Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

What do people think of this game??? http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/glenswilly-v-st-galls/winner
    Fancy Glenswilly myself! Bookies seem to don't know how to price it!

Thinking of doing this longshot accum aswell at roughly 55/1

Oulart-The-Ballagh
    11/10

MT Leinster Rangers
    11/10

Kanturk
    4/7

Dr Crokes
    1/7

Glenswilly
    8/5

Midleton
    13/8

Any thoughts???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

langer91 wrote: »
    What do people think of this game??? http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/glenswilly-v-st-galls/winner

Oulart-The-Ballagh
    11/10

MT Leinster Rangers
    11/10

Kanturk
    4/7

Dr Crokes
    1/7

Glenswilly
    8/5

Midleton
    13/8

Any thoughts???

I would really fancy Kanturk to win I think they are very strong. Middleton Sarsfields would be a close one, I might nearly leave that one out because it's really hard to call (then again seems you're from Cork so you might know more than me) Don't know anything about Ulster Club football only that I wouldn't back against Crossmaglen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I would be careful with hurling bet with Carlow and Westmeath champs especially as game is in Mullingar. Castletown Geoghegan have a lot of county panelists and seen to be a very good young team. Mightn't be a total certainty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Na Piarsaigh are favourites for the Munster Club title, but I'll be surprised if they win it. They really struggled over Loughmore at the weekend when all the advantages were in their favour.

They should beat Passage mind, certainly if Noel Connors is away as is being mentioned, but to be honest I fancy the winners in Cork to win it. Don't see any value in the all-ireland betting at the moment.

Agree with most of this, particularly how poor Na Piarssaigh were, we got of jail with that one, Noel McGrath did his living best to scupper it.

Personally I still think there is value in Kilcormac/Kiloughey for the AI and have a slight preference for Midelton for the Munster, although their hardest game may prove to be this weekend.

Agree with most of this, particularly how poor Na Piarssaigh were, we got of jail with that one, Noel McGrath did his living best to scupper it.

Personally I still think there is value in Kilcormac/Kiloughey for the AI and have a slight preference for Midelton for the Munster, although their hardest game may prove to be this weekend.

Yeah stuck a small bet on Midleton for Munster at 6/1. Wish I had been on them at 4/1 for Cork a while back. Thought they'd be there or thereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hard to see beyond Midleton on Sunday. They start slowly but when they get going they are scoring heavily and conceding little. Lehane is a scoring machine at the minute. Sars seem to plod along during matches - no real ability to raise their game when it matters most. A good team but at 13/8 for a Midleton win- I'm all over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Anyone know how seriously Rathnew are taking leinster? They only won the Wicklow championship last week, but surely they're value at 13/8 against Longford slashers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

expecting my own club Drom Broadford to do the business tomorrow vs ballinacourty. 100 on @ 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Under-estimate the standard of club football in Waterford at your peril.

expecting my own club Drom Broadford to do the business tomorrow vs ballinacourty. 100 on @ 2.50

I'm expecting Ballinacourty to do the business on ye, as are the bookies! Especially if yer missing yer cente back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Ballina v St Brendan's tomorrow in the intermediate championship - Ballina are great accu, builder here @ 4/11,St Brendan's won there first Kerry title for 23 years on Sunday after a replay and they have celebrated hard till Tuesday plus if rumors are correct their without 3 starters including their scorer in chief, if you can get a handicsp here take it. They played a challenge game earlier this year too and the Tippp boys hammered St Brendans - ballina are the home team too but game is on in Nenagh

Gone with a double of Ballinacourty and Middleton based on Shamo's confidence in them.

Have a lot of time for this Ballinacourty side, and it's their third title since 2007 when they made the Munster final so they will be well tuned in. Dromcollogher in fairness have represented Limerick in Munster a few times too so they won't be push overs but with home advantage as well it should suit them.

Here's Waterford teams records since 2009:

2012; Castlehaven 1-5 Stradbally 0-7
    2011; Dr Crokes 3-13 Ballinacourty 0-7
    2010; Stradbally 0-7 Doonbeg 0-4
    Nemo 1-12 Stradbally 1-5
    2009; Kilmurry-Ibrickane 0-9 Strabally 0-6

2008 we had no representatives and in 2007 and 2006 Ballinacourty and the Nire both made Munster Finals, losing them both by a goal each to Nemo and Dr Crokes.

We've been pretty well represented, a year or two before Strabally took Kilmurry to a replay in the Munster final. Think Ballinacourty are of that ilk rather than that of what they were two years ago.

I'm expecting Ballinacourty to do the business on ye, as are the bookies! Especially if yer missing yer cente back.

I know Tom is missing but I still think we have enough to get the win. We've dug out a win vs Nemo in the past with the short passing game and Im expecting more of the same tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

fancy cratloe to win tomorrow in clare.. eire og have lost some key players and haven't played a game in ages.. added to that cratloe r winning easily along the way.. conditions will level things a wee bit but if its a test of stamia/ fitness in tough conditions which I think it will be.. there can be only 1 winner.. 4/6 with boyles represents value I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Wouldn't be that confident :eek:

Drom are a good side, no doubt about that, and are better this year than last but have a horrible habit of letting teams back into games. I think they might shade it, but will be tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Clara have gotten 2 goals in quick succession in 2nd half to lead v Oulart :(

Ballinacourty beat drom by 2 points, we really left it after us. Too many wides .

KevIRL wrote: »
    Clara have gotten 2 goals in quick succession in 2nd half to lead v Oulart :(

Oulart pulled it out of the bag. Won 0-20 to 2-11

MLR 1-13 to 1-11 ahead latest too

Had the Oulart and Castleheaven +6(TG4 games) double done.

Think it's time to pack in the gambling again, so bloody infuriating.

Little midget gets in for a soft goal and then Crokes just pass the ball around in their half the final 4/5 minutes without Castleheaven getting anywhere near taking it off them.

Good save by the goalie with 1min left when naturally I wanted them to just pop it over..... felt they should have had a free with 30secs left but ref let it go before rewarding a free out.

Getting frustrated with the betting again lately, have had loads of bets sink like that to frustrating crap. Shame Crokes wouldn't give up going for scores when it was 5 :rolleyes:

Mount Leinster Rangers win 1-15 to 1-13. Quality tipping on here this week.

Midelton leading in Cork final too

• Advertisement

Oulart-The-Ballagh
    11/10

MT Leinster Rangers
    11/10

Kanturk
    4/7

Dr Crokes
    1/7

Glenswilly
    8/5

Midleton
    13/8

Any thoughts???

Oh my god man unbelievable stuff! Well done :)

Oulart-The-Ballagh
    11/10

MT Leinster Rangers
    11/10

Kanturk
    4/7

Dr Crokes
    1/7

Glenswilly
    8/5

Midleton
    13/8

Any thoughts???

Hope someone followed lads :D if anyone wants to go for pints I'll be in Midleton drinking all week :D:D:D

Gone with a double of Ballinacourty and Middleton based on Shamo's confidence in them.

Boom by the way
    Hope someone followed lads :D if anyone wants to go for pints I'll be in Midleton drinking all week :D:D:D

Are you a Middleton man, or are you just rewarding the local economy there for their part in the bet? You might need to do a bit of a tour of Ireland in that case :P

Boom by the way

Are you a Middleton man, or are you just rewarding the local economy there for their part in the bet? You might need to do a bit of a tour of Ireland in that case :P

Haha ya I'm a Midleton man alright, I'll be thanking Conor Lehane for his 2-10 :D

Haha ya I'm a Midleton man alright, I'll be thanking Conor Lehane for his 2-10 :D

Jees some day indeed, enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Was going to take Drom +4 and Midleton +2 in an accumulator, and lump a lot on, but I backed out :(

Didn't realise Oulart the Ballagh were such good odds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hard to see beyond Midleton on Sunday. They start slowly but when they get going they are scoring heavily and conceding little. Lehane is a scoring machine at the minute. Sars seem to plod along during matches - no real ability to raise their game when it matters most. A good team but at 13/8 for a Midleton win- I'm all over this.

Lovely hurling:).....Lehane getting 2-10 - on a fairly bad day for hurling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Ballina v St Brendan's tomorrow in the intermediate championship - Ballina are great accu, builder here @ 4/11,St Brendan's won there first Kerry title for 23 years on Sunday after a replay and they have celebrated hard till Tuesday plus if rumors are correct their without 3 starters including their scorer in chief, if you can get a handicsp here take it. They played a challenge game earlier this year too and the Tippp boys hammered St Brendans - ballina are the home team too but game is on in Nenagh

Ballina won 3-19 to 0-15 points - kinda went the way i thought

Did anyone get anything wrong here this weekend haha? Brilliant stuff

• Advertisement

Did anyone get anything wrong here this weekend haha? Brilliant stuff

Me!! I should have put more on my GAA bets than my soccer ones:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement