Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Doohamlet game finished a draw. A Colin Walshe goal helps force extra time. Lucky out.

worse was it was a last minute free that drew game they led going into IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Kerry/Dublin in ht/ft market @5/1 with boyles is my bet for todays match. Feel that kerry similar to tyrone last week wont have the legs to last the 70 mins with dublin and can see them being in game upto 70 min mark. kerry have shown in prevoious matches that they play great stuff in patches but can't put
    it together for full 70 mins. Therefore i think above bet is great value @ 5s and think dublin will be happy to be within touching distance of them coming into final quarter before they empty their bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Well done with Momaghan ladies bet, back to a winner. Up to €80.

My bet for today, dub v Kerry, over 36.5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Great win by Tyrone, showed real guts and bottle when that game was in the balance. Roscommon may have been the better team overall but Tyrone have the know how built into them for these sort of games. I did think they were a big price.

Rightwing wrote: »

This 1 was never in doubt. I expect the final to also be a high scoring game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

I was considering betting on no goals in the dublin v kerry game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

In fairness when I saw that I thought you were hoping for a lot. It was a pretty exceptional game, but at the same time great pick.

If Ballinacourty are still available at the 11/4 they were being touted at with Boylesports before this weekends games.

They have been cleaning up so far and they will be expected to lose the hurling in the next round which will mean no distractions. Think they should be favourites ahead of both Stradbally and The Nire.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

If Ballinacourty are still available at the 11/4 they were being touted at with Boylesports before this weekends games.

They have been cleaning up so far and they will be expected to lose the hurling in the next round which will mean no distractions. Think they should be favourites ahead of both Stradbally and The Nire.
    Agree with you completely. They seem to have a panel of players 21/22 players who are well capable of playing at the highest standard of club football whilst Stradbally and the Nire(seem out of sorts this year) don't seem to have as much impact off the bench. I would only put them slightly ahead of Strabally though as they breezed through their group aswell and have consistently upped their game for the latter stages year on year

shoddy14 wrote: »
    Agree with you completely. They seem to have a panel of players 21/22 players who are well capable of playing at the highest standard of club football whilst Stradbally and the Nire(seem out of sorts this year) don't seem to have as much impact off the bench. I would only put them slightly ahead of Strabally though as they breezed through their group aswell and have consistently upped their game for the latter stages year on year

In fairness the Nire have had only half a team all year. They seem to be gettin everyone back now which will help, but I think Fourmile will beat Abbeyside so that will help the footballers and possibly hinder the Nire.

I just feel that given the strength of Ballinacourty they are the value bet at that price, if it remains that way (to anyone that may not know, Im talking about Ballinacourty to win the Waterford Football Champ, they basically have a walkover against St Saviours in the quarters and have been impressive so far this year).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PP go 7/4 on a red card in Sunday's senior final, worth a small bet imo given this years number of reds and the pressure on for consistency

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

KevIRL wrote: »
    PP go 7/4 on a red card in Sunday's senior final, worth a small bet imo given this years number of reds and the pressure on for consistency

Yeah, saw that, but my thinking is the ref will be under pressure Not to send someone off as it could ruin the final - as the other sending offs did in the other games ( Hoggies and Shefflin's were recinded aswell I think, adding more pressure to only send someone off it is Blatant). ( if it does happen, hope it's a Clare man sees red though:pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Think its a poor price myself considering what has happened this year so far especially the red cards been rescinded, now if you could get 7/4 in two weeks time for the football that would be a bet!

Think its a poor price myself considering what has happened this year so far especially the red cards been rescinded, now if you could get 7/4 in two weeks time for the football that would be a bet!

I agree, it's a terrible price. A good bet maybe no goal to be scored. Both teams seem to be content to shoot from distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

I agree, it's a terrible price. A good bet maybe no goal to be scored. Both teams seem to be content to shoot from distance.

i havent done much research on the no goals bet,but it looks good at 12/1 on will hill. i think cork have scored 1 and conceded 1,clare have scored and conceded quite a few i think,but when they met earlier there was no goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

No goal is 10-1 which is good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Couldn't back it personally after getting 20/1 on the same bet in the match between the sides earlier in the year. Wouldn't put anyone off though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Couldn't back it personally after getting 20/1 on the same bet in the match between the sides earlier in the year. Wouldn't put anyone off though

That was when there was only one game played by Clare and none by Cork so not really relevant. Clare scored a goal as well against Waterford so the 20-1 was just lucky in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Warper wrote: »
    That was when there was only one game played by Clare and none by Cork so not really relevant. Clare scored a goal as well against Waterford so the 20-1 was just lucky in fairness

Surely any bet is 'just lucky' then so?:confused:

It's not like I thought there would be no goals. Just that 20/1 was too big a price, i.e the chance was greater than 5%. I'd price no goals in any average hurling game at 12/1 - 14/1 or so, which is why I backed that 20/1 and why i'd leave that 10/1 on Sunday alone. I see nothing major from either side this year as to why the price should be majorly bigger or shorter than normal

How do these two comments make sense? :confused:

10/1 is a good price when 20/1 between the same teams didn't seem that way to you?

10/1 is about the lowest price I have heard of this year for no goals in a game of hurling, I think it is an awful price. Especially given Clare should have had 3 goals that day against Cork on a smaller field with less space.

There won't be a lot of goals, but in the 6 games Clare have played in the championship, they've scored a goal in 5. Cork didn't score goals in Munster but that was in the gaelic grounds which held three games and only one goal.

Croke park has seen 3 in 2 games. The way I see it, the only game that Cork have played this year was their most recent and it was in the same stadium. For that reason, while 20/1 was a ridiculously good price and still would be, I think at a normal 14/1 this bet probably wouldn't even be grat it would be about right. But it sucks at 10/1.

If under 2.5 goals is around 10/11 though that would definitely be worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

should Nemo Rangers beat Douglas tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I fancy all the favourites in the Limerick football championship tomorrow- Monaleen, St. Kieran's, Fr. Casey's, St. Pat's, Ballysteen and Drom/Broadford.

In particular, Monaleen against Newcastlewest, who seem to be in complete disarray looks like an absolute banker. I'm going to put an accumulator on all 6, but there'll be at least one surprise, so I might have a smaller one aswell...which will definitely include Monaleen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    should Nemo Rangers beat Douglas tomorrow?

I reckon this is going to be a close game. Douglas are a fine footballing team while Nemo are not the team they were years ago - no bet for me as I think if I had to I'd bet on douglas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Surely any bet is 'just lucky' then so?:confused:

It's not like I thought there would be no goals. Just that 20/1 was too big a price, i.e the chance was greater than 5%. I'd price no goals in any average hurling game at 12/1 - 14/1 or so, which is why I backed that 20/1 and why i'd leave that 10/1 on Sunday alone. I see nothing major from either side this year as to why the price should be majorly bigger or shorter than normal
    How do these two comments make sense? :confused:

10/1 is a good price when 20/1 between the same teams didn't seem that way to you?

10/1 is about the lowest price I have heard of this year for no goals in a game of hurling, I think it is an awful price. Especially given Clare should have had 3 goals that day against Cork on a smaller field with less space.

There won't be a lot of goals, but in the 6 games Clare have played in the championship, they've scored a goal in 5. Cork didn't score goals in Munster but that was in the gaelic grounds which held three games and only one goal.

Croke park has seen 3 in 2 games. The way I see it, the only game that Cork have played this year was their most recent and it was in the same stadium. For that reason, while 20/1 was a ridiculously good price and still would be, I think at a normal 14/1 this bet probably wouldn't even be grat it would be about right. But it sucks at 10/1.

If under 2.5 goals is around 10/11 though that would definitely be worth a go.

In the last 196 championship games, there have been no goals 8 times. (Once every 24.5 games)

In the 81 of those games where the winning margin was 5 or less, there have been no goals 3 times. (Once every 27 games)

So, on average, I would have it at somewhere in the mid 20's to 1. 10/1 just because it happened earlier in the summer doesn't necessarily rank as good value.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    In the last 196 championship games, there have been no goals 8 times. (Once every 24.5 games)

In the 81 of those games where the winning margin was 5 or less, there have been no goals 3 times. (Once every 27 games)

So, on average, I would have it at somewhere in the mid 20's to 1. 10/1 just because it happened earlier in the summer doesn't necessarily rank as good value.

I expect there to be a goal, but would be willing to bet that this year has been an unusually quiet year on the goals front. Not going to guess how high up it ranks but even in the history of the championship I'd say it must be well up their on average.

Teams are setup more defensively. But some good stats their, very rare nobody scores a goal and again think there will be one this weekend.

Will there be three? I think probably not, currentyl under 2.5 is best at 5/6 but reckon it's one to watch as I could see someone pushing the boat out a little bit more with only three books offering it right now.

I think it is very hard to look at stats for goals sometimes. I think Kerry had only conceded 1 goal all year ( waterford?) while Dublin had only let in I think - and yet goals galore in that 1. Might go with 3 or more for Sunday.

No price on pp for over/under Waterford goals for Sundays match :( even though there is for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

No price on pp for over/under Waterford goals for Sundays match :( even though there is for Galway

Plenty of other bookies;)

Waterford minors are 5/6 with PP to score over 1.5 goals.

They have played 6 games in this years championship and have failed to hit this target only once - in their first game v Tipp. In total over the 6 games they have scored 18 goals and absolutely love raising that green flag.

Scoring record to date

v Tipp 1-15
    v Clare 4-18
    v Cork 3-19
    v Limerick 2-19
    v Limerick 4-8 (replay)
    v Antrim 4-20
    Plenty of other bookies;)

Boyles go an excellent 5/4 on Waterford minors to score more than 1.5 goals on Sunday. Further to my post before the semi final they once again beat the 1.5 goals in the game against Kilkenny, and had the 2 goals in the first 15 mins

Snaffle a max bet please

EDIT - already into 6/5, but still plenty value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

5/4 with boyles over 1.5 Waterford goals looks a value price. They've had a keen eye for goal all year which has been hi lited on this thread earlier in the year.
    As can see below have hit 20 goals in 7 games and come up trumps 6 times out of 7.

v Tipp 1-15
    v Clare 4-18
    v Cork 3-19
    v Limerick 2-19
    v Limerick 4-8
    v Antrim 4-20
    v Kilkenny 2- 12

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement