Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gonna get on that over 2.5 goals @ 5/4 too. Seems great value and considering London have hit a few goals on the way to the Connacht final, it wont be a huge surprise if they hit a goal too.

But other than that there is no value other than maybe the keeper Rob Hennelly anytime scorer @ 7/1 (inc points and goals). Mayo wont have any recognized free taker other than Dillon and perhaps McLoughlin and Freeman. So 45s could be up grabs and Hennelly has in the past took a few (woeful ones:pac:) but he has also hit few on target too so maybe PP have mis-priced that one. Novelty bet but decent price all the same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Gonna get on that over 2.5 goals @ 5/4 too. Seems great value and considering London have hit a few goals on the way to the Connacht final, it wont be a huge surprise if they hit a goal too.

But other than that there is no value other than maybe the keeper Rob Hennelly anytime scorer @ 7/1 (inc points and goals). Mayo wont have any recognized free taker other than Dillon and perhaps McLoughlin and Freeman. So 45s could be up grabs and Hennelly has in the past took a few (woeful ones:pac:) but he has also hit few on target too so maybe PP have mis-priced that one. Novelty bet but decent price all the same..

Rob Hennelly said on his twitter account that he would probably not be on the frees. It was a jokey enough tweet so wise not to overly read into it. Since he's only playing this game to give him a runout I presume they wouldn't want him on the frees, they'd want the regular starters to practice their kicks and get on a roll. Still though 7/1 is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Zero chance of this IMO, obviously it was very harsh but the simple fact of the matter is he technically struck him on the head, I can't see on what grounds it could possibly be overturned.

overturned, good call :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

overturned, good call :pac:

My bad, never under estimate Frank Murphy! Don't think the referees committee will be best pleased, we may not have heard the end of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Armagh v Leitrim - Armagh to score over 1.5 goals @13/8 with PP. Leitrim conceded two in both games v London and Armagh are showing a real improvement since their first round loss to a good Cavan side ( they scored one goal) , they also scored two against Wicklow in their last game. Odds are a bit poor but I think they will do it

Galway V Armagh - same info as above but Armagh got 8 against Leitrim. Galway were really poor against Waterford and really should have been knocked out where as Armagh have been more and more inpressive as the campaign has gone on - Armagh beat Galway by 6 points in Galway in the league and I expect the same again here
    Armagh (-2) @ 10/11
    Armagh (-3) @ 13/10 both PP

Armagh over 1.5 goals @ 7/4 Ladbrooks
    Game over 2.5 goals @ 7/4 Boyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Over 1.5 45's in the Mayo match with 365 seems decent enough at 1/2, I can't see there not being at least 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Gone with a Yankee - Tyrone -2, Armagh -2, Laois and a draw in the Derry/ Cavan game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

At the moment Galway are really putting it up to Armagh, leading 1-06 to : 05.

Goes to show you can't read too much into any 1 game.

Galway 1-11 : Armagh -08

Rightwing wrote: »
    At the moment Galway are really putting it up to Armagh, leading 1-06 to : 05.

Goes to show you can't read too much into any 1 game.

Galway 1-11 : Armagh -08

Yup - this is really gonna hurt - but this was not just one game, Galway have been rubbish till now and have out thought Armagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Just took Cavan and Derry to draw at 4/1, Cavan 0-16 0-14 Derry when I took it.

• Advertisement

Yup - this is really gonna hurt - but this was not just one game, Galway have been rubbish till now and have out thought Armagh

Ya, bad luck, hope you didn't lose much. It's one that fell into the 'looks a great bet' category. I'd have backed Armagh myself if I had the chance.

Just took Cavan and Derry to draw at 4/1, Cavan 0-16 0-14 Derry when I took it.

That'll do nicely :)

Donie Kingston been ruled out for Laois. Big blow? Was thinking of backing them on account of fatigue in Wexford having played 90 mins last week but reconsidering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Kildare +2 10/11

Kildare +2 10/11

Just looking at Kildare there, they look a nothing team. You might need +12 to win that bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Just looking at Kildare there, they look a nothing team. You might need +12 to win that bet.

Yeah very poor tonight. Only hope is if Tyrone buckle a la Roscommon. Can't see it tho.

Ugh horrible way to lose a bet. Feel robbed.

Yeah very poor tonight. Only hope is if Tyrone buckle a la Roscommon. Can't see it tho.

Ugh horrible way to lose a bet. Feel robbed.

If it went on for another minute or 2 I'd say you would have won.

Bookies always seem to have the bit of luck going.

Mayo Minors off to a flyer - 2 goals after 10 mins, Mayo over 2.5 @ 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Gone with a Yankee - Tyrone -2, Armagh -2, Laois and a draw in the Derry/ Cavan game

A little unlucky not to hit a trixie with kildare scoring with the last kick of the game, still doubled my money with only one win from 11 lines cant complain

A little unlucky not to hit a trixie with kildare scoring with the last kick of the game, still doubled my money with only one win from 11 lines cant complain

Great betting to do that in fairness!

Mayo Minors off to a flyer - 2 goals after 10 mins, Mayo over 2.5 @ 11/10

:) nice, help with the recovery from the Armagh debacle

• Advertisement

Fowler87 wrote: »

Gone from 7/1 to 1/3 which suggests this may be an exceptional call!

London +13(alternative h cap), Monaghan +6 and Tiger woods trixie

A little unlucky? I'd call that very unlucky.

What odds would you have got on that ?

London +13(alternative h cap), Monaghan +6 and Tiger woods trixie

Similar for me.

London +18(standard mark) and Monaghan +6(Ulster games are usually low scoring, so any decent score from them should see that home) double for me.

Had Scott backed since Thurs at 20/1 so hoping he can get going today.

A little unlucky? I'd call that very unlucky.

What odds would you have got on that ?

the trixie would have returned 720 or there abouts, the yankee stood to pay out 2350. Sick over the kildare one but such is the gambling life

Well thats that, Mayo will make the 18 now I'd say.
    Mayo players are just walking through without markers in sight.

Anyone backing Mayo, and goals in this match are on a winner. The london keeper is as poor as I've ever seen.

Yippee, come on now Monaghan.

How undeserved, Mayo should have won by about 40. Was delighted to see their HB's not even track back when London got back to 17 down. Must have had the handicap done themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't really agree Mayo should have won by more at all tbh. Mayo buried every goal chance, London missed three excellent ones and one or two decent others.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I don't really agree Mayo should have won by more at all tbh. Mayo buried every goal chance, London missed three excellent ones and one or two decent others.

Even with those three goal chances London created very little else, Mayo were only going through the motions. Mayo had double figure wides by half time, should have been out of sight by then. Unfortunately London couldnt keep their solid defensive displays up against a quality opposition although I thought they were a bit unlucky with a couple of the goals looked like at least one foul in the lead up to the second goal and similar with the third goal as well a london player looked like he was fouled coming out with the ball. But either way Mayo far too strong their lack of clinical point taking could come back to haunt them later in the championship.

Next game is an interesting one, I think Monaghan could pull off a surprise here, the draw might be worth a shot as well at 12/1. but i am defo going to have a good cut at Monaghan +6.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement