Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

any one got a link for up to date scores in the gaa today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Courty, jesus christ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Cratloe by 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

elhorse wrote: »
    It was the Clare final today! I think ballinacourty are good odds at that price but I think there's a worry that cratloe will feel hard done by at having to turn out again tomorrow and will raise their game to new levels as a result. Also they won't want their celebrations at winning the championship ending on an anti-climax by losing tomorrow

Turned out exactly as I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

jebus84 wrote: »
    any one got a link for up to date scores in the gaa today?

Use twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Any views on this treble
    Ballyboden St Endas 1/4
    Kilcormac-Killoughey 8/13
    Midleton 1/2

not 1 winner :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

That said, they won comfortably v Whitegate and its a well known fact that there are too many Senior clubs in Tipperary which naturally means that Intermediate hurling is that little bit weaker. But I know nothing about Ballina, other than that Shane McGrath plays for them.

Shane is actually from Ballinahinch.

As for the Tipp club scene while you are quite right that we have far far too many senior clubs, 32 at present, and a large number of them are uncompetitive there is no great drop off in standard, basically you have 8 to 10 very good senior teams and then anything up to 35 very similar standard clubs, Silvermines were actually munster champions last year at Intermediate and took Clare to extra time in a cracker, despite being in theory only the 33rd club in Tipp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The Oulart train keeps choo choo-ing along. PP have them at 4/9 to beat Mount Leinster Rangers in the Leinster final, all aboard! Cant see that lasting too long.

What do we think on Na Piarsaigh v Sixmilebridge for the weekend?

Had fancied Middleton but Sixmile turned them over. Didn't see the game but heard it was pretty poor. Na Piarsaigh haven't impressed in Munster, fluking a late victory against 13 man Loughmore while then scraping over a Passage side that were missing Noel Connors. Even though they supposedly controlled that game, the amount of goals they conceded would have to be a worry though in fairness Eddie Lynch was also said to be in inspired form in goals for Passage.

Finding it hard to call to be honest, but would maybe take a lean against Sixmilebridge. They have home advantage sure, but Niall Gilligan is a bit old at this stage to be your main forward and I think that Na Piarsaigh should be beating them with the list of Inter-County players they have. Anyone else got any thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

What do we think on Na Piarsaigh v Sixmilebridge for the weekend?

Had fancied Middleton but Sixmile turned them over. Didn't see the game but heard it was pretty poor. Na Piarsaigh haven't impressed in Munster, fluking a late victory against 13 man Loughmore while then scraping over a Passage side that were missing Noel Connors. Even though they supposedly controlled that game, the amount of goals they conceded would have to be a worry though in fairness Eddie Lynch was also said to be in inspired form in goals for Passage.

Finding it hard to call to be honest, but would maybe take a lean against Sixmilebridge. They have home advantage sure, but Niall Gilligan is a bit old at this stage to be your main forward and I think that Na Piarsaigh should be beating them with the list of Inter-County players they have. Anyone else got any thought?

I've decided its a no bet game tbh Mountain mainly for hte reasons you have outlined, neither look overly impressive, Na Piarsaigh slighly more so on paper but this will surely be negated by Cusack Park, without wishing to offent either team or their supporters it looks a very very poor Munster Final, if forced to have a bet I would possibly side with the Bridge simply because of the home advantage and that Clare hurling is on a crest of a wave at the minute, Gilligan had been their main fiorward alright in Clare but I thought one or two of the other forwards really steped up against Midelton particualrly Mulready and Sheehan.

I also know Gilligan reasonably well from Inter firms hurling and he keeps himself in remarkable shape so he wouldn't be your typical club 38 year old type player. Downes and Dowling are the key men for Na Piarsaigh but while both are capable of stunning performance both are also capable of being decidedly ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

I am looking at 3 bets over the weekend:

Summerhill play St. Vincents (Dublin) in the Leinster Championship in Paranell Park on Sunday. Summerhill are 4/1 outsiders for this and it looks like very good value to me against a team that will be without the suspended Diarmuid Connolly and Ger Brennan. Summerhill have been without one of their best players - Davy Dalton - for most of the year but he came on as a sub in their last game and he is likely to play a bigger role on Sunday. It has to be taken into consideration that club football in Dublin is significantly stronger than anywhere else in Leinster and Vincents still have plenty of good players but any club team that is missing two all-ireland winners is going feel the hit and I think this one will go right to the wire.

Moorefield play Portlaoise in the Leinster Championship on Sunday and although the game is in Laois I think Moorefield are good value at 6/5. I am basing this on the fact that Portlaoise are not as good an outfit as they were a couple of years ago and they only scraped past Longford Slashers after extra time last weekend. Moorefield are a good team with Luke Dempsey in charge and they played a top club team from Meath recently in a challenge and gave them a lesson, I spoke to someone that was at the game and he said they were very strong, so I think they might be good enough to shade this one.

I am also looking at Rower Inistoge (Kilkenny) v Buffers Alley in the Leinster IHC. Rower are at 10/11 which looks fairly generous odds to me ever though the game is in Wexford. Buffers Alley were pushed all the way by Kilmessan who were the Meath senior champions in the last match and Kilmessan are an aging team who surprised most people by winning the championship in Meath. I don't know a lot about Rower except they have Kieran Joyce and they were worthy winners of the Kilkenny championship and they beat a good Celbridge team, who were Kildare senior champions, in their last match.

This works out at 20/1 in an accumulator and I think I will chance a few quid and see how it goes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

I am looking at 3 bets over the weekend:

Summerhill play St. Vincents (Dublin) in the Leinster Championship in Paranell Park on Sunday. Summerhill are 4/1 outsiders for this and it looks like very good value to me against a team that will be without the suspended Diarmuid Connolly and Ger Brennan. Summerhill have been without one of their best players - Davy Dalton - for most of the year but he came on as a sub in their last game and he is likely to play a bigger role on Sunday. It has to be taken into consideration that club football in Dublin is significantly stronger than anywhere else in Leinster and Vincents still have plenty of good players but any club team that is missing two all-ireland winners is going feel the hit and I think this one will go right to the wire.

Moorefield play Portlaoise in the Leinster Championship on Sunday and although the game is in Laois I think Moorefield are good value at 6/5. I am basing this on the fact that Portlaoise are not as good an outfit as they were a couple of years ago and they only scraped past Longford Slashers after extra time last weekend. Moorefield are a good team with Luke Dempsey in charge and they played a top club team from Meath recently in a challenge and gave them a lesson, I spoke to someone that was at the game and he said they were very strong, so I think they might be good enough to shade this one.

I am also looking at Rower Inistoge (Kilkenny) v Buffers Alley in the Leinster IHC. Rower are at 10/11 which looks fairly generous odds to me ever though the game is in Wexford. Buffers Alley were pushed all the way by Kilmessan who were the Meath senior champions in the last match and Kilmessan are an aging team who surprised most people by winning the championship in Meath. I don't know a lot about Rower except they have Kieran Joyce and they were worthy winners of the Kilkenny championship and they beat a good Celbridge team, who were Kildare senior champions, in their last match.

This works out at 20/1 in an accumulator and I think I will chance a few quid and see how it goes!!

I can't see summerhill beating vins but certainly expect them to put up a big fight. Backing them +5 should come in I think. Moorefield should have enough to get past portlaoise I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

I'm going with a accum of

Moorefield 6/5
    St Brigids 4/7
    Rower Inistoge evs
    Na Piarsaigh 11/10

Works out at just over 13/1

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TheHighest92

i have a joint GAA/soccer accumulator, 6 have won and it's just down to Ballinderrry (v's glenswilly) and Dr. Crokes (v's cratloe) for a £220 win.
    should i be feeling confident for sunday? my choices were based on watching the highlights from the previous round and ballinderry are my neighbouring parish and i know they have a strong team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

i have a joint GAA/soccer accumulator, 6 have won and it's just down to Ballinderrry (v's glenswilly) and Dr. Crokes (v's cratloe) for a £220 win.
    should i be feeling confident for sunday? my choices were based on watching the highlights from the previous round and ballinderry are my neighbouring parish and i know they have a strong team

crokes are a cert anyway but i wouldnt be sure on ballinderry, you just wouldnt know with ulster football..best of luck though

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TheHighest92

crokes are a cert anyway but i wouldnt be sure on ballinderry, you just wouldnt know with ulster football..best of luck though

i think/hope ballinderry will be hungry for it as most of the team haven't won an ulster championship before and i heard that glenswilly were in division 2 this year or last year?

i think/hope ballinderry will be hungry for it as most of the team haven't won an ulster championship before and i heard that glenswilly were in division 2 this year or last year?

not sure on glenswilly but ulster is always competitive so that makes it hard to bet on.crokes game is a foregone conclusion imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Factoring in "hunger" is almost always a mistake in sports betting IMO. Especially in this scenario, which players are we expecting to be giving less than 100% on Ulster final day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Oulart backed into 3/10with PaddyPower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Good loser

CD-R 80 wrote: »

Saw that. Were 4/9 last week. Chanced Oulart at 11/10 for -4!

• Advertisement

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    Good loser wrote: »
    Saw that. Were 4/9 last week. Chanced Oulart at 11/10 for -4!

Cant say ye werent told lads....
    KevIRL wrote: »
    The Oulart train keeps choo choo-ing along. PP have them at 4/9 to beat Mount Leinster Rangers in the Leinster final, all aboard! Cant see that lasting too long.

Sigh.

Fair play MLR though

Oulart The Bottlers they should be changing their name to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

What price were MLR?

Local_Chap wrote: »
    What price were MLR?
    were they 9/4

were they 9/4

Ah they were surely bigger than that?

Ah they were surely bigger than that?

perhaps they were ..i thought thats wat it was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

perhaps they were ..i thought thats wat it was

Thought crokes were poxed to get thru.. Totally out of it in2nd half.... Hard luck to cratloe great display of bottle when a lot of teams would have rolled over really stood up . Can't see an all Ireland in crokes.

rambojon wrote: »
    Thought crokes were poxed to get thru.. Totally out of it in2nd half.... Hard luck to cratloe great display of bottle when a lot of teams would have rolled over really stood up . Can't see an all Ireland in crokes.

crokes were blessed..
    i wouldnt rule them out, crokes get a good pitch and dry conditions i think they will be hard stopped by any of the teams left.
    football this time of the year is always a slogfest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Good loser

Oulart The Bottlers they should be changing their name to.

Ref was brutal. MLR, towards end, surrounded him for every Oulart free and wasted 1 min+ each time. Oulart should have got a free - for a point, and it was awarded against them for overcarrying. Then only 1 min extra time ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement