Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I like the look of Tyrone at 4/5 to beat Down and Monaghan at 6/4 to beat Down... Down had a poor Mc Kenna Cup and will be without Kevin Mc Kernan. Both teams are away from home but put in good leagues last year and will be looking to push on after a decent championship in 2013

I agree with this and am going to put both teams with Cavan into a treble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Lemlin wrote: »
    I agree with this and am going to put both teams with Cavan into a treble.

Cavan look to be good things.
    would they be worth -4 points?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Dublin hurlers.....? is team named.. also move for Waterford footballers.

rambojon wrote: »
    Dublin hurlers.....? is team named.. also move for Waterford footballers.

I fancy the Waterford footballers too. I spoke to roli sweeney who is a part of the backroom team and he was telling me that they have goodvfootballers down there as is confident in them.
    I also like carlow. I seen something in them when they played kildare a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

Cavan -6 now. ...anyone fancy that with dublin and kilkenny?? Odds 7/2

• Advertisement

Brenty wrote: »
    Cavan -6 now. ...anyone fancy that with dublin and kilkenny?? Odds 7/2

I wouldn't trust Cavan with a handicap in a local derby, especially with the weather here at the minute. It's snowing now and has been raining buckets all day. Conditions are going to be brutal.

I expect us to win but we're not into running up cricket scores.

I'm after going for a treble of Cavan with Down and Monaghan. Odds of 3.82/1 so nearly 4/1.

I thought about throwing the Dubs in as well but don't like the look of the starting 15 they've named and they were poor enough in the O'Byrne Cup.

Keep it local anyways lemlin with all the ulster teams.

kildare 10/11
    Waterford evens
    tyrone evens
    Is gonna be my banker selection for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Dublin hurlers have been punted from 2/1 at lunchtime today into 6/5 powers and 5/4 ladbrokes. Boyles still go 2/1 but doubt that I'll last for too long. They've named a stronger side that what lined out last week but don't know whether it would convince me to take 5/4 on them against Kilkenny. No sign of any Kilkenny team and thinking that they may be putting out a different side to what beat galway last weekend hence the market move for dubs. Should know by lunchtime tomorrow how they will line out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

mjp wrote: »
    Dublin hurlers have been punted from 2/1 at lunchtime today into 6/5 powers and 5/4 ladbrokes. Boyles still go 2/1 but doubt that I'll last for too long. They've named a stronger side that what lined out last week but don't know whether it would convince me to take 5/4 on them against Kilkenny. No sign of any Kilkenny team and thinking that they may be putting out a different side to what beat galway last weekend hence the market move for dubs. Should know by lunchtime tomorrow how they will line out

Why would Kilkenny weaken their team? Think people backing Dublin are giving a great ooportunity for others to make money here.

Waterford Clare game is touch and go, we've a good team out though with a few unknown quantities (Wayne Hutchison at corner forward when he plays center back in hurling for Ballygunner is a strange one) but we have no Gary Hurney. Paul Whyte though still the danger man in my eyes and he lines out full forward. At home, bet Clare away last year but Clare have Sean Collins starting and Podge on the bench. Could be a different team.

If your backing them, take the 7/5 on Bet365 at least and give yourself some advantage.

Keep it local anyways lemlin with all the ulster teams.

kildare 10/11
    Waterford evens
    tyrone evens
    Is gonna be my banker selection for the weekend

I like to keep to what I know. I think Monaghan are great odds at around evens. Down were brutal in the McKenna Cup. Cavan gave them a decent beating and then they lost in Newry to Antrim.

Mayo are sending a strong team to play Kildare. Not sure I'd agree with backing Kildare.

• Advertisement

On second thoughts, that is a weak enough Kilkenny side.

Cavan game off. May go ahead tomorrow after pitch inspection at 11.

Feel so angry after that game.

Had Italy +20, France and Kerry done.

How can you go 30 odd minutes with 1 point and the majority of that against 14 men?

Where in gods name did they put this extra man.

Some very suspect decisions by the ref as well near the end with frees out(not the dive though in injury time) and the same pittful GAA added time as per usual, 2 mins with about 15mins of the half wasted and then the majority of the 2mins wasted.

The sooner they bring in a stop clock the better, hate that crap in GAA.

Taking Kildare and Waterford today, good word for Monaghan pushing me towards them too.

Anyone any thoughts on Leitrim, won the FBD league again and are at home to Antrim who've a long way to travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Started off with €5, put it on the Fitz games.
    Won all so far:
    Double: CIT and UCC, €5 returned €9.71
    Single: UL, €5 returned €7.32
    Triple: Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford, €5
    Accum: Same 3 with Cavan and Meath, €5 Return from both €28.96

Gone for a Lucky 31 with the Sigerson Cup on Tuesday and Wednesday:
    DIT, Queens, DCU, NUIM and CIT, €28.89
    Think DIT, DCU and NUIM should win confidently in their games, but Queens might have a bit of difficulty with GMIT and CIT with ITC so I felt like going with the Lucky because college games can be so unpredictable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Not one to bet against my own team, but Monaghan are 6/5 with Boylesports at home to Meath on Sunday which I think is ridiculously high. Monaghan have had the measure over Meath over the last number of years, especially at home. Adding the fact that our defence last Sunday was shockingly bad and Monaghan's forward line is a step or two up from Galway's. Monaghan should be favourites for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Not one to bet against my own team, but Monaghan are 6/5 with Boylesports at home to Meath on Sunday which I think is ridiculously high. Monaghan have had the measure over Meath over the last number of years, especially at home. Adding the fact that our defence last Sunday was shockingly bad and Monaghan's forward line is a step or two up from Galway's. Monaghan should be favourites for this one.

Beware Monaghan, poor second half team as we've seen so many times in the past. Should of had Down put to the sword but let them back into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

London are currently 11/10 to beat Carlow in Ruislip on Sunday. They definitely will. I'd reckon by the end of the week that price will have dropped a good bit.

Carlow lost at home to Tipp by 19 points. The set-up is a mess, and the manager is clueless. There is no way we should be 10/11 faves to win this game over there. I will be going big on London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stevecw wrote: »
    London are currently 11/10 to beat Carlow in Ruislip on Sunday. They definitely will. I'd reckon by the end of the week that price will have dropped a good bit.

Carlow lost at home to Tipp by 19 points. The set-up is a mess, and the manager is clueless. There is no way we should be 10/11 faves to win this game over there. I will be going big on London

Carlow had a player sent off after 5 minutes against Tipp didn't they? Can't imagine Anthony Rainbow's set-up being a mess.

Beware Monaghan, poor second half team as we've seen so many times in the past. Should of had Down put to the sword but let them back into the game.

I had Tyrone in a treble with Cavan and Meath. They let Derry back for a draw.

So on Sunday I did another treble with Cavan, Meath and Monaghan. Then Monaghan let Down back for a draw.

Bad weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

keane2097 wrote: »
    Carlow had a player sent off after 5 minutes against Tipp didn't they? Can't imagine Anthony Rainbow's set-up being a mess.

Yes we lost Broderick after a few mins, but to be honest we would have lost badly anyway. Rainbow still stuck to a sweeper system after that and left us with no options in attack. Brendan Murphy left alone at full forward while we got wiped out at midfield.

I could go on for ages about how bad a manager he is, and while he was a class player for so many years with Kildare, he is no use as a manager.

We are on an 11 game losing run, most of them hammerings. Take this rte report as an example of how bad a manger he is from the Carlow v Laois home championship Friday night game for us last year:
    "With John O'Loughlin and Pádraig Clancy ruling midfield it was surprising that Carlow manager Anthony Rainbow opted to retain Brendan Murphy in the full forward line. When Murphy ventured outfield late in the first half he created trouble for Laois but he was again sited at corner forward for the second half.

Hasn't a clue and the number of players who were involved last year but stayed away this year says it all. Btw London are now 4/6, and Carlow are 6/4. As expected people were all over that 11/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

A cavan, dublin, donegal treble is 2.22/1

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Big Bucks

I like Cork, Kerry and London in a treble at odds of 3.78/1 with Powers.

Big Bucks wrote: »

kildare will not be any push over for cork. cork named their team and are missing a few lads while kildare are on a bit of a roll scoring 2-17 last week from play!!
    and carlow are not as bad as they were last week in truth. seen them in the o byrne cup this year and they have some nice footballers so beware

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Big Bucks

kildare will not be any push over for cork. cork named their team and are missing a few lads while kildare are on a bit of a roll scoring 2-17 last week from play!!
    and carlow are not as bad as they were last week in truth. seen them in the o byrne cup this year and they have some nice footballers so beware

Ya as im new around here I should probably have included that i dont be betting the league stages of Gaa very heavily unless i see a single of outstanding value. Very much an interest small stakes treble here!! Appreciate the advice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Big Bucks wrote: »

I like those odds. Nice on, I will take a little bit of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Fermanagh @evens vs Sligo- think they'll win that one at home.

Dublin -7 @11/10 vs Westmeath- think Dublin, even weakened, are comfortably better than WH.

Na Piarsaigh @6/4 vs Portumna. I rate NaP very highly and reckon they'll win the AI. Will obviously be tight, maybe the handicap is worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Fireball07 wrote: »

Dublin -7 @11/10 vs Westmeath- think Dublin, even weakened, are comfortably better than WH.

Na Piarsaigh @6/4 vs Portumna. I rate NaP very highly and reckon they'll win the AI. Will obviously be tight, maybe the handicap is worth a go.

Na Piarsaigh absolutely demolished Six mile bridge in the Munster final, filletted them, Portumna might be having one last hurrah but at the odds I'd go with NAP.

Stevecw wrote: »
    Yes we lost Broderick after a few mins, but to be honest we would have lost badly anyway. Rainbow still stuck to a sweeper system after that and left us with no options in attack. Brendan Murphy left alone at full forward while we got wiped out at midfield.

I could go on for ages about how bad a manager he is, and while he was a class player for so many years with Kildare, he is no use as a manager.

We are on an 11 game losing run, most of them hammerings. Take this rte report as an example of how bad a manger he is from the Carlow v Laois home championship Friday night game for us last year:
    "With John O'Loughlin and Pádraig Clancy ruling midfield it was surprising that Carlow manager Anthony Rainbow opted to retain Brendan Murphy in the full forward line. When Murphy ventured outfield late in the first half he created trouble for Laois but he was again sited at corner forward for the second half.

Hasn't a clue and the number of players who were involved last year but stayed away this year says it all. Btw London are now 4/6, and Carlow are 6/4. As expected people were all over that 11/10

Cheers, that's brilliant info.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »

I like Fermanagh at that price if Seamus Quigley is fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement