Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Not to be for UCC

Sars 2-14 v 0-09 UCC

Harnedy missing was a big blow for College.

Yeh I had thought he wud b starting, got a hat trick I think d last day against sars so a massive loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I don't think they're too bothered about it to be honest. This is retrospective on my part I'll admit because I took a piece of the action, but with lads their from different counties as well I just don't think that they would feel as strongly about winning these games as they would with their own clubs.

In terms of personnel lthey have an embarassment of riches so from that perspective I think it was a good bet.

A bad day results wise, here's to finer days. Sorry for the dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

whats people thoughts on the outright betting of the all ireland club championships. Im siding with Loughgiel in the Hurling @ 4/1 and Crossmaglen in the Football @ 4/1

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    whats people thoughts on the outright betting of the all ireland club championships. Im siding with Loughgiel in the Hurling @ 4/1 and Crossmaglen in the Football @ 4/1

As far as the hurling goes I wouldn't be backing Loughgiel at that price. They will be expected to take Ulster fairly handy. Doubt their price will drop much, and even if it does I think your better off waiting until you know more about who is coming out of the other provinces.

I think the only team I might be backing now would be one of Portumna or St Thomas as whoever wins the reaply will definitely see their price slashed. Personally, think that will be Portumna.

Leinster and Munster are as ever anybodys guess. Think Tipp champions aren't going to be that strong, nor indeed will the Waterford champions. Sounds like Na Piarsaigh didn't set the world alight coming out of Limerick either. Think Sarsfields look the most likely winners of Munster at the minute.

And Leinster is a minefield as ever.

Loughgiel is my club that's why I've chosen them. I agree with u about Portumna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Have seen Kilcormac/Kiloughey in two challenge matches recently and was really impressed, I must admit I was initally under the impression that they got a bit lucky last year and the general feeling in Tipp was that they caught a star studded Thurles cold but I have changed my view of them having seen them again and they will be very hard to beat, especially with the weather starting to change, they are a very physical team, but they can hurl aswell, the 11/1 available looks great value to me.

Have seen Kilcormac/Kiloughey in two challenge matches recently and was really impressed, I must admit I was initally under the impression that they got a bit lucky last year and the general feeling in Tipp was that they caught a star studded Thurles cold but I have changed my view of them having seen them again and they will be very hard to beat, especially with the weather starting to change, they are a very physical team, but they can hurl aswell, the 11/1 available looks great value to me.

What did you make of the win at the weekend?

What did you make of the win at the weekend?

Must admit haven't seen it Mountain, my own club was playing a county semi at the same time, have it recorded though so will get around to watching it at some stage, Birr are not the outfit they were and would have been very suprised at any other result tbh.

looking at some of the betting for Saturdays hurling and like the look of Midletown @ 1/2 to beat Bishopstown, Fermoy to beat Kanturk @ 6/4 and Portumna to beat St Thomas' @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Was looking at some of the county finals this weekend and a bet that interests me in the Monaghan final is Vincent Corey anytime goalscorer at 8/1 in PP. Although he plays wingback, those odds look big to me, as normally he attacks alot - he scored 1-1 in the semi final. And if Clontibret fall behind there's every chance he will be put in at full forward, this happened in last years final and he scored 2 late goals. Again it's a bit speculative but worth a few bob at those odds imo, it's 10/3 in Ladbrokes for comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Youghal 8/13 to beat Castlelyons tonight lads is like printing money

Youghal had the tougher route to the final beating cloyne and inniscarra!

Castlelyons already lost twice this year and beat fairly average teams

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

I expect Gaeil Colmcille will easily cover the handicap of -3 against Clann Na NGael in the Meath IFC final on Sunday. I have been talking to plenty of people about this match and everyone is going for the Gaeils by a minimum of 7 or 8.

Although Clann Na Ngael have Graham Geraghty (40 years old) on board they lost former Meath captain Shane Mc Enerney to illness during the year and they will be without midfielder Jamie Shaw (suspended). They came through a weak group and went straight into a semi-final where they were fortunate enough to win. Throughout the year they have struggled in Division 3 of the league.

Gaeil Colmcille are a very good outfit managed by Jody Devine and they have serious attacking threat, they beat two of the championship favourites Ratoath and Castletown in the knock-out stages to reach the final. Their league form has also been very impressive they have recently been promoted from a very competitive Division 2 and they will play in Division 1 next year.

In a nut shell it will be a major shock if the Gaeils don't win this one by at least 5 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

I expect Gaeil Colmcille will easily cover the handicap of -3 against Clann Na NGael in the Meath IFC final on Sunday. I have been talking to plenty of people about this match and everyone is going for the Gaeils by a minimum of 7 or 8.

Although Clann Na Ngael have Graham Geraghty (40 years old) on board they lost former Meath captain Shane Mc Enerney to illness during the year and they will be without midfielder Jamie Shaw (suspended). They came through a weak group and went straight into a semi-final where they were fortunate enough to win. Throughout the year they have struggled in Division 3 of the league.

Gaeil Colmcille are a very good outfit managed by Jody Devine and they have serious attacking threat, they beat two of the championship favourites Ratoath and Castletown in the knock-out stages to reach the final. Their league form has also been very impressive they have recently been promoted from a very competitive Division 2 and they will play in Division 1 next year.

In a nut shell it will be a major shock if the Gaeils don't win this one by at least 5 points.

Well picked out, thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

lads what your views on ST JUDES V PARNELLS in the Dublin Club Football Matche on friday was given a tip by a friend who doesnt normally bet who told me to put 3 figures on St.Judes his very confident,soccer is more my thing so thought id ask her to see what ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

jebus84 wrote: »
    lads what your views on ST JUDES V PARNELLS in the Dublin Club Football Matche on friday was given a tip by a friend who doesnt normally bet who told me to put 3 figures on St.Judes his very confident,soccer is more my thing so thought id ask her to see what ye think?

I'd stay well away from that. Parnells have brought in a lot of higher profile players over the last few years who haven't quite managed to gel but they're more than capable of beating Judes. At evens, I don't think Judes are underpriced and think this could go either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

An Citeog wrote: »
    I'd stay well away from that. Parnells have brought in a lot of higher profile players over the last few years who haven't quite managed to gel but they're more than capable of beating Judes. At evens, I don't think Judes are underpriced and think this could go either way.

Having played against both teams this year i'd facy Judes . Mortimer has scored the bulk of Parnells scores this year and at this stage of the championship i cant see him scoring as much . Parnells dont have any other marquee forwards and can see them struggling to score if Mortimer is kept to a few points .

Judes have been putting in some serious training the last few months . Morning and evening sessions . Rumour has it they are flying and their performace v UCD reflects this .

A treble of Judes @ 5/6 , Vincents @ 4/11 and Brigids @ 4/11 looks very appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

An Citeog wrote: »

Judes won by 3 in the end but sounded like they were well in control for the whole game. Shows what I know anyway! Hope you ignored me Jebus!

Ballinacourty are my choice v Stradbally in the Waterford Football County final this weekend.

Liked the look of 'Courty all year and as good as Stradbally are I'm not gonna change my tone now. Too much could be made off Stradbally's emphatic win against Rinn. Think the fact that Ballinacourty disposed so comfortbaly of the Nire twice in one year deserves a lot of respect.

5/4 best price with PP and Ladbrokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

Really lookin forward to that Strad Courty game both teams have been head and shoulders above anyone else in the championship, hard to seperate them. I' taking a punt on a draw at 7/1. I remember I had the draw backed when they met in the final in 2011 and Courty won by a point in stoppage time.
    PP also have draw ht/ft at 40/1. putting something small on this for the craic.
    Can see it being a low scoring affair aswell if this miserable weather keeps up

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

jebus84 wrote: »

stayed away from it,and I put it on glenavon instead,bad start to the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I think Drom Broadford will win by 4 or 5. 1.83 on Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Ballinacourty are my choice v Stradbally in the Waterford Football County final this weekend.

Liked the look of 'Courty all year and as good as Stradbally are I'm not gonna change my tone now. Too much could be made off Stradbally's emphatic win against Rinn. Think the fact that Ballinacourty disposed so comfortbaly of the Nire twice in one year deserves a lot of respect.

It's very difficult to call but i have to fancy Stradbally as they have the experience of being in this position so many times and have a great record in county finals winning (8 out of 10) with the majority of this crop of players. Also all of Stradballys attention has been focused on football whilst Ballinacourty have had to balance both codes and may just fall short on this occasion. A small bet on the draw at 7/1 is very appealing also.

ive gone with this treble for todays hurling action.

Ballymartle +5 vs Sarsfields @ evens
    Oulart the Ballagh -3 vs Ferns St Aidans @ 6/5
    Midleton -3 vs Na Piarsaigh @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Half time in the Kerry Final and Crokes lead 1-11 to 0-6 Points - Crokes can win this by as much as they want to , taking (-8) @ 10/11 and (-9) @ 6/5 - Stacks have to come out and try to play in the second half and i fully expect Crokes to pick them off

Sweet Crokes score a goal direct from the throw in :) - probably too early for most of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Half time in the Kerry Final and Crokes lead 1-11 to 0-6 Points - Crokes can win this by as much as they want to , taking (-8) @ 10/11 and (-9) @ 6/5 - Stacks have to come out and try to play in the second half and i fully expect Crokes to pick them off

Sweet Crokes score a goal direct from the throw in :) - probably too early for most of ye

Well that was easy :D, Crokes 4-16 Stacks 0-12, Paddy deff got the line wrong at half time as Crokes were 1/8 to win the game - I'm just thanking my lucky stars that i checked it at half time:P

Ballinacourty 0-12 Stradbally 0-5

Didn't take it myself, got drawn in by the big odds on the draw. Hope some here were on.

Na Piarsaigh -1 with PP @ 10/11 is my bet for the weekend, I have followed Loughmore closely this year and they are an admirable club with a very small pick who are not only Tipp hurling champions but also they are in the Football County Final next Sunday, however that IMO will among other factors be their downfall on Sunday.

Loghmore have now been in action for 7 weeks in a row and 12 of the team that will start on Sunday (possibly 13) are involved in both starting teams, the heart may be willing but the body has to call foul at some stage! Aidan McGrath their extremly effective Wingback is also out injured for sunday, Liam Treacey is a long term injury absentee and now Eddie Connolly their captain is missing also due to a medical condition, I think these absentees will strecth them too far.

Na Piarsaigh were impressive in Limerick, although the standard in the Limerick County Final left alot to be desired, Na Piarasiagh I feel had another gear in them if required and I expect their impressive firepower upfront to see them win this comfortably enough - the three notable absentees from Loughmore I mentioned above are all backs, infact all three have represented Tipp at one level or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Boyles and Powers have priced up next week's Leinster Club game between Clara and Oulart.

Somewhat surprised to see Clara as favourites for this one. They won a poor Kilkenny championship final yesterday and will only have one week to recover (and believe me, they'll need to). They are an admirable young team but Oulart are a step up for them.

Oulart don't seem to be operating at the level of a year or so ago, but they've disposed of James Stephens & Ballyhale in this competition in recent years and both of those sides (at the time) would have been far superior to this Clara team.

Had a sizeable wager on Oulart at 6/5 with Powers. No certainties, as ever, but the price is wrong in my eyes.

Na Piarsaigh are favourites for the Munster Club title, but I'll be surprised if they win it. They really struggled over Loughmore at the weekend when all the advantages were in their favour.

They should beat Passage mind, certainly if Noel Connors is away as is being mentioned, but to be honest I fancy the winners in Cork to win it. Don't see any value in the all-ireland betting at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Boyles and Powers have priced up next week's Leinster Club game between Clara and Oulart.

Somewhat surprised to see Clara as favourites for this one. They won a poor Kilkenny championship final yesterday and will only have one week to recover (and believe me, they'll need to). They are an admirable young team but Oulart are a step up for them.

Oulart don't seem to be operating at the level of a year or so ago, but they've disposed of James Stephens & Ballyhale in this competition in recent years and both of those sides (at the time) would have been far superior to this Clara team.

Had a sizeable wager on Oulart at 6/5 with Powers. No certainties, as ever, but the price is wrong in my eyes.

Yes I agree with this, would expect Oulart to win this one. Very surprised Clara are favourites.

I think whoever is doing their hurling odds for next week is half asleep as I see Castletown Geoghan from Westmeath are favourites to beat Mount Leinster Rangers from Carlow too.

MLR like Oulart are also 6/5.

MLR are a very strong side and ran last years all Ireland finalists Kilcormac/k from Offaly very close in Leinster last year. Have won 3 Carlow titles in a row, and looked more impressive than ever when winning the county final.

I would expect them to win easily enough in Mullingar on Sunday and 6/5 looks way too big to me.

A double of MLR & Oulart will be done now before the odds fall :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement