Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

2 Waterford shc semis on this weekend, these are hard to call but a fancy De La Salle and Lismore

Ballygunner 8/13 v Lismore 11/8
    I was at last years county final when it was a draw, and Lismore left it behind them that day i felt. They were 6 or 7 up but left in a soft goal and Ballygunner came back into it, and went on to win the replay. Since then Ballyguner have had former county stars Fergal Hartley and Paul Flynn retire, and thier experience will be missed in a tight game like this. Ballygunner have been impressive all year but in the quarter final vs Mount Sion 2 weeks ago, in which they won by 6 pts, Mt Sion clocked up alot of wides and were unlucky. Lismore beat very good Ballyduff Upper team 2 weeks ago by 5 points and have hit form at the right time. They will be out so set things right tommoro. This will be a tight game but i fancy Lismore to sneak it

De La Salle 2/5 v Passage 2/1

I checked the odds the other day and DLS were 4/7, now there 2/5. Seems alot fancy them, I do aswell, but Passage are a dangerous opponent.Eoin Kelly will play a major part in how the game goes. He is Passages main man and if DLS keep him quiet they should win. Kelly has been banging in the goals this year. In the quarter final vs Fourmilewater 2 weeks ago, Fourmile were 4pts up after halftime but 2 eoin kelly goals in 90seconds swung the game in Passages favour. De La Salle hammered Tallow 2 weeks ago by 21 points in what many including me thought would be a close game! Tallow scored 4 points and not 1 of those was from open play in the 60mins. Id expect De La Salle to have a plan to curb the threat of Passages full forward line and win this but again it will be a close game i feel.

Like the look of Sars and De La Salle in that treble wouldnt know anything about Ballymartle. Ballyhale 2/7 in Kilkenny should win aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

storykid wrote: »
    2 Waterford shc semis on this weekend, these are hard to call but a fancy De La Salle and Lismore

Ballygunner 8/13 v Lismore 11/8
    I was at last years county final when it was a draw, and Lismore left it behind them that day i felt. They were 6 or 7 up but left in a soft goal and Ballygunner came back into it, and went on to win the replay. Since then Ballyguner have had former county stars Fergal Hartley and Paul Flynn retire, and thier experience will be missed in a tight game like this. Ballygunner have been impressive all year but in the quarter final vs Mount Sion 2 weeks ago, in which they won by 6 pts, Mt Sion clocked up alot of wides and were unlucky. Lismore beat very good Ballyduff Upper team 2 weeks ago by 5 points and have hit form at the right time. They will be out so set things right tommoro. This will be a tight game but i fancy Lismore to sneak it

De La Salle 2/5 v Passage 2/1

I checked the odds the other day and DLS were 4/7, now there 2/5. Seems alot fancy them, I do aswell, but Passage are a dangerous opponent.Eoin Kelly will play a major part in how the game goes. He is Passages main man and if DLS keep him quiet they should win. Kelly has been banging in the goals this year. In the quarter final vs Fourmilewater 2 weeks ago, Fourmile were 4pts up after halftime but 2 eoin kelly goals in 90seconds swung the game in Passages favour. De La Salle hammered Tallow 2 weeks ago by 21 points in what many including me thought would be a close game! Tallow scored 4 points and not 1 of those was from open play in the 60mins. Id expect De La Salle to have a plan to curb the threat of Passages full forward line and win this but again it will be a close game i feel.

Like the look of Sars and De La Salle in that treble wouldnt know anything about Ballymartle. Ballyhale 2/7 in Kilkenny should win aswell

I'd have to agree with the above.

Think Lismore are great value for their price. Although they are missing Dave Bennett, Gunners will be missing Paul Flynn and Andy Maloney from last year, and Fergal Hartley and Wayne Hutchinson will be out injured.

Heard Tomas Mul has the Lismore lads in decent shape, and they beat favourites Ballyduff Upper by a good score last weekend.

Gunners are cleaning up underage again this year but they will be soft up the middle against a weathered Lismore side.

Also, game on in Dungarvan which will suit the Lismore lads. Whenever they come in to the city, they seem to sh!t themselves, but up west, they are tough to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Good write-ups lads, i wont have anymore previews until the connaught club championship begins.

Think i'll go with Sars, ballyhale, Carrickshock.

And an accumulator of Sars, ballyhale, Carrickshock, DLS, Nobber (celebrity banisteoir match, brian farrell to score 10+ pts again)

DLS 2-20 Passage 2-5
    Eoin Kelly on the scoresheet but from what i heard DLS were impressive and went on to a convincing win

Lismore 1-17 Ballygunner 1-17
    Ballygunner were 5 up with 10 to go Lismore get a goal and come back into it, and in the last minute of injury time miss a great chance in front of goal to win the game, wasnt at it myself but friend of mine told me he thinks Ballygunner will win the replay from what he saw

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

is it true portumna lost :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

SD1990 wrote: »
    opinions on this weekends games?

I fancy a treble of

De la Salle vs Passage
    Sars vs Glen Rovers
    Ballymartle vs Tracton

good call, Sars just pulled through in the end to win by 2pts and ballymartle won by 6, was down to 1pt with a few mins to go but the pulled away.

yes it was but i selfishly put in portumna aswell and there was no need and im sure they lost and they were 1/12

FMMMMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conamara

Portumna did'nt lose. Was a draw, they were a point down in injury time and scored a late controversial free to level it!!

They still lost in my eyes :( akthough thats different to what i heard. Thanks

One has to question why added in Portumna @1/12 which i think they were... Anyways Ballyhale lost in kilkenny so i guess we're both losers this week. :P

• Advertisement

Nothing i really fancy today, might put a 10/20 on ballygunnar @ 8/11

However there is a few big games tomorrow that i'll be going biggish on.

(1) St. James v An Spideal
    (2) Rathvilly v Old leighin
    (3) Crokes v Stacks
    (4) Kilmacud v St.Brigids

Will pick a double out of those 4 teams

2 Premier Intermediate Football games in Cork this weekend. This grade is unbelievably tight and I would reccommend 2 sinlgeson draws at 7/1 in each game
    St Vincents v Clyda 8/13 draw 7/1 6/4
    Newcestown v Mallow 8/13 draw 7/1 6/4

I would be shocked if there was more than 2 points either way in these so that is how tight they are.

Macroom play Killdorrey in the Intermediate A championship final, 4/7 draw 7/1 6/4. Macroom have been favourites in this grade for a few years and I expect them to come through here. They have a lot of good young players, a lot of cork u21 and minor experience and are at an age now that they should be coming through after being so good at u21 and minor levels for the last 5/6 years. They have fintan gould cork senior and 2 others who train with cork seniors but not quite on the panel. Apparently their training and attitude is right this year so I expect them to come through.

Killdorrey are a funny team who can score a bagful of goals in a game but I think they are well marked out for this and any team playing them knows stop them scoring goals and they will not score more than 6/7 points. They have a free taker who insists on kicking everything and anything and will score a sideline from 45 out but then miss 5 in row from in front of the goal after that. They have some very average players and lost some of their better players to travel and emmigration and have avery weak bench. Macroom by 5pts for me and represent value at 4/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Coolderry HT/FT 10/11 with PP in the offaly senior hurling final is definetly value! Coolderry have been by far and away the best team in offaly this year whereas tullamore have been lucky to get where they are with a very mediocre team and some very bad refereeing decisions in the semi final. But saying that nobody gave them much of a chance last year of winning the county title but they did but they didnt meet coolderry in that run and ive a funny feeling their luck will run out tomorrow. I wouldnt be surprised if this was a very one sided final. Coolderry beat kinnity very easily in the semi finals, (kinnity would be ranked as the 3rd or 4th best team in offaly).

glanman wrote: »
    2 Premier Intermediate Football games in Cork this weekend. This grade is unbelievably tight and I would reccommend 2 sinlgeson draws at 7/1 in each game
    St Vincents v Clyda 8/13 draw 7/1 6/4
    Newcestown v Mallow 8/13 draw 7/1 6/4

I would be shocked if there was more than 2 points either way in these so that is how tight they are.

great call with the st vincents clyda match

The county senior football final in waterford tomorro

Stradbally evens v Ballinacourty evens Draw 13/2. This game aswell will be very tight and a draw is a real possibility, id be surprised if there was more than 2/3 points between these 2,Champions Stradbally are tried and tested at this level but many are tipping on form Ballinacourty to shade this one having been impressive so far this year. These 2 neighbouring clubs have a fierce rivalry and i can see it being very close, ill be backing the draw here.

Ballygunner beat Lismore in their SHC semi final replay, it was close all game but Ballygunner pulled away well in the end

Couldnt get on earlier and was goin to back Portuma but heard they lost their replay! big shock there if what i heard is true!

They did indeed lose. Were lucky not to be embarrased to. Only lost by 2 points in the end. Still a shocking result. Had the sense not to touch them this week tho!

Fancy Kilmacud today. Maybe a double with Thurles Sarsfields

Yeah Kilmacud should have too much experience and power for Brigids.

I've gone for treble of

(1) St. James v An Spideal @1/3
    I see this as a foregone conclusion. James have been knocking on the door over the past few years including a defeat in the final last year (a game they should have won). People in galway consider them a senior standard club as they regularly beat top teams in the sweeney cup. Also they have two star players in paul conroy (galway midfielder/half forward) and galway corner forward eoin concannon who did alright in his first season with the galway senior team.

An Spideal are a battle-hardened team typical of the connemara region. They'll fight for everything but I feel they dont have the football to compete with the city team. They only won the junior last year to progress to intermediate so it's an achievement in itself to reach the final but St. James' are the big boys at this level and it's theres to lose today.

Verdict: St. James by 3/4 pts

(2) Macroom v Kildorrey @4/7
    Glanman's selection, he's been spot on in the past.

(3) Kilmacud Crokes v St. Brigids @2/5

€20 returns €58.67

Also done an accy with same teams and coolderry, dr. crokes, st.brigids(roscommon), rathvilly.

Sir Vival wrote: »

I herd off a galway man a few weeks ago that St James are a good side and that its theirs to lose basically.

Going to put them in an accum with a few other teams
    Like the look for Clonoulty and Thurles Sarsfields in Tipp, they are both expected to come through but this is goin on second hand info
    Cratloe at 4/7 in Clare aswell sounds good.

macroom won by 2 points, 1-9 to 10pts, goal from penalty after keeper saved it, rebound put in. Very tight, Killdorrey missed a penalty in the last minute. The free taker I spoke of in fairness scored some massive points, about 6 pts I reckon, but missed the penalty.

great stuff :) anyone know if thurles won or whats the latest?

hasnt started yet nevermind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

coolderry beat tullamore 3-15 to 1-12

did st james win ?

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Yeah Kilmacud should have too much experience and power for Brigids.

I've gone for treble of

I see this as a foregone conclusion. James have been knocking on the door over the past few years including a defeat in the final last year (a game they should have won). People in galway consider them a senior standard club as they regularly beat top teams in the sweeney cup. Also they have two star players in paul conroy (galway midfielder/half forward) and galway corner forward eoin concannon who did alright in his first season with the galway senior team.

An Spideal are a battle-hardened team typical of the connemara region. They'll fight for everything but I feel they dont have the football to compete with the city team. They only won the junior last year to progress to intermediate so it's an achievement in itself to reach the final but St. James' are the big boys at this level and it's theres to lose today.

Verdict: St. James by 3/4 pts

(2) Macroom v Kildorrey @4/7
    Glanman's selection, he's been spot on in the past.

(3) Kilmacud Crokes v St. Brigids @2/5

€20 returns €58.67

Also done an accy with same teams and coolderry, dr. crokes, st.brigids(roscommon), rathvilly.

Main bet wins. St. James 0-9 An Spideal 0-7.

One team let my 38/1 accy down. Rathvilly 0-7 Old Leighin 0-7. That's twice now they've let me down. I think i've learned my lesson now.

Anyways thanks for the tips guys, great work again this week.
    coolderry beat tullamore 3-15 to 1-12

Great call again dotsflan.

Just heard the connaught senior quarter final result. St.Brigids 0-21 Eastern harps 0-4. Next up for Brigids is the leitrim winners.

Until next weekend, G'luck.

great stuff :) my bet came in to :) thurles left it very late ! last minute goal ! need that sort of luck sometimes :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

For next season or whatever ye should all keep a running profit of your own selections, it's a wonderful thread and constantly producing winners. Well done lads.

lads waiting for st james to settle for my accum to be paid. Rang paddy power about it. They said they have no proof of them winning yet so cant settle it just now. Do you know where i could find proof? tired sportsnewsireland not there?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

result isnt posted there yet. Thanks though

found proof at www.galwaygaa.ie

sent it on to them

will that be enough to settle ?

• Advertisement

For next season or whatever ye should all keep a running profit of your own selections, it's a wonderful thread and constantly producing winners. Well done lads.

Fully intend on doing this next season. Would be nice to know how much I'm up :P. Ah no in all seriousness I plan to have this thread a lot more organised next season. I started this thread late this year meaning we missed more predictable games so I really think this log could be even more successful next year.
    found proof at www.galwaygaa.ie

sent it on to them

will that be enough to settle ?

Nope I wanted to free up some profit a few weeks ago but they won't settle lesser well know club games (like the galway inter final) until monday afternoon at the earliest when the papers come out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement