Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

well tyrone had plenty wides too monaghan not liking how many chances they can create. really should been 2nd red for tyrone their as bad a professional foul as you will ever see.

manafana wrote: »
    well tyrone had plenty wides too monaghan not liking how many chances they can create. really should been 2nd red for tyrone their as bad a professional foul as you will ever see.

Monaghan should have had a goal that time from the messed up clearance, with a 2 point lead and an extra man they could have pushed on.

I swear I keep saying, lads who blast goal chances seldom score. Can think of some many examples from the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Monaghan should have had a goal that time from the messed up clearance, with a 2 point lead and an extra man they could have pushed on.

I swear I keep saying, lads who blast goal chances seldom score. Can think of some many examples from the past few weeks.

if we get unders in we will be very lucky, got some nice pices on unders goals thou so that miss not the worse thing for me betting wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Radonman wrote: »
    Fuk sake ref must have the overs in the Monaghan / Tyrone

After 10 mins I thought this bet was a loser.

Thanks whoever tipped it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Was just getting on to tip this bet :D- Great bet imo, Monaghan games are averaging just 20.66 pts per game in the championship and Tyrone (excluding the Offaly hammering:rolleyes:) are averaging 26.50 pts per game. I really expected this line to be in the region of 25 / 25 pts - Paddys line is 30.5, Ladbrokes are 31.5, Monaghan game v Donegal was 0-13 to 0-7 and i expect more of the same with Mohaghan taking the Donegal defensive tactics to a new level - Boyles def have this wrong and its my biggest GAA bet of the year
    Also a small bet on no goals @ 5/1 with Ladbrokes :D - There has only been one goal in Monaghan's 3 championship games and Tyrone have only scored 2 in 5

Boom, shake shake shake the room :pac: Was seriously concerned after 10mins and even at half time considered laying it off @ over 28.5 with Paddys but once the sending off happened the game transformed into a battle - now i know there was a few goal chances but imo they were offset by some savage point scoring, to use a soccer term Joe McMahon and Sean Cavanagh hit some worldies:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Dublin v cork total points still under 36.5 points. Only 11 scored nearly half tome

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

sboyle01 wrote: »
    Boyle's have gone quite high on the total in the Monghan v Tyrone match. Under 32.5 is 5/6. Monaghan should approach this game like they did against Donegal and keep things tight.

Also on PP Dublin are 10/11 for HT/FT which seems good value.

Good day. Both came in. Going to avoid betting on the Mayo/Donegal game but I like the look of Kerry to win both halves at 4/5 on PP tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »
    Great shout there with the unders points for the Monaghan-Tyrone game, that really is lump material.

A few other bets I'm looking at in that game:

No Tyrone goals 6/4 - Monaghan haven't conceded a goal in this year's championship yet. Indeed I don't think the keeper even had to make a save against Donegal.

P Donaghy under 0.5 points 13/8 - scored a fantastic long range point against Donegal, but unless he repeats that it's hard to see him scoring here. Will be playing most of his game between the 45's going for the breaks and being involved in the link up play.

O Lennon under 0.5 points 4/5 - He rarely takes a shot, nevermind scores.

Along with the unders I make that 4/4, great day! :D

Well I did back Monaghan at 2/1 earlier in the week aswell as I thought that was a big price for them so 4/5 really, but in good profit from that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Along with the unders I make that 4/4, great day! :D

Well I did back Monaghan at 2/1 earlier in the week aswell as I thought that was a big price for them so 4/5 really, but in good profit from that match.

Well done. Tyrone have been operating in about 3rd gear in the qualifiers, but are managing wins of about 2 points. They'll need to up it from here.

Mayo -1 looks good today, Donegal look tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Great shout there with the unders points for the Monaghan-Tyrone game, that really is lump material.

A few other bets I'm looking at in that game:

No Tyrone goals 6/4 - Monaghan haven't conceded a goal in this year's championship yet. Indeed I don't think the keeper even had to make a save against Donegal.

P Donaghy under 0.5 points 13/8 - scored a fantastic long range point against Donegal, but unless he repeats that it's hard to see him scoring here. Will be playing most of his game between the 45's going for the breaks and being involved in the link up play.

O Lennon under 0.5 points 4/5 - He rarely takes a shot, nevermind scores.

I put those two bets on. Great tips, keep them coming. Also had Michael Dara McAuley over 0.5 points at 7/4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Kerry over 1.5 goals at 13/8?
    I think Kerry will be out to put Cavan away as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

hupskip wrote: »
    Kerry over 1.5 goals at 13/8?
    I think Kerry will be out to put Cavan away as soon as possible.

I'd agree that's a good bet

Donaghy to score in both halves 5/2

Good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

In play bet Kerry game goals over 1.5 11/10

Half way there!

magherakid wrote: »
    In play bet Kerry game goals over 1.5 11/10

Kerry don't need goals. I'd avoid that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Mayo / Donegal game - D Vaughan anytime yellow @ 11/10, hes a cynical center back for Mayo and made a lot of money for me last year when his odds were nearly always 2/1 but they have noticed him now. Should be loads of yellows in this given the build up to the game so hopefully Vaughan will oblige.

Also taken Kerry exactly 1 goal @ 9/5

Sh!te, Donaghy subbed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought Kerry -5 was gone when cavan got the free at the end - only for them to blow it wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Oh thank God that cavan player didnt just kick a free in the last minute there..handicap was -5.5pts and I was on Kerry! The big half time lead just kept slipping throughout that 2nd half.

Decided to back Kerry to win both halves instead of Kerry -5, bad decision!

Need to find a good bet in this next match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Joekers

Donegal by 1-3 points 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Had an in-depth write-up done there but it disappeared:mad: and not typing it again so here's my bets for the weekend.

Backed Monaghan +3 after the draw at 8/11, not as confident now tho (hopefully i'm wrong). The Tyrone to qualify at a standout 1/2 with Boyles would probably have be my bet today had i not backed early.

Bet of the weekend is Kerry -4 at 8/11 with pp. Ill be lumping this.

Dublin/ Cork too tight in the handicaps for me
    Mayo should account for Donegal

An accum just for fun
    Kerry -6 11/10
    Mayo -3 7/4
    Cork +4 8/11
    Mon/ Tyrone over 1.5 goals 4/6

€15 paying €250

Main bets in. Nice weekends work. Fancy Mayo to take out Donegal but not confident enough to pull the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Joekers wrote: »
    Donegal by 1-3 points 3/1

Terrible really when you can get almost 2/1 on them to win at all on Betfair.

How will Dublin Kerry be priced lads? 1/2 Dublin or so??

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Terrible really when you can get almost 2/1 on them to win at all on Betfair.

How will Dublin Kerry be priced lads? 1/2 Dublin or so??

4/9 Dublin 10/1 Draw 2/1 Kerry up on pp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

4/9 Dublin 10/1 Draw 2/1 Kerry up on pp

Hard to pass that up.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hard to pass that up.

For me, it's quite easy to pass it up!!

For me, it's quite easy to pass it up!!

Kerry showed in the first half today and the first half of the munster final what they can do. They will relish playing the dubs and will put in extra effort for the 70mins- as they always do. I expect it to be a tight game, but 2/1 is very good value.
    It's not that often you will get that price for a Kerry team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

A better question is price a Dublin Mayo All Ireland final! Both teams are looking so very impressive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement