that since it was only a 4-6point win(?)
    The Tipp game is the only one they covered it in thus far.

The best way to back Galway is HT/FT. We very seldom overturn deficits so if we're up at HT we've turned up.

The trend this year has been to back against KK with the handicap.
    Having said that it's never been as low as -4(Bar Tipp).
    Waterford were +6 which I had myself.
    Dublin the first game at +9 which I also had but let down elsewhere, and I believe the replay was around +6/7 to Dublin.
    Didn't see the Offaly betting but I'd imagine Offaly won that since it was only a 4-6point win(?)
    The Tipp game is the only one they covered it in thus far.

London game is dodgy. Massive handicap I agree, but London are poor. Sligo were poor, Leitrim maybe even worse judging by the 8 goals they conceded against Armagh. Mayo could probably beat 17 uif they wanted to, but I guess its hard to see it being much more than that, London will do eveything to try and avoid being mauled.

I think the margins when Cork are playing often favour betting against them. If Horgan is missing I would ccertainly be more inclined to take Kilkenny -4 than Cork +4. Offally were +11 I think and lost by 5. Sounds like good logic on the Galway one and probably a reasonable price on that too.

London game is dodgy. Massive handicap I agree, but London are poor. Sligo were poor, Leitrim maybe even worse judging by the 8 goals they conceded against Armagh. Mayo could probably beat 17 uif they wanted to, but I guess its hard to see it being much more than that, London will do eveything to try and avoid being mauled.

I think the margins when Cork are playing often favour betting against them. If Horgan is missing I would ccertainly be more inclined to take Kilkenny -4 than Cork +4. Offally were +11 I think and lost by 5. Sounds like good logic on the Galway one and probably a reasonable price on that too.

Galway/Galway is 15/8 on PP, so it's decent bet in itself without adding to it.

I'd have thought Offaly were something around +11-13 alright based on the bookies giving Dublin +9 the first day out.

The Horgan red is likely to be overturned.
    It's still a tight one, you don't know now how well they're going as the red changed the game and while I was waiting on Limerick for a double I have to say I really feared for them after they slipped back from 3 up.
    I think without the red Cork could very well have won the game, it killed their attack and adding Cussen to a depleted forward line is a white flag.
    So maybe Cork can cover it, they were looking better than last year and KK's backs are keeping them in it thus far.
    You just lose that extra confidence in Cork having only seen them play a half in the final.

The Horgan red is likely to be overturned.

Zero chance of this IMO, obviously it was very harsh but the simple fact of the matter is he technically struck him on the head, I can't see on what grounds it could possibly be overturned.

Zero chance of this IMO, obviously it was very harsh but the simple fact of the matter is he technically struck him on the head, I can't see on what grounds it could possibly be overturned.

Well he does, play for Cork I suppose :D

But yeah the GAA are not in the habit of undermining there referees, even when they deserve to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭skydish79

Fancy Mayo to go looking for some goals against london, they wasted a lot of goal chances in the last round

Bet 365 over 2.5 goals at 5/4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement