Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

It shows Daragh Honan scoring in the replays kicked it with his foot

You have a better eye than me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

You have a better eye than me :P

Ya, he kicked it in, looks more like an accidental kick,,,,but they all count.

Ok so PP have all-stars betting.

Nailed on ones to me are Nash, O'Neill, McCarthy, Bugler, Rushe, Kearney, Harnedy, Tony Kelly, Collins and Horgan

So missing a corner back, wing back, midfielder half forward and corner forward.

I thin to be honest Danny Sutcliffe is as good as nailed on and at 1/2 is a very good bet. Colin Ryan also at 8/11 given his performance yesterday looks good. Don't see value in Dotsy at 1/4, they might rejig the team and he may not get one.

Kevin Moran is 11/10, don't think he has had that good a year and can't see that Waterford are more likely to get an all star than Kilkenny. Which brings me to the main purpose of this post.

Kieran Joyce is 9/1 to win an all star which is an unreal price, and Paul Murphy is 50/1 which is possibly even more unreal. In my all-star team before yesterdays game I would have had both in it, but I feel its unlikely they will both make it. I woul give one a good chance though.

Tom Condon is way too short and I am confident he won't get one. So one of Conor O Sullivan, McInerney or Murphy for me will get one.

Half backline I think is between Donnellan, Egan and Kieran Joyce.

Also Pat Horgan is 11/10 with Boyles still. And you can do an arb between Tony Kelly 11/10 (Paddy Power) and Collins 7/4 (Boyles) as realistically there are no other contenders (you could do the same with the Senior but I'd be confident that Bugler wont win it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Warper wrote: »
    Backed Clare ht-ft @ 3-1, up the Banner

Gonna put some some of the winnings on Clare ht-ft in the final at once again 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

hupskip wrote: »
    One bet I am looking at this weekend is Seamus Hickey to get under 1.5pts at 4/6.
    Hickey failed to score against Tipperary and was taken off.
    Scored a point vs Cork but the game was well over at that stage.
    Hickey isn't a noted scorer and would be more used to play in the backs. Also Limerick will spring Dowling and Downes from the bench at some stage and Hickey could be one of those to make way. Hickey also does a lot of the donkey work and usually covers back in defence.

Unfortunate that he got injured but am confident the bet would still have come in! Pity my winnings were spent in Coppers :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Kerry to beat Dublin
    Cork to beat Clare
    Galway to beat Waterford (minor hurling)

Accumulated odds - 10-1

FTA69 wrote: »
    Kerry to beat Dublin
    Cork to beat Clare
    Galway to beat Waterford (minor hurling)

Accumulated odds - 10-1

Not sure about the minor,,,,also don't think kerry are up to much,

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Anyone know anything about the Boston Championship!!!! PP are betting on it............

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Waterford senior hurling Championship Abbeyside are great odds at 11/8 on PP to beat Dungarvan at the weekend. Snap it up as I can see support coming for them in the next few days.

shoddy14 wrote: »
    Waterford senior hurling Championship Abbeyside are great odds at 11/8 on PP to beat Dungarvan at the weekend. Snap it up as I can see support coming for them in the next few days.

Agree with you, although gonna wait til tomorrow and see if Ladbrokes or Boyles come in and compete with those odds.

• Advertisement

Agree with you, although gonna wait til tomorrow and see if Ladbrokes or Boyles come in and compete with those odds.

What's the reasoning behind this tip? I'm not disagreeing with you because I don't know enough about it

What's the reasoning behind this tip? I'm not disagreeing with you because I don't know enough about it

Abbeyside always a tough team to beat. Go by Ballinacourty in the football, have won the county championship in that as recently as two years ago. I think the physicality they have for the football helps them, similar to The Nire/Fourmilewater.

In terms of form, they had a bad start losing by 8 to Passage but have really come good since. Lost by just three to Mount Sion, before beating Ballygunner by six (and the Gunners got three consolation goals in injury time so that says a lot).

Last weekend they beat Roanmore by 25 points. Just learned from the Waterford thread that they have Darragh Duggan, coach of the Dungarvan colleges all ireland winning team and the Waterford u21s, coaching them.

In Richie Foley they have a current Waterford hurler, and they have Gary Hurney, Podge Hurney (who scored 5-2 at the weekend and always had the potential to cuase problems with his power and skill if his shooting improved) and John Hurney they have lads that played under Davy Fit as well. They're solid all round.

Dungarvan are a younger team, probably got the better hurlers just about but under serious pressure as well this week as if they lose they will not make the quarters. They started well in the group stages beating Ronamore by 21 points, but have since lost to Sion, drawn with Passage and were beaten comprehensively by Ballygunner even though they got two late consolation goals to put a gloss on the score. They seem a bit tired possibly, and also heard there was a bit of upheaval in the club recently. Not good to have that mid season. Admittedly I backed them to beat Ballygunner, but was expecting Ballygunner with the problems they had and their poor form over the last two years to fold.

Last year the two sides drew. It's a local derby (Abbeyside is in the town of Dungarvan) and should be a cracking match with so much at stake. Abbeyside seem to have imrpoved on last year, Dungarvan don't look to have so Abbeyside for me. Sorry if that was all a bit long winded :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Mayo ht-ft v Tyrone @ 4-6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Anyone know anything about the Boston Championship!!!! PP are betting on it............

Mac's will win it handy @ 8/15( according to my man in Boston;)) the hurling is a bit tighter even though Tipp are 3/10 Galway could pull a surprise here @ 9/4 as a lot of the Tipp players are gone home but my source is going to watch Tipp training tonight and he will update me then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

A bet I fancy in the big game this weekend is Tyrone +4 at 10/11, though it can be got at evens. In fact I'll probably wait until the weekend as the price might go out.

All the focus is on Mayo after their demolition of Donegal, and rightly so you could say. Some people are talking about how much Mayo will win by, and won't Tyrone and Mickey Harte love that. I can't remember the last time Tyrone were well beat in the championship, nevermind in an AI semi-final in Croke Park, this is where they come into their own. Like other years when they've done well, they've been slowly building momentum through the qualifiers, squeezing out wins with each game being a bit tougher each time. They just seem to know how to get over the line when the game is in the balance.

Now, Mayo is a big step up from anything they've faced so far, but Tyrone will relish the big underdog tag they have. As devastating as Mayo were against Donegal, I don't think we'll see as big a performance again from them this year. To have a chance, Tyrone will need a big improvement from their forwards, they weren't up to scratch in their last two games. But if they sort that out I'd give Tyrone every chance here. Mayo are still rightly favourites and on form you'd have to fancy them, but I don't see a big winning margin here and if they win I think it'll be close. Tyrone +4 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

shrewdness wrote: »
    A bet I fancy in the big game this weekend is Tyrone +4 at 10/11, though it can be got at evens. In fact I'll probably wait until the weekend as the price might go out.

All the focus is on Mayo after their demolition of Donegal, and rightly so you could say. Some people are talking about how much Mayo will win by, and won't Tyrone and Mickey Harte love that. I can't remember the last time Tyrone were well beat in the championship, nevermind in an AI semi-final in Croke Park, this is where they come into their own. Like other years when they've done well, they've been slowly building momentum through the qualifiers, squeezing out wins with each game being a bit tougher each time. They just seem to know how to get over the line when the game is in the balance.

Now, Mayo is a big step up from anything they've faced so far, but Tyrone will relish the big underdog tag they have. As devastating as Mayo were against Donegal, I don't think we'll see as big a performance again from them this year. To have a chance, Tyrone will need a big improvement from their forwards, they weren't up to scratch in their last two games. But if they sort that out I'd give Tyrone every chance here. Mayo are still rightly favourites and on form you'd have to fancy them, but I don't see a big winning margin here and if they win I think it'll be close. Tyrone +4 for me.

So its step up from beating team that comfortably beat Tyrone?? Riiiigghhteo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

So its step up from beating team that comfortably beat Tyrone?? Riiiigghhteo

Maybe you need to read it again.

Radonman wrote: »
    Mac's will win it handy @ 8/15( according to my man in Boston;)) the hurling is a bit tighter even though Tipp are 3/10 Galway could pull a surprise here @ 9/4 as a lot of the Tipp players are gone home but my source is going to watch Tipp training tonight and he will update me then

Good work Radonman i see the 8/15 is gone already - Connemara did beat a team with Quirke and Michael Quinlivan in it but i agree McAnespies look strong BJK was playing with shannon and a couple other county lads of note so cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

What are people's thoughts on Mayo v Monaghan Minors? or the ladies games on saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Mayo v Monaghan Minors? or the ladies games on saturday

I have only seen both teams once but was far more impressed with Mayo, they seem a much more balanced team and have more firepower IMO. I will be backing Mayo -1 in PP @ evs.

Both teams have been knocking in the goals they have both played 4 games and have recorded 21 goals between them, so I will be on the over 2.5 goals and probably the 3.5 aswell, not sure what price these are and can't check at the minute.

As with any minor's though I would'nt be going crazy they are by their very nature an unpredictable lot and this Monaghan team have shown some great resiliance and have built up a great winning run -( they won the Ulster Minor League aswell)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good work Radonman i see the 8/15 is gone already - Connemara did beat a team with Quirke and Michael Quinlivan in it but i agree McAnespies look strong BJK was playing with shannon and a couple other county lads of note so cheers

Scored 2-52 in six games he tells me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Regarding the minor game on Sunday, it's tough to call, could go either way. Obviously at minor level anything could happen and from what little I've seen of both teams it's a toss of a coin. Both teams have great firepower, and as premierstone says a bet that could be worth a go is over 3.5 goals at 3/1 in Boyles. Over 2.5 is 6/5.

Another bet that interests me is Fergal McMahon anytime goalscorer at 13/5 in PP. He has a keen eye for goal, having scored several already this year, including the decisive penalty in the Ulster Final, showing he has a cool head under pressure. If this turns out to be a bit of a shootout and goals are needed there's a good chance he'll be involved.

Don't think I've seen any good bets posted this weekend....and that's a first, sure sign season is drawing to a close.

I'm €340 up on the championship, will be donating my profits to charity at end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'll be backing Mayo in every market if that helps!

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'll be backing Mayo in every market if that helps!

Have been burnt many a time with Mayo! But yeah, they look different this season, so I'll go for the
    Mayo @ HT-FT so at 4/6. €300 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

keane2097 wrote: »
    Scored 2-52 in six games he tells me!

K, loads of money going on Macs, there now at 1/3 but it looks good and Gakway are also in to 6/4 from 9/4 and are definitely worth a small punt against Tipp due to the fact they have list a few players - regarding BJK, yup he scored that much but as you know the GAA critics are a harsh bunch and it was his man ( the corner back) who scored a goal in the semi's and BJK did not track back but by all account he did well but could have been so much better - bit like his inter county career ;)

Just on Abbeyside v Dungarvan, Abbeyside can still be got at 11/8 with William Hill. If anyone need an indication of how good a bet it is then the fact thta it started at that price with Paddy Power and they are now 10/11 favourites with Powers tells you the confidence punters have in them.

I used an £8.70 free bet on Antrim U-21 v Wexford U-21.
    Antrim was 12/1 and they got a goal early on, after the goal Paddy Power changed it to 55/1 for Antrim so I made the most of it, they won the game by 2.

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    I used an £8.70 free bet on Antrim U-21 v Wexford U-21.
    Antrim was 12/1 and they got a goal early on, after the goal Paddy Power changed it to 55/1 for Antrim so I made the most of it, they won the game by 2.

They were 12/1 before the game, and scored an early goal and drifted to 55/1? :confused:

Seems odd. 12/1 was a terrible price on this game though really as in 49 years of the u21 championship, this is the first time an ulster team has won an all ireland semi.

• Advertisement

They were 12/1 before the game, and scored an early goal and drifted to 55/1? :confused:

yes, a profit of £469.80. i'm assuming it was a mistake and was changed seconds later, technically it was a profit of £478.50 since it was a free bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement