Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    yes, a profit of £469.80. i'm assuming it was a mistake and was changed seconds later.

Withdraw immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

yes, a profit of £469.80. i'm assuming it was a mistake and was changed seconds later.

Fairplay capitalizing on it, I remember seeing earlier in the year that the Waterford minor footballers were 10/1 to beat Kerry, but 20/1 to beat Kerry DNB which made no sense. Didn't win but sure worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

the funny thing is i went to school with a few of the antrim players, little did they know they would be earning me money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

They were 12/1 before the game, and scored an early goal and drifted to 55/1? :confused:

Seems odd. 12/1 was a terrible price on this game though really as in 49 years of the u21 championship, this is the first time an ulster team has won an all ireland semi.

antrim were 7/2 at ht with ladbrokes when they looked just as good a side +17 was the handicap before game good to see anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Just saw the result on Antrim @ 12/1. What an upset.

The 17 point handicap was ridiculous though....pity none of us saw it.
    Well done Antrim,,,what a summer for hurling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

I used an £8.70 free bet on Antrim U-21 v Wexford U-21.
    Antrim was 12/1 and they got a goal early on, after the goal Paddy Power changed it to 55/1 for Antrim so I made the most of it, they won the game by 2.
    yes, a profit of £469.80. i'm assuming it was a mistake and was changed seconds later, technically it was a profit of £478.50 since it was a free bet.

I suppose a screen shot of the bet is outa the question - seeing as this is after timing an all:eek:

[IMG][/img]hiii_zps5d6a11cb.png

That was sweet - well done

Absolutely well done. I can't understand this thing of everyone having to prove things. I always take people at their word, just a shame you didn't hit the bookie harder.

i was lucky all round for it, if they hadn't sent me the free bet this morning i wouldn't have had any credit to bet with, i was lucky it was on tv as well as i wouldn't have been following it if it wasn't

• Advertisement

i was lucky all round for it, if they hadn't sent me the free bet this morning i wouldn't have had any credit to bet with, i was lucky it was on tv as well as i wouldn't have been following it if it wasn't

I don't think anyone will beat a 55/1. I wouldn't have backed it at those odds, but I would have taken the handicap.

Well done.

That Mayo minor team look like the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »
    Regarding the minor game on Sunday, it's tough to call, could go either way. Obviously at minor level anything could happen and from what little I've seen of both teams it's a toss of a coin. Both teams have great firepower, and as premierstone says a bet that could be worth a go is over 3.5 goals at 3/1 in Boyles. Over 2.5 is 6/5.

Goals galore! :D Could have been 6 or 7 in that game but we got enough!

Rightwing wrote: »
    Have been burnt many a time with Mayo! But yeah, they look different this season, so I'll go for the
    Mayo @ HT-FT so at 4/6. €300 on it.

They've done it again....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Took a nibble inplay on Mayo @2.1 just before halftime, price down to 1.53 now

shrewdness wrote: »
    Goals galore! :D Could have been 6 or 7 in that game but we got enough!

Followed you on this - thanks Shrewdness

I had £21 on an accumulator for Kerry Ladies, Cork Ladies, Mayo Minors and Mayo to win, got an £81 profit, lost out on £21 on man City loosing the soccer so it's a mixed bag and £4 on a no goals bet in the tyrone game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just on Abbeyside v Dungarvan, Abbeyside can still be got at 11/8 with William Hill. If anyone need an indication of how good a bet it is then the fact thta it started at that price with Paddy Power and they are now 10/11 favourites with Powers tells you the confidence punters have in them.

thanks for this, made a few quid in an accum with it..abbey sneaked it by a point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I have only seen both teams once but was far more impressed with Mayo, they seem a much more balanced team and have more firepower IMO. I will be backing Mayo -1 in PP @ evs.

Both teams have been knocking in the goals they have both played 4 games and have recorded 21 goals between them, so I will be on the over 2.5 goals and probably the 3.5 aswell, not sure what price these are and can't check at the minute.

As with any minor's though I would'nt be going crazy they are by their very nature an unpredictable lot and this Monaghan team have shown some great resiliance and have built up a great winning run -( they won the Ulster Minor League aswell)

And they say that Santy only comes once a year :D

And they say that Santy only comes once a year :D

You called that one spot on. 1 of the best performances I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

no luck in boston

1. North American GAA ‏@GAA_USA 6h
      Boston Senior Hurling Tipperary 2-19 Galway 3-13

Expand

2. logo_normal.pngNorth American GAA ‏@GAA_USA 6h
      Boston Finals Football Connemara Gaels 2-09 McAnespies 0-11

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone an idea about O'Connor being fit for Mayo for the final. I backed Dunne for top scorer before the Mayo - Donegal game. Think I have a chance of getting out of jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Doohamlet @ 7/4 with paddy power to beat carrickmacross Saturday night in monaghan senior championship is way too high. Carrick are the worst senior team in the county only have 2 points all year and they only got them because they where given the points when a team couldn't play..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

davedfc wrote: »
    Doohamlet @ 7/4 with paddy power to beat carrickmacross Saturday night in monaghan senior championship is way too high. Carrick are the worst senior team in the county only have 2 points all year and they only got them because they where given the points when a team couldn't play..

Any idea why they might have it priced that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

davedfc wrote: »

Lump on so?????????????????????????????????//

Don't know doohamlet had a few injuries but there pretty much all back now. There main man colin walshe county defender was injured in the ulster final but he came back and played last week. If I hear any more info towards the weekend il post up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Looks good, going to double it up with Curry (1/2) to beat Geevagh in Sligo. Should be much too good and I would have them a lot shorter.

21/10 with ladbrokes if its as good as it seems

srfc19 wrote: »
    Looks good, going to double it up with Curry (1/2) to beat Geevagh in Sligo. Should be much too good and I would have them a lot shorter.

8/13 with boyles who are better priced on both those club games

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong lads doohamlets no world beaters probably wont go any further in the championship but I think they'll beat carrick. Also whoever loses is out of the championship last chance saloon for both clubs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement