Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Jordonvito wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts in the Waterford v Antrim minor hurling match? Antrim +19 at evens seems like great value!

Yes seemed great value to me too but the bookie's called it almost perfectly. 20pt win for Waterford :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    what prices where Cork and Clare with Paddy Power anyone?

To win the All Ireland ? Clare were 9/1, Cork 10/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

desbrook wrote: »
    Yes seemed great value to me too but the bookie's called it almost perfectly. 20pt win for Waterford :(

That game was abandoned. Bets will be voided I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

keane2097 wrote: »
    That game was abandoned. Bets will be voided I imagine.

The result will be sanctioned by Croke Park tomorrow and will stand, not sure though will that make any difference to the bookies. For the money Involved I suppose they probably will refund it, hardly much on it.

Outright
    Limerick
    9/4

Dublin
    5/2

Cork
    5/2

Clare
    10/3

Dub - Cork Evs
    Limk 8/11 to beat Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lumping on Dublin @ evs to beat Cork, I think its fantastic value, Dublin have looked really on their game throughout the championship to date and probably a bit too much is being read into Cork beating KK today, Cork's over reliance on Horgan will have been noted by Anthony Daly and I'd expect him to have a plan for Horgan, will be difficult to see where Cork can get the scores if Horgan is kept quiet

Also like Clare @ 11/8 v Limerick, think this one should be closer to evs. Davy has them extremely fit and they have a lot of game time under their belt. They seem extremely hungry and there has to be a decent chance Limerick could over celebrate the Munster title.

Double on these 2 as well as 2 singles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

KevIRL wrote: »
    Lumping on Dublin @ evs to beat Cork, I think its fantastic value, Dublin have looked really on their game throughout the championship to date and probably a bit too much is being read into Cork beating KK today, Cork's over reliance on Horgan will have been noted by Anthony Daly and I'd expect him to have a plan for Horgan, will be difficult to see where Cork can get the scores if Horgan is kept quiet

Also like Clare @ 11/8 v Limerick, think this one should be closer to evs. Davy has them extremely fit and they have a lot of game time under their belt. They seem extremely hungry and there has to be a decent chance Limerick could over celebrate the Munster title.

Double on these 2 as well as 2 singles

Horgan got 7 pts from frees - hard to 'plan' for that. Dublin took 2 attempts to beat kk and this is knock out hurling, no back door now. Some people might read too much into their victories to date. For me at any rate, I would certainly not Lump on either team in this match up.... at evens.

Clare aren't playing Limerick till August 18th I think....it would want to be some style of celebration from the Munster final to effect that game. I expect an equally close game here aswell.

Both games could be equally won by either team really, not much between the 4 of them I think - especially the way Red cards have been dished out in both the Munster final and today, that certainly swung things enormously in favour of 1 of the teams. Best of luck with your 'lump' bet though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dublin 2/5....Cork 12/5.... I know cork are playing poorly but they do have a good performance in them. Cork have a habit of falling behind and coming back strongly in the second half - á la 2010 against Dublin and more recently Galway. For that reason, IF Cork are going to win - I think Dublin ht and Cork ft is a very tempting 7/1....throwing a tenner on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can't see myself not backing Mayo -1 this weekend.

Still think Tyrone are very overrated as well. Coming up against Monaghan who have probably a more mobile midfield and half back line than Meath should reduce Cavanagh's influence from play a bit, and if their tackling is anywhere near as disciplined as it was against Donegal Tyrone will struggle for scores IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

The result will be sanctioned by Croke Park tomorrow and will stand, not sure though will that make any difference to the bookies. For the money Involved I suppose they probably will refund it, hardly much on it.
    yeah i gotta refund :)

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can't see myself not backing Mayo -1 this weekend.

Still think Tyrone are very overrated as well. Coming up against Monaghan who have probably a more mobile midfield and half back line than Meath should reduce Cavanagh's influence from play a bit, and if their tackling is anywhere near as disciplined as it was against Donegal Tyrone will struggle for scores IMO.

I agree with Mayo.

Tyrone no....they are playing within themselves, and managing to beat teams by about 2 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I'll be backing Kildare minors -4 vs Roscommon. Seen them play twice and they are class.

No team in Leinster has got within 8 points of them but while there was clear formlines you could judge Kildare on before now there isn't this time around since this is the first time they are playing a team competitvely outside their province. Roscommon minors are no mugs and probably should have won the connacht final judging by the stats from the game. Kildare played the Rossies in a friendly earlier in the season and only won by 2 points.

All this aside, this Kildare team is something quite special in my opinion and I'll be having a good few quid on them. I have heard nothing about injuries that will keep anyone of the first 15 out.

I will post later in the week if I hear anything that might damage my confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Rightwing wrote: »
    I agree with Mayo.

Tyrone no....they are playing within themselves, and managing to beat teams by about 2 points.

There is no way in January anyone would have been thinking mayo would be a good bet -1 at odds on in an AI 1/4 final against Donegal

Crazy game gotta love it

There is no way in January anyone would have been thinking mayo would be a good bet -1 at odds on in an AI 1/4 final against Donegal

Crazy game gotta love it

The hurling has been far crazier!

Jury is still out on Mayo though so I wouldn't go heavy on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I agree with Mayo.

Think Monaghan are a great bet myself. There's one very big reason why Tyrone are in the 1/4 finals imo, Sean Cavanagh. I really can't see Monaghan giving him the time and space that Meath did, and letting him waltz through the middle time and time again. I also think Monaghan are better equipped in midfield to deal with Tyrone, and if Darren Hughes is put on Cavanagh I think the Tyrone man will have his work cut out, though it may restrict Hughes' influence going forward. If Cavanagh hadn't been as influential in the last game I think we might have seen Meath in the 1/4 finals.

Monaghan have kept a miserly defence in Ulster this year, only conceding 0-25 in 3 games. I don't think Tyrone will score a huge amount, question is if Monaghan will do enough. The likes of McManus and K Hughes are in great form, and unlike previous Monaghan teams, they have a few great options off the bench.

I think Monaghan will edge a low-scoring game, and 2/1 looks great value to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dots1982 wrote: »
    I'll be backing Kildare minors -4 vs Roscommon. Seen them play twice and they are class.

No team in Leinster has got within 8 points of them but while there was clear formlines you could judge Kildare on before now there isn't this time around since this is the first time they are playing a team competitvely outside their province. Roscommon minors are no mugs and probably should have won the connacht final judging by the stats from the game. Kildare played the Rossies in a friendly earlier in the season and only won by 2 points.

All this aside, this Kildare team is something quite special in my opinion and I'll be having a good few quid on them. I have heard nothing about injuries that will keep anyone of the first 15 out.

I will post later in the week if I hear anything that might damage my confidence.

Roscommon appartenly bet Westmeath in a challenge before the Leinster final. They done so quite easily but I haven't got a score.

My main reason for backing them is that they have been far and away the best team in Leinster but that is not worth much if the standard in Connacht was far higher this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Boyle's have gone quite high on the total in the Monghan v Tyrone match. Under 32.5 is 5/6. Monaghan should approach this game like they did against Donegal and keep things tight.

Also on PP Dublin are 10/11 for HT/FT which seems good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

sboyle01 wrote: »
    Boyle's have gone quite high on the total in the Monghan v Tyrone match. Under 32.5 is 5/6. Monaghan should approach this game like they did against Donegal and keep things tight.

Also on PP Dublin are 10/11 for HT/FT which seems good value.

Was just getting on to tip this bet - Great bet imo, Monaghan games are averaging just 20.66 pts per game in the championship and Tyrone (excluding the Offaly hammering:rolleyes:) are averaging 26.50 pts per game. I really expected this line to be in the region of 25 / 25 pts - Paddys line is 30.5, Ladbrokes are 31.5, Monaghan game v Donegal was 0-13 to 0-7 and i expect more of the same with Mohaghan taking the Donegal defensive tactics to a new level - Boyles def have this wrong and its my biggest GAA bet of the year
    Also a small bet on no goals @ 5/1 with Ladbrokes - There has only been one goal in Monaghan's 3 championship games and Tyrone have only scored 2 in 5

Great shout there with the unders points for the Monaghan-Tyrone game, that really is lump material.

A few other bets I'm looking at in that game:

No Tyrone goals 6/4 - Monaghan haven't conceded a goal in this year's championship yet. Indeed I don't think the keeper even had to make a save against Donegal.

P Donaghy under 0.5 points 13/8 - scored a fantastic long range point against Donegal, but unless he repeats that it's hard to see him scoring here. Will be playing most of his game between the 45's going for the breaks and being involved in the link up play.

O Lennon under 0.5 points 4/5 - He rarely takes a shot, nevermind scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Had an in-depth write-up done there but it disappeared:mad: and not typing it again so here's my bets for the weekend.

Backed Monaghan +3 after the draw at 8/11, not as confident now tho (hopefully i'm wrong). The Tyrone to qualify at a standout 1/2 with Boyles would probably have be my bet today had i not backed early.

Bet of the weekend is Kerry -4 at 8/11 with pp. Ill be lumping this.

Dublin/ Cork too tight in the handicaps for me
    Mayo should account for Donegal

An accum just for fun
    Kerry -6 11/10
    Mayo -3 7/4
    Cork +4 8/11
    Mon/ Tyrone over 1.5 goals 4/6

€15 paying €250

• Advertisement

Boyles now 8/13 for under 32.5 points - ;), hopefully too late for them

Radonman wrote: »
    Boyles now 8/13 for under 32.5 points - ;), hopefully too late for them

Tyrone are capable of doing a number on Monaghan in Croke park. The smaller pitches are more conducive for their bottling up game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Im on the unders also. That Boyles price is gone either way, but under 31.5 at 10/11 with 365 is better than under 32.5 at 5/6. 1 point is not worth losing that margin

Tyrone are capable of doing a number on Monaghan in Croke park. The smaller pitches are more conducive for their bottling up game.

Tyrone may well win, but there's no chance they'll do a number on them. Monaghan's defence is doing well so far and I don't think Tyrone's attack looks particularly dangerous. It'll be a low scoring game either way.

And the whole thing about Croke Park being bigger than anywhere else is a total myth, check the dimensions. Barely any difference between it and Clones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Wowzer ,19/10 about Monaghan winning I think the bookies have got this wrong, really fancy Monaghan today. Going to take Monaghan and Dublin -3 in a double for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Wowzer ,19/10 about Monaghan winning I think the bookies have got this wrong, really fancy Monaghan today. Going to take Monaghan and Dublin -3 in a double for the day.

2/1 hills had it up last night i think, yeah id av it much closer prob price it

tyrone 10/11 draw 15/2 Monaghan 23/20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

manafana wrote: »
    2/1 hills had it up last night i think, yeah id av it much closer prob price it

tyrone 10/11 draw 15/2 Monaghan 23/20

to be honest i would have Monaghan favourites, if Donegal were playing Tyrone they would be 4/6 favourites i'd have monaghan the same price to be honest

Fuk sake ref must have the overs in the Monaghan / Tyrone

Just saw Paddys had Monaghan 15/8 when trailing 0-9 to 0-8 even though they were a man up.
    Crazy odds, dropped to 11/10 when they drew level there which is still very high for a team a man up.

Took the Monaghan(15/8) earlier in a double with over 37.5 in the next game.

• Advertisement

Wow that turned quick, two points for Tyrone and a red for Monaghan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement