Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Surely Patrick Horgan at 11/10 is a shoe in for Player of the Year?
    I don't see any other realistic options from either Limerick or Clare. Main threat would be Nash in goal IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

hupskip wrote: »
    Surely Patrick Horgan at 11/10 is a shoe in for Player of the Year?
    I don't see any other realistic options from either Limerick or Clare. Main threat would be Nash in goal IMO.

Brendan Bugler if he had two good games and Clare win the all-ireland could get it, likewise Richie McCarthy. 11/10 is kind of sh*t to be honest, if somebody else has a great game the next day he'll surely drift a bit.

Also just after seeing Jack McCaffrey is 5/4 to be Young Footballer of the Year?
    Closest rivals will be Ciaran Kilkenny who had a relatively quiet game vs Cork and Cillian O' Connor who has won it the last two years which might have a negative impact on his side.

Also just after seeing Jack McCaffrey is 5/4 to be Young Footballer of the Year?
    Closest rivals will be Ciaran Kilkenny who had a relatively quiet game vs Cork and Cillian O' Connor who has won it the last two years which might have a negative impact on his side.

McCafferey does look good, super player. Podge Collins also in the hurling I think. Hannon seems the media darling but when the judges look back on it, hes been average to date and I think Collins has been fantastic. I also think Clare will win this Sunday so that will help considerably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Player of the Year has a long way to go yet as county performance is massive. If Clare go on and win the AI then Collins, Honan and Bugler all have a big chance depending on how they fare. Likewise if Limerick go on and win the AI they will have players vying for the top. If it ended now Horgan would win but it doesnt.

• Advertisement

Gonna have a small stake on a treble this weekend:

Abbeyside (Saturday 7.30pm, Ladbrokes)
    Dungarvan (Sunday 7pm, Ladbrokes)
    Clare (Sunday 3.30 pm, Paddy Power)

Accumlated odds: 8.2/1. Gonna try and see will they have the odds in the shops as it would be easier as they are not all with the same bookie.

Abbeyside are very short priced, but both need to win to qualify and are playing bottom of their respective groups.

Neither Dungarvan nor their opponents Ballygunner have qualified. There is a link to the group table here http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/league/61337/s_h_c_group2 .

Last year Dungarvan shocked everybody when they beat Ballygunner who had their worst year in living memory. They have kicked off in simlar style this year, with only one win in 3 games coming against lowly Roanmore. In their last game, when heavily favoured v Abbeyside, they were destroyed. Played with 14 man for most of the second half, but by all accounts were well behind at that stage. They lost by 6 points, and score 3 goals in 2nd half adde time to put a serious gloss onm the scoreboard. This having beaten Abbeyside by 8 points 14 months previously.

In summary, I am expecting quite a close game that could go either way. So the 21/10 that Ladbrokes are offering on Dungarvan compared to the rest looks a bit out. Great to see so many bookies having club odds available online as well I might add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Backed Clare ht-ft @ 3-1, up the Banner

Am edging towards Clare in this one also. With the wide open spaces of Croker I feel they will have the legs on Limerick. Clare will need to be ahead at half time at least before Limerick will spring Dowling and Downes from the bench to give them a boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I can't see any good bet this weekend. Maybe a player to get sent off.

One bet I am looking at this weekend is Seamus Hickey to get under 1.5pts at 4/6.
    Hickey failed to score against Tipperary and was taken off.
    Scored a point vs Cork but the game was well over at that stage.
    Hickey isn't a noted scorer and would be more used to play in the backs. Also Limerick will spring Dowling and Downes from the bench at some stage and Hickey could be one of those to make way. Hickey also does a lot of the donkey work and usually covers back in defence.

• Advertisement

One bet I am looking at this weekend is Seamus Hickey to get under 1.5pts at 4/6.
    Hickey isn't a noted scorer and would be more used to play in the backs. Also Limerick will spring Dowling and Downes from the bench at some stage and Hickey could be one of those to make way. Hickey also does a lot of the donkey work and usually covers back in defence.

If no one can post a better bet than that, I'll stick €180 on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

downes broken toe with 3 weeks no chance of playing any part in my opinion....hickey had wide open goal chance and couldn't believe he missed it so don't like that bet as he is likely to break forward again and create so more goal chances...as a clare man have a big fear of limericks physicality and intensity for 70mins allied to their bench being very strong...hesitantly think lim will shade it... still will shout the banner all the way.. p.s.may the best team win.

Can you place first/last/anytime goalscorer bets in the shops? Assuming you can.

Have to have a small bet on Conor McGrath first goalscorer at 8/1. He has two goals so far this year, should really be more as he didn't make the most of chances against bothh Cork and Wexford. But he's getting the chances, whereas Honan doesn't get that many chances. He was injured at the start of the year and I expect him to come into his own now.

There shouldn't be many goals in this game I don't think. I think Clare are likely to strike first also on account of Limerick having only 1 goal in there two games, and also no matter what anyone says two me the fact that Limerick have only had two competitive games in excess of 17 weeks compared to Clare 4 (not counting the Laois mauling) in 11 suggests they should be sharper and out of the blocks earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Can you place first/last/anytime goalscorer bets in the shops? Assuming you can.

Have to have a small bet on Conor McGrath first goalscorer at 8/1. He has two goals so far this year, should really be more as he didn't make the most of chances against bothh Cork and Wexford. But he's getting the chances, whereas Honan doesn't get that many chances. He was injured at the start of the year and I expect him to come into his own now.

There shouldn't be many goals in this game I don't think. I think Clare are likely to strike first also on account of Limerick having only 1 goal in there two games, and also no matter what anyone says two me the fact that Limerick have only had two competitive games in excess of 17 weeks compared to Clare 4 (not counting the Laois mauling) in 11 suggests they should be sharper and out of the blocks earlier.

Yes you can get a price for any bet and place in-shop (in most of the big guns anyway, local bookie may differ)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

who is this with?

manafana wrote: »
    who is this with?

Paddy Power online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Limerick/Limerick HT/FT @ 9/4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ft9 wrote: »
    Limerick/Limerick HT/FT @ 9/4

Just took it aswell.

Edit...only got 7/4 with pp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Tony Kelly over 1.5 4/5 looks a great bet to me with boyles. Am also big on Hickey under 1.5 which surprisingly powers have held all weekend. Have seen it mentioned by good few punters on twitter so must have taken a few bets on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Just took it aswell.

Edit...only got 7/4 with pp

9/4 with Betfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hickey bet is a winner, but not the way you'd like it to happen, with the lad getting stretchered off in the 15th minute

Story with the first goal? Looked like an og to me. Does thaqt mean next goal is firstgoalscorer, or a refund, or are we just f*cked?

you lose the bet

well done who ever found the hickey bet.

Rightwing wrote: »
    you lose the bet

well done who ever found the hickey bet.

They were awaiting confirmation, not sure what the protocol is. If anyone has Honan to score a goal could they tell me has it been declared a winner?

In soccer og's don't count with regard to first goal scorer.

Don't see why it would be much different here

KevIRL wrote: »
    In soccer og's don't count with regard to first goal scorer.

Don't see why it would be much different here

So what happens then? Would the result be taken as no goalscorer?

Boylesports live help says first goalscorer reverts to the second goal if its declared an own goal which I would assume means its a loser.

So what happens then? Would the result be taken as no goalscorer?

Boylesports live help says first goalscorer reverts to the second goal if its declared an own goal which I would assume means its a loser.

Yep end result would be no goalscorer in this case

Gonna have a small stake on a treble this weekend:

Abbeyside (Saturday 7.30pm, Ladbrokes)
    Dungarvan (Sunday 7pm, Ladbrokes)
    Clare (Sunday 3.30 pm, Paddy Power)

Accumlated odds: 8.2/1. Gonna try and see will they have the odds in the shops as it would be easier as they are not all with the same bookie.

Abbeyside are very short priced, but both need to win to qualify and are playing bottom of their respective groups.

Neither Dungarvan nor their opponents Ballygunner have qualified. There is a link to the group table here http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/league/61337/s_h_c_group2 .

Last year Dungarvan shocked everybody when they beat Ballygunner who had their worst year in living memory. They have kicked off in simlar style this year, with only one win in 3 games coming against lowly Roanmore. In their last game, when heavily favoured v Abbeyside, they were destroyed. Played with 14 man for most of the second half, but by all accounts were well behind at that stage. They lost by 6 points, and score 3 goals in 2nd half adde time to put a serious gloss onm the scoreboard. This having beaten Abbeyside by 8 points 14 months previously.

In summary, I am expecting quite a close game that could go either way. So the 21/10 that Ladbrokes are offering on Dungarvan compared to the rest looks a bit out. Great to see so many bookies having club odds available online as well I might add.

Abbeyside 6-20 Roanmore 0-12 :)
    Clare 1-22 Limerick 0-18 :)
    Ballygunner 1-19 Dungarvan 2-13 :(

One out! Couple of very interesting games next weekend in the Waterford Club Championship, most notably Dungarvan v Abbeyside, Ballygunner v Passage and Fourmilewater v Ballyduff Upper. Will post thoughts later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yep end result would be no goalscorer in this case
    does this means if you backed nogoalscorer you win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

finky1 wrote: »
    does this means if you backed nogoalscorer you win

It shows Daragh Honan scoring in the replays kicked it with his foot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement