Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

Thinking about Harnedy to outscore John Conlon at 5/6 but not sure on this one yet
    Think ill take Brendan Bugler MOTM at 14s aswell. He's always a solid player and has a chance

As for the club games the weekend in Waterford Im taking Portlaw at 6/5 in the East Intermediate Hurling Final
    Goin with Portlaw having seen both teams in the semis. Both didn’t impress, but Dunhill less so. Keeper looked awful dodgy and they would not have won only for their main man Shane Casey up front. If Portlaw can keep him in some way under wraps they will win this. Portlaw have some very handy forwards including minor star DJ Foran. There has not been more than a puck of a ball between these 2 the previous 3 occasions they have played each other and I’m expecting a close game again here.
    I think hunger will play a big factor in such a close game. Dunhill won this very fixture by a point against Portlaw 2 years ago on the way to promotion after a 12 year absence from the top grade, but were relegated straight back down from senior last year. Portlaw haven’t been senior in nearly 10 years. They are the reigning eastern champs, but were beaten in the county final 12 months ago.
    After coming close last year they will be keen put it right so I’m siding with them to go one further this time around, beating Dunhill en route.

2 senior hurling semis and the bookies have these pretty spot on price wise

Ballygunner 1/2 vs Abbeyside 15/8
    After beating reigning champions De La Salle by 7 points after extra time in the quarters Ballygunner would be fancied here against what will be a strong Abbeyside challenge. If Ballygunner play to their best they will have just enough here but I would not be surprised if Abbeyside caused an upset so its a no bet for me.

Mt Sion 4/6 vs Passage
    I fancy Sion here by a slim margin but it really is very close to call. Passage beat Mt Sion by 3 points in the group stages, but I have a feeling Mt Sion will turn the tables here. I guess the fact Sion have over 30 SHC titles to their name compared to Passages 0 swings it but as i said itl be tight.
    Gonna have a small bet on Mt Sion winning margin 1-3 points at 3/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Who's gonna win 2mrw? Cork or Clare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Siding with Abbeyside and Clare this weekend.

Abbeyside already trounced Ballygunner, and while BG are much improved Abbeyside show no signs of letting up having obliterated Fourmile the last day. Think they are worth a go at their price.

Clare and Cork is such a difficult game to call, but going with Clare. Don't see Cork scoring 3 goals again and while they surely have more in the forwards than they showed the last day, I feel that not winning when outscoring a team by 3 goals is a sure sign your not a better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Taking a quick glance at Paddy Power odds...

11/10 on both teams to win is a nice price, I really don't think it'll be a draw again. Obviously still hard to call...but you could hedge your bets if you were so inclined. I fancy Cork, but if you were confident on Clare winning, it is a good price.

I know there were goals the last day, but I'd be tempted again by no goalscorer @10/1 and Under 1.5 Goals @3/1.

Darach Honan to outscore Luke O'Farrel 10/11... really don't fancy O'Farrell against this Clare backline.

Tony Kelly > Conor Lehane @4/7... Lehane may have scored a goal the last day, but Kelly is likely to outscore him.

Seamus Harnedy > John Conlon @5/6. Bargain price if you ask me. Harnedy was probably Cork's most impressive forward outside Horgan the last day, and he's always hard to contain. Conlon did get a couple of points the last day but doesn't tend to score much in general...Harnedy more likely to get a goal too.

Both Cork Midfielders combined > Tony Kelly @6/4... A generous price would tempt me, McLoughlin was poor the last day but if Cork are to be in with a chance, they need scores from those 2, and generally they have contributed. Kelly is class, but he is only 1 player. Very tempting.

Cian McCarthy Under 0.5 Points @6/4... not really a score-getter, obviously always a risk betting against someone to score at all, but it's a decent price.

Pa Cronin Under 1.5 Points @5/4...Got a goal the last day but was really quite poor, if he plays anything similar, may struggle to get 0-2, can't see him getting another goal. (Although the full-forward option is a possibility if Cork are stuck)

Luke O'Farrell Under 1.5 Points @evens... Paddy obviously fancy O'Farrell, but in an All-Ireland final, I really don't see him scoring at all. He is talented but has failed to impress in the Championship this year and the Clare backline are suited to marking someone like him.

John Conlon Under 1.5 Points @6/5...Failed me the last day but again, I don't see him scoring 0-2 this time.

Staying away from Nash/Horgan/Ryan Over/Unders because it's always hard to gauge how many frees there'll be and they seemed to have upped the numbers.

And finally Clare HT/Cork FT was seconds away from happening last time, would have won me quite a bit. It's 4/1 this time, and still worth a punt imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Taken Cork at 11/10 as main bet with Cork ht/ft 9/4 and a small bit on cork -4 11/4.
    Any kind of a win will do for me. I'm expecting the game to be different from the last day - as most replays are, Clare of course could still win - the glory of sport I suppose - but I really don't think they will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

any views on the 3 ladies games tomorrow?

Obviously I was completely wrong with the whole goals thing.... I really didn't expect 8 anyway :pac:

And John Conlon proved me wrong again, racking up 0-2... where I made my biggest loss.

But some of the others seemed to work out for me. Harnedy turned up trumps again, outscored Conlon.... O'Farrell didn't score, Cian McCarthy either, and Pa Cronin only got 0-1.

Honan obviously did outscore O'Farrell but didn't start in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

any views on the 3 ladies games tomorrow?

Monaghan ladies have done great this year, but Cork might be a bridge too far. Confidence is high in the camp, but alas i think Cork will lift this one.

Also i was talking to a lad in the know from Cavan today that reckons their ladies are a cracking price -3 at 1/1.

With this in mind i'm going with a double of:
    Cork to lift trophy 8/13
    Cavan win 2/5

Also Total goals over 2.5 in Cork game at 1/1 Boyles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Monaghan ladies have done great this year, but Cork might be a bridge too far. Confidence is high in the camp, but alas i think Cork will lift this one.

Also i was talking to a lad in the know from Cavan today that reckons their ladies are a cracking price -3 at 1/1.

Cork to lift trophy 8/13
    Cavan win 2/5

Monaghan, Cavan and Offaly treble.

Siding with Abbeyside and Clare this weekend.

Ok so I've already mentioned this but Abbeyside at 15/8 against Ballygunner in the Waterford club championship, are a great bet today. +3 is 4/5 with PP. This will be very close, and I actually think they will win.

The other game I would favour Mount Sion, but think I'll stay away from that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Cork to lift trophy 8/13
    Cavan win 2/5

Also Total goals over 2.5 in Cork game at 1/1 Boyles

Main bet a winner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Does anyone know if Paddypower, Boyles or any online outfit offer handicaps on local county championships. They have the match odds for the games, but I would be interested in seeing how they price up the Mayo Senior County Championships this weekend. If I request a game in yer experience will they price up a handicap market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

walshy_c wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Paddypower, Boyles or any online outfit offer handicaps on local county championships. They have the match odds for the games, but I would be interested in seeing how they price up the Mayo Senior County Championships this weekend. If I request a game in yer experience will they price up a handicap market?

They PP had handicap betting on the Galway hurling 1/4 finals 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Warper wrote: »
    Strongly fancy Clare to beat Cork on Sat - BP 6-5 with Stan James

Whole host of other bets too Clare ht-ft 12-5 B365
    Tony Kelly first goal 16-1 (he takes Clare penos)
    MOTM Podge Collins 14-1 and Conor McGrath 28-1
    Clare to win by 7-9 pts 10-1
    First score Clare from a dead ball - 9-2

Made money on Sat and came close on two long shots, i was one pt off the correct margin and if not for a superstar performance from O'Donnell McGrath would have won the MOTM, still :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

They PP had handicap betting on the Galway hurling 1/4 finals 2 weeks ago.

As they did for the games in Kerry. They won't price the spreads till friday most likely though.

They also offer in running for some games by the way.

walshy_c wrote: »

Paddy Power tend to do handicaps for the later rounds in club championships, but won't be up till later in the week as Keane said.

Saw boyles had some as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Thanks Lads

Clashmore are a good price at Evens versus Ardmore. They have beaten both Cappoquin and Stradbally who beat and drew with Ardmore respectively.

Ardmore were the least impressive I saw of the 3 teams that qualified for the knockouts from group 1, and Clashmore have good momentum and a some great talent in Tadhg Bourke, Edmond O Halloran, Darren Foley and of course Brian O Halloran.

Ardmore are no doubt a good side too, but think Clashmore should be favoured. Waterford Intermediate Championship betting on Paddy Power.

De La Salle are also 8/15 to beat John Mitchells and should do so without too much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

De La Salle are also 8/15 to beat John Mitchells and should do so without too much trouble.[/QUOTE]

DLS are surely certainties for this, they've got a few of the hurlers on board aswell now and even without them, they should beat John Mitchells.
    Fenians at 4/7 in the kk relegation final should beat Graigue, who im told would struggle at junior level in kilkenny.
    Add in Mt Leinster Rangers at 1/3 in the Carlow championship for the treble.

• Advertisement

De La Salle are also 8/15 to beat John Mitchells and should do so without too much trouble.

DLS are surely certainties for this, they've got a few of the hurlers on board aswell now and even without them, they should beat John Mitchells.
    Fenians at 4/7 in the kk relegation final should beat Graigue, who im told would struggle at junior level in kilkenny.
    Add in Mt Leinster Rangers at 1/3 in the Carlow championship for the treble.[/QUOTE]

I can't see the Fenians game on PP, when is it on?

Add in Mt Leinster Rangers at 1/3 in the Carlow championship for the treble.

I can't see the Fenians game on PP, when is it on?[/quote]

Started at haf 1, dere up by 5.

I can't see the Fenians game on PP, when is it on?

Started at haf 1, dere up by 5.[/QUOTE]

That explains it so. I fancy beagh in the handicap plus 3 against a loughrea side who were very fortunate to make the semi after a poor display against Padraig Pearses. They are there for the taking IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Clashmore are a good price at Evens versus Ardmore. They have beaten both Cappoquin and Stradbally who beat and drew with Ardmore respectively.

Ardmore were the least impressive I saw of the 3 teams that qualified for the knockouts from group 1, and Clashmore have good momentum and a some great talent in Tadhg Bourke, Edmond O Halloran, Darren Foley and of course Brian O Halloran.

Ardmore are no doubt a good side too, but think Clashmore should be favoured. Waterford Intermediate Championship betting on Paddy Power.

De La Salle were leading 3-08 to 0-08 after 20 mins of 2nd half. FT result 3-09 to 3-09!!

That was according to the DLS twitter page. I was sick, until updated an hour later to 3-09 to 0-09!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    De La Salle were leading 3-08 to 0-08 after 20 mins of 2nd half. FT result 3-09 to 3-09!!

That was according to the DLS twitter page. I was sick, until updated an hour later to 3-09 to 0-09!! ;)

ha ha me too..exact same thank god!!

RIALTO1 wrote: »

Haha, ah the trolls on the DLS twitter page, what are they like :P

Anyone know how long it takes for club game bets to be settled on Bet 365?

Don't want to tie up my money all day

UCC are 15/8 tonight against sarsfields of cork. They should have beaten them the last day and their squad has been improved since. They have an abundance of intercounty hurlers and should finish off the job tonight, they are also 5/1 for the cork championship, should they win tonight,it will shorten significantly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

UCC are 15/8 tonight against sarsfields of cork. They should have beaten them the last day and their squad has been improved since. They have an abundance of intercounty hurlers and should finish off the job tonight, they are also 5/1 for the cork championship, should they win tonight,it will shorten significantly.

Just saw that...15/8 is a savage price to be fair. Dirty old night in Cork at the minute, but I have to back them at that price - should be a close game.

• Advertisement

Not to be for UCC

Sars 2-14 v 0-09 UCC

Harnedy missing was a big blow for College.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement