Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Good loser wrote: »
    Ref was brutal. MLR, towards end, surrounded him for every Oulart free and wasted 1 min+ each time. Oulart should have got a free - for a point, and it was awarded against them for overcarrying. Then only 1 min extra time ffs.

Not living up to the username their! :P

Sounds like they had the chances to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Good loser wrote: »
    Ref was brutal. MLR, towards end, surrounded him for every Oulart free and wasted 1 min+ each time. Oulart should have got a free - for a point, and it was awarded against them for overcarrying. Then only 1 min extra time ffs.

Did he not award Oulart a free at the end for their forward simply falling over himself, straight in front of the goals and was it the referee who hit 9 shots from inside 50 yards directly into the goalies hand and a further 17 wides?? 4 Leinster finals in a row, can hardly blame the refs for them all??

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Did he not award Oulart a free at the end for their forward simply falling over himself, straight in front of the goals and was it the referee who hit 9 shots from inside 50 yards directly into the goalies hand and a further 17 wides?? 4 Leinster finals in a row, can hardly blame the refs for them all??

Was going to post the very same. They bottled it, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

fancy Naomh Olaf to beat Geraldines on Sunday. bit of a difference in price as Boylesports offering Evens while Paddy Power only 8/11. Anyone got any opinions on this game

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    fancy Naomh Olaf to beat Geraldines on Sunday. bit of a difference in price as Boylesports offering Evens while Paddy Power only 8/11. Anyone got any opinions on this game

Exactly the opposite opinion! I fancy geraldines strongly. They looked a much better footballing team last Sunday, olafs rely on sheer size and strength. Plus they're missing their midfielder after getting a straight red for kicking, geraldines only had their best player available from half time last week and he should be fit for the full game this week, and the Parnell park pitch will suit the geraldines footballing style better. Geraldines had something like 36 shots on goal last week, I wouldn't expect them to be as profligate again. 11/8 is a good price in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Exactly the opposite opinion! I fancy geraldines strongly. They looked a much better footballing team last Sunday, olafs rely on sheer size and strength. Plus they're missing their midfielder after getting a straight red for kicking, geraldines only had their best player available from half time last week and he should be fit for the full game this week, and the Parnell park pitch will suit the geraldines footballing style better. Geraldines had something like 36 shots on goal last week, I wouldn't expect them to be as profligate again. 11/8 is a good price in my opinion.

Hope you all followed; always great to take advantage of lazy assumptions by bookmakers based on nothing more than geographic locations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Any prices knocking around yet for next weekends opening pre-season games?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Any prices knocking around yet for next weekends opening pre-season games?

Do they take bets on those?

I think Na Piarsaigh should be favourites for the All-Ireland club championship for what it's worth.

Do they take bets on those?

Yep, and often a chance to take advantage of some squad information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Probably be Friday or Saturday before we get any prices. Bookmakers always wary in pricing up early season games as hard judge how serious counties taking these matches with them all in heavy training and trying judge how strong college teams will be.
    Always an opportunity to make money if having inside knowledge into some of the camps. Hopefully get a few winners at value prices over weekend

• Advertisement

Prices now up on PP. Anything stick out lads
    4th January 2014
    19:30 Louth v DCU
    5/4

8/1

8/11

5th January 2014
    14:00 Wexford v Laois
    7/4

15/2

8/15

14:00 Offaly v UCD
    4/9

8/1

2/1

14:00 Carlow v Longford
    6/4

8/1

4/7

14:00 Kildare v Athlone IT
    1/33

20/1

15/2

14:00 Meath v DIT
    1/3

9/1

5/2

14:00 Wicklow v Carlow IT
    1/2

15/2

15/8

14:00 Westmeath v Dublin
    10/3

9/1

1/4

14:00 Kerry v IT Tralee
    1/50

33/1

8/1

14:00 CIT v Mary I
    2/9

11/1

11/4

14:00 Cork v LIT
    1/66

33/1

9/1

14:00 UL v UCC
    9/4

9/1

4/11

14:00 Armagh v Queens
    4/11

9/1

9/4

14:00 Donegal v Tyrone
    8/15

15/2

7/4

14:00 Monaghan v Derry
    7/4

8/1

1/2

14:00 Fermanagh v St Marys
    1/4

8/1

10/3

14:00 Antrim v Cavan
    11/10

15/2

4/5

14:00 Down v UUJ
    4/7

8/1

6/4

14:00 Roscommon v Sligo IT
    1/2

15/2

7/4

14:00 Galway v Sligo
    1/3

8/1

5/2

14:00 Leitrim v GMIT
    1/2

7/1

7/4

Apologies for the format, middle price in each is the draw

Taking Westmeath tomorrow at 5/4 with pp to beat Westmeath

Taking Westmeath tomorrow at 5/4 with pp to beat Westmeath

Sounds like a fix to me :p

Think DCU could put it up to Dublin going on their performances against the same teams, and that Dublin are playing with second strings at present. 2/1 is big.

Sorry meant to say DIT

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Sorry meant to say DIT

What are the Dit hurlers like this year? Is rushe still there I know treacly is in ucd, a word of warning Westmeath are missing a good number of players mcnicholls is injured and 7/8 are with their colleges Niall O'Brien is with ul

What are the Dit hurlers like this year? Is rushe still there I know treacly is in ucd, a word of warning Westmeath are missing a good number of players mcnicholls is injured and 7/8 are with their colleges Niall O'Brien is with ul

Is Treacy not with DIT? Thought Rushe was UCD as well now that I think of it?

UL 8/15 with Boyles to beat WIT on Sunday, they dispatched the Waterford county team last week and its a good price against injury hit students

UL 8/15 with Boyles to beat WIT on Sunday, they dispatched the Waterford county team last week and its a good price against injury hit students

Into 1/4 now. GL me (and whoever else got on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Half Time UL 1-13 WIT 0-12 scores flying in very enjoyable Conor Ryan steering UL from the half back line & scored 3 points

UL 2-21 WIT 1-15 50 mins. Looking good.

• Advertisement

Finished 2-30 to 1-20

Kilkenny 4/9 to beat Galway (PP) for me this weekend, reasonably strong team for the cats including Henry Shefflin, Galway without Joe Canning and the rest of the Portumna lot and have to make the journey to Freshford

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Kilkenny 4/9 to beat Galway (PP) for me this weekend, reasonably strong team for the cats including Henry Shefflin, Galway without Joe Canning and the rest of the Portumna lot and have to make the journey to Freshford

Would you take KilKenny -4 points on the handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

Any thoughts on the football today.Its a shocking bad morning here in the SW so it could make a bit of a lottery of the games if the weather travels north.
    You would have to fancy the cats and I think they will cover the handicap. I see Wexford are 6/4 at home, they have a good win under their belts,should be taking the league seriously enough so they can build a bit of momentum for the year. I think its all about the championship for the dubs.
    BETS;Wex/Kilk [EMAIL="double@23/10"]double@23/10[/EMAIL] withPP 1pt

Any info on todays club games?

Handy enough win for KK in the end 1-24 to 0-15 I believe. Shefflin got a decent score also of about 12 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I see Louth are 5-4 to beat Armagh. Armagh have huge injury problems so surprised they're available at that price. Anyone know if the players Armagh are key players, also does anyone know how Louth are looking at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Dots1982 wrote: »
    I see Louth are 5-4 to beat Armagh. Armagh have huge injury problems so surprised they're available at that price. Anyone know if the players Armagh are key players, also does anyone know how Louth are looking at the moment.

Louth aren't in good shape at the moment.

Louth and Armagh both have big players out injured for Sunday. I couldn't call this one to be honest, Armagh are at a pretty low ebb but Louth are missing their 2 main scoring forwards from last year. At first glance, Offaly look overpriced at 5/2 against Wexford, more research will follow in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

I like the look of Tyrone at 4/5 to beat Down and Monaghan at 6/4 to beat Down... Down had a poor Mc Kenna Cup and will be without Kevin Mc Kernan. Both teams are away from home but put in good leagues last year and will be looking to push on after a decent championship in 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Thinking of going big on a double of Dublin in the football and Kilkenny in the hurling?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement