Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Me!! I should have put more on my GAA bets than my soccer ones:pac:

Ah well I meant GAA. The soccer rode us all this weekend I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Was at the Oulart/Clara match.

Oulart were the better side for large parts of the game, and to be fair to them showed composure when Clara struck for two soft enough goals in the second half. Had Clara a more hardened & experienced side they might have been able to hold out, but some of the lighter lads, particularly in the forwards, didn't have the physical strength to keep it going.

Gareth Sinnott, Des Mythen & Rory Jacob took some nice scores near the end when needed. Wouldn't be overly keen to back Oulart to beat Kilcormac but we'll see what the oddsmakers come up with.

Great tipping on here this weekend, well done to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Well done and thanks to the Oulart and MLR tips. :D

Did anyone get anything wrong here this weekend haha? Brilliant stuff

Anyone who backed the handicap in the Crokes game did(1/7 shots so I'd imagine a few had them -6 though I went the other way) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The world over

Looking at this approx 1.5/1 treble for the weekend :
    Rower Inistoige - Leinster intermediate hurling
    Naomh Olaf - Leinster Intermediate football
    Crossmaglen (-1)
    The Rower of Kilkenny are playing Celbridge of Kildare, Naomh Olaf playing Kilcormac from Offaly. Im basing my betting purely on the above clubs being from stronger counties and everyone knows what Crossmaglen are like in replays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Looking at this approx 1.5/1 treble for the weekend :
    Rower Inistoige - Leinster intermediate hurling
    Naomh Olaf - Leinster Intermediate football
    Crossmaglen (-1)
    The Rower of Kilkenny are playing Celbridge of Kildare, Naomh Olaf playing Kilcormac from Offaly. Im basing my betting purely on the above clubs being from stronger counties and everyone knows what Crossmaglen are like in replays.

Not going to put you off at all as I don't really know enough about some of the clubs involved but just a word of caution, yes indeed Kildare hurling is infinitely weaker than KK but Celbridge are actually a Senior Club and have a number of the Kildare U21 team who were impressive this year, Rower Inistoige should win as KK clubs have a good record in this competeitioon and infact Clara won the AI last yrear.

Naomg Olaf will be strong alright but never ever underestimate an Offaly Club in either code, they consistently punch abover their weight and Kilcormac are super fit from their exploits with the small ball, the question I guess is where their priorities lie, perhaps an Offaly poster can shed more light on this?

Cross are loosing players by the week and it has to catch up with them eventually, from the highlights I seen of last weeks game it was they who were fortunate, however like you say they do seem to have this incredible steel and never say die attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The world over

Thanks for that Premier, will do more research

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

Bets I am looking at closely at the moment are Summerhill v Newtown Blues in the Leinster Championship, this game is in Drogheda. Summerhill are the Meath Champions and are 6/4 outsiders, I like the look of this.

Summerhill won the championship for the second time in recent years and from what I have been hearing they are determined to give Leinster a good shot. They beat a fancied Na Fianna side (without playing their best) in the county final and they beat red hot favourites Navan O Mahonys in the semi-final, they have plenty of pace and with Conor Gillespie in midfield and a strong bench, on the above basis and the feeling that club football in Meath should be stronger than Louth, I think they can shade this and they look good value at 6/4.

I am also looking at the Munster IFC match between Josephs Milltown (Clare) and Currow (Kerry). Josephs are at home and I have been told they are the best team to win the Clare IFC in many years, only a few years ago they were actually senior champions in Clare, at 2/1 they could be worth a look especially considering that club football in Kerry is suppose to be getting weaker (with the exception of crokes!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Bets I am looking at closely at the moment are Summerhill v Newtown Blues in the Leinster Championship, this game is in Drogheda. Summerhill are the Meath Champions and are 6/4 outsiders, I like the look of this.

Summerhill won the championship for the second time in recent years and from what I have been hearing they are determined to give Leinster a good shot. They beat a fancied Na Fianna side (without playing their best) in the county final and they beat red hot favourites Navan O Mahonys in the semi-final, they have plenty of pace and with Conor Gillespie in midfield and a strong bench, on the above basis and the feeling that club football in Meath should be stronger than Louth, I think they can shade this and they look good value at 6/4.

I am also looking at the Munster IFC match between Josephs Milltown (Clare) and Currow (Kerry). Josephs are at home and I have been told they are the best team to win the Clare IFC in many years, only a few years ago they were actually senior champions in Clare, at 2/1 they could be worth a look especially considering that club football in Kerry is suppose to be getting weaker (with the exception of crokes!!)

Great stuff, both won. Thank you for the tips. Great insight.

Neither were favorites and I had both individually and a double. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

loremolis wrote: »
    Great stuff, both won. Thank you for the tips. Great insight.

Neither were favorites and I had both individually and a double. :)

I was very pleased with how this worked out...looking ahead Summerhill play St. Vincents in the Leinster semi-final in two weeks, considering that Diarmuid Connolly and Ger Brennan are both suspended for the game the odds of 5/1 being offered on Summerhill look very generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Ballinacourty 5/6 vs cratloe lump on it. Cratloes 2nd game in 24 hours will take its toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

shoddy14 wrote: »
    Ballinacourty 5/6 vs cratloe lump on it. Cratloes 2nd game in 24 hours will take its toll.

Are cratloe putting out their best team for the earlier match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

jebus84 wrote: »

It was the Clare final today! I think ballinacourty are good odds at that price but I think there's a worry that cratloe will feel hard done by at having to turn out again tomorrow and will raise their game to new levels as a result. Also they won't want their celebrations at winning the championship ending on an anti-climax by losing tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

jebus84 wrote: »

They played Doonbeg in the co.final today so they would have fielded at full strength at that. Even if Cratloe had a weeks break Id fancy Ballinacourty to beat them with a few to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

elhorse wrote: »
    It was the Clare final today! I think ballinacourty are good odds at that price but I think there's a worry that cratloe will feel hard done by at having to turn out again tomorrow and will raise their game to new levels as a result. Also they won't want their celebrations at winning the championship ending on an anti-climax by losing tomorrow

for some reason I thought that was on last week,no bother,will follow you on it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Following the Ballinacourty tip in a treble with Midleton and Youghal for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

shoddy14 wrote: »

Even money with Boylesports

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Lehane anytime goalscorer 9/5 can't turn that down

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

Ballincourty look a great bet. What about Portlaoise today. they are -2 against the slashers, Longford teams would nt have a great record at this level. Ballinderry also appeal after the two extra times for kilcoo and they have pedigree on their side.

The hurling is more difficult but I think Oulart are good value at 6/4. I find it hard to separate midelton and sixmile . Mt leinster are 10/3 at home or plus 4, any body give them a chance?

Ballinacourty,Portlaoise double
    plus oulartand ballinderry in a small acca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

glanlea wrote: »
    Ballincourty look a great bet. What about Portlaoise today. they are -2 against the slashers, Longford teams would nt have a great record at this level. Ballinderry also appeal after the two extra times for kilcoo and they have pedigree on their side.

The hurling is more difficult but I think Oulart are good value at 6/4. I find it hard to separate midelton and sixmile . Mt leinster are 10/3 at home or plus 4, any body give them a chance?

Ballinacourty,Portlaoise double
    plus oulartand ballinderry in a small acca

As I said earlier, I personally would have reservations about ballinacourty due to cratloe feeling hard done by at having to play 2 games in 2 days. Definitely agree that ballinderry look a great bet though. This year's portlaoise team aren't of the same vintage as recent years and slashers had a great win against rathnew so I'm not sure I'd go big on the Town. There'll be very little between oulart and kk, definitely oulart look the value pick. I'd also be interested in people's opinions of MLR?

• Advertisement

Any views on this treble
    Ballyboden St Endas 1/4
    Kilcormac-Killoughey 8/13
    Midleton 1/2

magherakid wrote: »
    Any views on this treble
    Ballyboden St Endas 1/4
    Midleton 1/2

Think that Oulart could upset that but the other two should win, even though there's not really any value in either.

Think that Oulart could upset that but the other two should win, even though there's not really any value in either.

Maybe replace Kilcormac-Killoughey for Youghal?

Maybe replace Kilcormac-Killoughey for Youghal?

I dunno an awful lot about Youghal I must admit, but it would worry me personally that they were well fancied against Castlelyons but only won by a point. From my experience, Castlelyons were quite good though so I was suprised they were so well fancied.

Also a little worrying that they took so long to shake of an Ardmore team that were down to 14 men who to be honest I don't think are that good.

That said, they won comfortably v Whitegate and its a well known fact that there are too many Senior clubs in Tipperary which naturally means that Intermediate hurling is that little bit weaker. But I know nothing about Ballina, other than that Shane McGrath plays for them.

Cheers Mountain just stuck with this treble

Ballyboden St Endas 1/4
    Midleton 1/2

Conor Lehane goal good shout langer

langer91 wrote: »
    Lehane anytime goalscorer 9/5 can't turn that down

Boom!! Love when a bet comes in early

langer91 wrote: »
    Boom!! Love when a bet comes in early

would you take Midleton even money HT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Cratloe down 6to 5 ht.. Playing good stuff but obvious signs of yest.. Created 2 clear goal chances but one wide and one over bar..still well in the game though.

• Advertisement

would you take Midleton even money HT

just saw this now mag, I'm not at the game and have no idea what six mile are like! I do know they were on the beer up untill Wednesday after winning the county last week and midleton have had an extra week break so maybe fatigue may play a role later on in the 2nd half! I'd personally stay away tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement