Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shefflin and M Fennelly both 16/1 for RTE MOTM on PP worth a pop for a bit of a mugs bet.

Richie Hogan 5/4 to score over 3.5 points, he hit good form in the ET period against Waterford and could well kick on tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Backed there to be a red card in London vs Cavan. Hopefully the ref does his job this week. Also want to back a Mayo Dublin final but the market doesn't seem to be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Ok so, I said I'd take Henry Shefflin as a goalscorer bet if he was a decent price, anything longer than Richie Hogan would have done. Unfortunately, he's 5/1 with Paddy Power.

I don't have a Bet 365 account but if I had I would be getting on him to score with them. Henry Shefflin First Goalscorer 9/1 and Anytime @5/2.

He's named at corner forward, and personally I feel there's as much hope of him starting there as there is of me starting center forward for Cork tomorrow. He'll be full forward. Patrick Horgan is 8/1 on PP and Boyles. That is an indicator of how good that price is on Shefflin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ok so, I said I'd take Henry Shefflin as a goalscorer bet if he was a decent price, anything longer than Richie Hogan would have done. Unfortunately, he's 5/1 with Paddy Power.

I don't have a Bet 365 account but if I had I would be getting on him to score with them. Henry Shefflin First Goalscorer 9/1 and Anytime @5/2.

He's named at corner forward, and personally I feel there's as much hope of him starting there as there is of me starting center forward for Cork tomorrow. He'll be full forward. Patrick Horgan is 8/1 on PP and Boyles. That is an indicator of how good that price is on Shefflin
    Cheers was looking for option to throw with over 2.5 goals in Cavan/London game. So 10er on Shefflin anytime and overs in Cavan/London @ 6/1.

Ya should get that bet365 account set up btw. They seem to have best gaa value markets plus the fact the 100% sign up bonus comes in handy too :pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Cheers was looking for option to throw with over 2.5 goals in Cavan/London game. So 10er on Shefflin anytime and overs in Cavan/London @ 6/1.

Ya should get that bet365 account set up btw. They seem to have best gaa value markets plus the fact the 100% sign up bonus comes in handy too :pac:

Yeah I intend on doing it, they also look to have great value on prices and available markets for Soccer too. Would do it now but I can't at the minute, so Paddy Power and Ladbrokes (shudder) will have to do for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Update: Cavan 7 : London 1-03

A good time to back Cavan now,,,-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I actually agree with you an awful lot, so quite reassured to find I finally disagree with you on something today! The logic regarding London is very sound in a normal championship match. But I really don't think this is. London will be spent in my view. They are on a 6 day turnaround (hard enough for normal teams, so will be very hard for London). I think they realise their season is over and they have to get back to normal working life in London. Despite the novelty factor of Croker, it's wide expanses will actually be a disadvantage to them. I have a feeling their minds will also be on the beer after (if not before). Last week you made the point about Mayo having no desire to take London to the cleaners. I see the opposite with Cavan. They have to make a point prior to their QF, and they don't get many opportunities to run up a score. First time in Croker in so long, they'll be all out. Not that im advising Cavan -12. Bookie Bashing's magical 16/1 spot, Cavan 16 or more, still makes no sense at 7/2 with a 12 point handicap. It was 4's until this morn. London will either make a game of this or crumble. That bet is a 5/2 shot max.

Would be all well and good only for the fact that Cavan are an average division 3 team and I've seen nothing to convince me that they're capable of a consistently higher level than that this summer despite a couple of decent performances.

Eugene Keating with probably the most embarrassing miss of all time

Rightwing wrote: »
    Update: Cavan 7 : London 1-03

A good time to back Cavan now,,,-8

Just sneaked in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »

Bet lost after a ridiculous miss from Cavan. Might have stake on Shefflin tomorrow still though as price is huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Eugene Keating with probably the most embarrassing miss of all time

Yeah it was one of the worst you'll ever see.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah it was one of the worst you'll ever see.

Ah horrible way to lose a bet! Had Martin Dunne any time and Cavan win so when Makcey played the pass left for their goal I nearly flipped over the computer screen. I find these things only seem to happen in GAA betting :p

Fairplay on the London handicap shout though, never looked in doubt even if they tired at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

A couple of individual bets today:

S O'Neill over 2.5 PTs 5 units
    S Bray over 1.5pts 10 units

Just took Cork to score first goal at evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Keating cost me a fair few bob the Bollicks:(, at least London got a goal but I lost out overall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Had Cavan over 1.5 goals at 4/6 in an accum, so fairly sickened to hear now that it should have come in.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Had Cavan over 1.5 goals at 4/6 in an accum, so fairly sickened to hear now that it should have come in.

Was listening to it on the radio and I've never heard a commentator tell the public to watch the Sunday game for an amazing miss as opposed to an amazing goal

Radonman wrote: »
    Was listening to it on the radio and I've never heard a commentator tell the public to watch the Sunday game for an amazing miss as opposed to an amazing goal

Ya saw it, he hit the post, how he managed that I don't know.

Just took Cork to score first goal at evens.

:) Live bets have been kind to me

Radonman wrote: »
    Early bet for me a Donegal, Tyrone double nets 0.93 / 1 - Tyrone playing great stuff and Donegal with a point to prove after the weekend, looks solid enough to me

Also tomorrow evening Waterford Minors are playing Limerick in the replayed munster final, Waterford were caught rotten by a late surge from limerick in the drawn game - Limerick were 7 pts down with 5 mins to play and Limerick fired home a 21 yrd free and followed it up with 1-1 to draw the game. Waterford are powered by several Harty cup winners and really should have won the drawn game and @ 10/11 (-2) with PP i'll have some of that

Main bet in thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

What are peoples thoughts in the Waterford v Antrim minor hurling match? Antrim +19 at evens seems like great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

keane2097 wrote: »

Your Some Boy for one Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Comhghairdeas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Excellent tipping keane, I may start following you!

Had a quick look ahead to the quarter-final odds, does anyone else think Monaghan look a bit big at 2/1 to beat Tyrone? I would've had that game more 50/50 myself, in fact I'm siding towards Monaghan a bit. I think they can beat that Tyrone team, they'll surely be up for it after the defeats they've suffered to Tyrone the last number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Yes the 2/1 is big about Monaghan. Lot of factors involved in this game. Will Monaghan be happy with their Ulster title? Can they play for 70mins again like they did v Donegal? Tyrone haven't showered themselves in glory in their last 2 games but they doggedly ground out results, and under Mickey Harte they are no mugs at this stage of the competition. If Monaghan can keep Kavanagh quiet they have a great chance. Im on Monaghan +3 with Paddy Power at 8/11, and will put Monaghan win into a double with something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Cork stil evens in-play on B365, 2/5 on PP. Don't think they've taken sending off into consideration.

Cork stil evens in-play on B365, 2/5 on PP. Don't think they've taken sending off into consideration.

Got em at 6/5 just after Kilkenny brought it back to 3 with PP. Cork doing all the hurling, and of course with the extra man now. Kilkenny look shellshocked and tired. I really wish I had a Bet 365 account now.

Great call though, there is value to be had in those live markets :) (lets just hope Cork don't bottle it from here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Got em at 6/5 just after Kilkenny brought it back to 3 with PP. Cork doing all the hurling, and of course with the extra man now. Kilkenny look shellshocked and tired. I really wish I had a Bet 365 account now.

Great call though, there is value to be had in those live markets :) (lets just hope Cork don't bottle it from here)

They are 4/6 on B365 now, Kilkenny 11/8 compared to 1/3 and 11/4 on PP. Crazy, don't have enough money in either account to take total advantage.

Should make a nice profit though. That said Kilkenny are the one team capable of doing the miraculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Dublin double anyone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Powers Up 1/1 Cork Dublin in the hurling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

what prices where Cork and Clare with Paddy Power anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement