Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Limerick hurling semi-finals tomorrow...

Kilmallock V Na Piarsaigh
    Doon V Adare

I fancy Kilmallock & Doon, taking them in an accumulator.

Doon @15/8 seems to be unbelievable value to me.....having already taken them at 8/1 e/w for the county title, I think they'll have enough to beat Adare. They've been arguably the form team, already beaten both Na Piarsaigh and Patrickswell, have a very young team. Adare did rack up a very high score against Ballybrown which was very impressive, and made me rethink slightly...but I still think Doon will have enough.

Even if you don't fancy backing them, taking them at +3 @8/11 is surely worth a go.

So I go from 6/6 to 0/2 on Limerick club results. Doon +3 was the only one of those that came through..... I lost a lot of potential winnings on Doon.

But the strong weather conditions made in-game betting in both matches quite easy...... Kilmallock playing against the wind were 10 points down at half-time, the handicap rose, and they were always going to come back in the 2nd half with the wind.

Stuff like that makes GAA a lot easier to bet on than soccer imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

magherakid wrote: »
    Sorry to anyone who followed Glen drew

Never a need to apologise for information given in good faith IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Over 2.5 goals in the game on Sunday is 6-5 with B365. We know Dublin score goals as do Mayo so apart from the fact that it is a final and teams may be cagey this looks a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Sorry to anyone who followed Glen drew

I see Glen won the replay last night 3-13 0-05, i didn't bet on the game last night

Anyone know for sure what the rules for eligibility for Young Player of the Year are?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone know for sure what the rules for eligibility for Young Player of the Year are?

You have to be under 21 anyway, that's as much as I know.

You have to be under 21 anyway, that's as much as I know.

Basically I suppose I'm wanting to confirm that Cillian O'Connor is eligible?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Basically I suppose I'm wanting to confirm that Cillian O'Connor is eligible?

Well he's under 21 and they are offering bets on him. Danny Sutcliffe won young player last year and they were taking bets on him too.

Can't see why he wouldn't be eligible.

Well he's under 21 and they are offering bets on him. Danny Sutcliffe won young player last year and they were taking bets on him too.

Yeah just strange Boyles aren't offering a market on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 elarkin

Johnny Coen from Galway won it last year in the hurling actually although Sutcliffe was nominated for the award.

Very rare for a player to win it 2 years in a row. Although Cillian O Connor is going for 3 in a row this year after winning the award for the past two years. Eoin Kelly from Tipp won it back to back in his day as well.

Very hard to see O'Connor winning it again as the GAA for some reason like to spread these awards around as much as possible, even though he is having a serious season.

Jack McCaffery will probably get it as he is putting in serious performances and there is alot of talk about him at the moment. Although a big match by Cillian O'Connor in the final could see him get it. Ya have to consider Ciaran Kilkenny and Paul Mannion as well though as both players have had great years also.

As for the hurling I think it's between Podge Collins & Tony Kelly. Both are priced at 11/10 afaik. Podge deserves it more but Tony Kelly might get it as he is seen as a bigger name!! Both players are in contention for HOTY award as well. Depends on performance in replay tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Danny Sutcliffe won young player last year

No he didn't. Johnny Coen won it last year.

Think Jack McCaffrey is way too short anyway. If any of O'Connor, Kilkenny or Mannion are outstanding on Sunday they'll get it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

under 34.5 at 6/4 looks good along with no goal at 9/1. i see pp taking no odds on o connor pts match bets or totals. they dont miss a trick do they.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

any tips on clubs tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

any tips on clubs tomorrow?

Not a tip but I've had a fancy for Ardrahan for the county cup in Galway for a while now, standing in there way tomorrow are Portumna. The bookies are giving Ardrahan a 6 point head start and at 11/10 represents serious value IMO. I am going to double them up with loughrea -3 in the first of a double header in Athenry tomorrow. They play Padraig Pearses. I believe loughrea will just have too much for them and should end up winning for a finish.

The second part of the double header sees the reining all Ireland champions take on castlegar in a repeat of last years 1/4 final where the former came out winners by a margin of17points. The consensus in Galway is that castlegar are a different outfit under former county manager McIntyre this year and that they should be alot closer. PP has St Thomas priced at -6 for many on here that might represent value but this is one game I am staying away from.

I will stick to the double. Loughrea -3 and Ardrahan +6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Kevin McLoughlin is 11/10 to score over 1.5 ponits.
    anyone else think this is good price considering he takes left footed frees

Keith Higgins 11/8 anytime point scorer, surely worth a go

Loughrea despite having Maher sent off again in the closing stages held on to win by a point, they can count themselves lucky in what was a terrible game for the neutral, Padraig Pearses were made to rue all the wides they tallied during the game.

In the other game Thomas's defeated Castlegar with a goal and point scored in injury time to win by four points, Cashel kept in it by the dead ball accuracy of Farragher and the lively Kevin Brady who had a stromer in the full forward line. But ultimately Thomas's experience carried them through and although Richie Murray had to retire early due to injury it was left to the likes of David and Kenneth Burke and co to carry them through. They were given a major scare and cashel were much improved on the 17 point drubbing they received in the corresponding future last season but McIntyre's charges will be left asking themselves what else they needed to achieve victory.

Keith Higgins 11/8 anytime point scorer, surely worth a go

Boom!

Not a tip but I've had a fancy for Ardrahan for the county cup in Galway for a while now, standing in there way tomorrow are Portumna. The bookies are giving Ardrahan a 6 point head start and at 11/10 represents serious value IMO. I am going to double them up with loughrea -3 in the first of a double header in Athenry tomorrow. They play Padraig Pearses. I believe loughrea will just have too much for them and should end up winning for a finish.

The second part of the double header sees the reining all Ireland champions take on castlegar in a repeat of last years 1/4 final where the former came out winners by a margin of17points. The consensus in Galway is that castlegar are a different outfit under former county manager McIntyre this year and that they should be alot closer. PP has St Thomas priced at -6 for many on here that might represent value but this is one game I am staying away from.

I will stick to the double. Loughrea -3 and Ardrahan +6

The plus 6 came in easy and Ardrahan were unlucky to lose by just a point after having a penalty saved earlier in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I bet o connor mayo wincast yesterday with pp.Brogan scored but i didnt get refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I bet o connor mayo wincast yesterday with pp.Brogan scored but i didnt get refunded.

I thought the refund was only on anytime , first goal or scorecasts?

Strongly fancy Clare to beat Cork on Sat - BP 6-5 with Stan James

Whole host of other bets too Clare ht-ft 12-5 B365
    Tony Kelly first goal 16-1 (he takes Clare penos)
    MOTM Podge Collins 14-1 and Conor McGrath 28-1
    Clare to win by 7-9 pts 10-1
    First score Clare from a dead ball - 9-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Warper wrote: »

Good bets and prices,

Are you a clare man?

Cork will surely up there game

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Good bets and prices,

Are you a clare man?

Cork will surely up there game

I'll admit i am a Clare man so maybe i am a little biased.

Though it also means i have been following them all year and know where they are at. Clare will improve from the drawn game as well.

Warper wrote: »

I don't doubt that Clare might be the better team but do you not feel you've a lot of eggs in one basket there?

I guess if any of the last 5 bets come off your sorted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Biased Cork fan here - Clare were very good the last day, Cork were poor - Cork very nearly won......I do think that if Cork turn up/play well they will win as I don't think clare can play much better than they did the last day.

Cork ht/ft 9/4 for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Biased Cork fan here - Clare were very good the last day, Cork were poor - Cork very nearly won......I do think that if Cork turn up/play well they will win as I don't think clare can play much better than they did the last day.

Cork ht/ft 9/4 for me.
    not mad about those ht/ft bets.. especially in a 50/50 game.. much prefer to double my stake and take a view to win the match.. cork r certain to improve from the drawn game.. clare will need everything to go right on the day..i have a feeling clare wont concede those goals in that manner again and r sure to change tactics to stop that happening..overall believe this will be down to the wire yet again and almost impossible to call a winner.. from a biased clare fan.

I don't doubt that Clare might be the better team but do you not feel you've a lot of eggs in one basket there?

I guess if any of the last 5 bets come off your sorted.

Ive totally all the eggs in the one basket, lets just hope that the weather is alright as its a sh1tty day in Dublin today. The floodlights will definitely be needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Cork were poor the last day, but I put that more down to how good Clare were than Cork being off form or not performing.

I think Clare will finish the job on Saturday by 5+

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement