Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

London game is postponed.

Lads, do bookies normally struggle with the In Play odds on matches in GAA because they haven't much knowledge?

Down are playing Armagh tonight. I just got Armagh on the handicap +4.5 at 8/11 when the score was Armagh 1-4 to Down 1-5 with 50 or so minutes gone.

That seems an unreal price to me to give Armagh a 4.5 handicap at that price when they are home and the game is between two Ulster teams and will therefore be tight.

Armagh are now winning at 66 minutes 2-5 to 1-6.

Edit: Final score was 2-5 to 2-7. 2.5 of the handicap to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Few bets on TMH to beat fuerty at croker for the all ireland club junior final on Sunday.

TMH 100 euro. 4-5 (when I got it)
    TMH -1 50 euro 5-6
    Chris Healy anytime goal 20 euro 10-3

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Lemlin wrote: »
    London game is postponed.

Lads, do bookies normally struggle with the In Play odds on matches in GAA because they haven't much knowledge?

Down are playing Armagh tonight. I just got Armagh on the handicap +4.5 at 8/11 when the score was Armagh 1-4 to Down 1-5 with 50 or so minutes gone.

That seems an unreal price to me to give Armagh a 4.5 handicap at that price when they are home and the game is between two Ulster teams and will therefore be tight.

Armagh are now winning at 66 minutes 2-5 to 1-6.

Edit: Final score was 2-5 to 2-7. 2.5 of the handicap to spare.

I think it was to do with the conditions. And also think Armagh were down to 14 at that stage. But yeah definitely worth looking at the inplay, especially Bet356. For example tonight Down at ht were 5/6, while 4/9 with PP apparently!!

orangesoda wrote: »
    A cavan, dublin, donegal treble is 2.22/1

Be careful of Cavan this weekend. They didn't play well second half and were lucky enough to get a goal at a vital stage to get over the line last week.

They've now been hit with injuries to three players - Turloc Mooney, Alan Clarke and Cian Mackey. All 3 are out of Sunday. Clarke and Mackey are two of the few experienced players in the panel and are vita to the team. Clarke is captain.

There are also rumours that two others, midfielder David Givney and centre half forward Michael Lyng, are struggling for fitness,

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

I find in-play betting in the gaa is the way to go especially for a result you really fancy.
    for example, I was very confident of Kilkenny beating Dublin in the hurling last weekend. the spread was 4 I think.
    but I didn't bet till they went 2pts down and instead of even money for original spread I got 7/5 for -1 and 5/4 for -2.
    obviuously it doesn't work every time but its definitely worth watching.

Am I the only one who sees Kildare as good value(13/8) on sunday. Cork missing a few

• Advertisement

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    I think it was to do with the conditions. And also think Armagh were down to 14 at that stage. But yeah definitely worth looking at the inplay, especially Bet356. For example tonight Down at ht were 5/6, while 4/9 with PP apparently!!

It was 365 I got that price with. I still can't believe Armagh were 8/11 when a point down with a handicap of 4.5+. It was a serious price IMO so I'm definitely going to keep an eye on 365 In Play tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Think 365 have only started the GAA in play markets? Would stand to reason they'd be poor at it.

That said, I had good success last year backing Cavan and Derry (I think) to draw at 4/1 in play, and Cork first goal v Galway at evens last year, ytou can get some good odds on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Lads kildare at 7/4 tomorrow is a great bet. They are playing out of there skins at the moment. I got it right last week with mayo and I think this week they are a massive price.
    They are definitely worth the punt. .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Best bet of the weekend is over 1.5 goals in the the Tyrone v Mayo & Monaghan v Meath both both 4/6.

Tyrone and Mayo have both got attacking back lines and as we saw from last weeks games there would have to be a drastic change in tactics for this not to be good value. Both matches had ten plus goal a chances and IMO 4/9 would be closer to correct price.

In the Meath. Monaghan I would slightly less confident and would make it 4/7. Meath gave up a lot of goal chances against Galway and its easy to see Monaghan finding the net. Although I like Monaghan as a defensive unit I'm of the opinion they are still behind other teams fitness wise and they're early season results would suggest as much they have blown big leads in their last 3 games down Cavan and Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Fermanagh @evens vs Sligo- think they'll win that one at home.

Dublin -7 @11/10 vs Westmeath- think Dublin, even weakened, are comfortably better than WH.

Na Piarsaigh @6/4 vs Portumna. I rate NaP very highly and reckon they'll win the AI. Will obviously be tight, maybe the handicap is worth a go.

Only 1/3 for this weekend.

Westmeath were a lot closer than I thought, Na Piarsaigh weren't able to get past Portumna (although they might have if Canning had been sent off)... but Fermanagh ran out comfortable winners in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Few bets on TMH to beat fuerty at croker for the all ireland club junior final on Sunday.

TMH 100 euro. 4-5 (when I got it)
    TMH -1 50 euro 5-6
    Chris Healy anytime goal 20 euro 10-3

All winners

Limerick @3/1 V Cork tomorrow... wouldn't have given them a shout, but Shane Dowling starts, Tom Ryan and Conor Allis on the wings... Cork not as good as I expected. Still not favourites but at those kind of odds are worth a shot.

Others that jump out... Dublin @evens vs Galway- I really think they'll win. Not convinced by that Galway team at all, and Dublin are really going to go for the league this year.

I've gone for 40 or less points in Limerick vs Cork @11/10- weather is supposed to be awful so will likely be low-scoring, although those kind of bets are dodgy enough generally.

First day is always hard to predict, I think Tipp and KK will both win, but wouldn't be sure of what handicap to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice preview article on livegaelic fireball, really enjoyed reading it.

I also think Limerick are worth a pop at those odds, probly my only league match bet of the weekend.

Think cork at 6/1 is a nice price for the league outright. Regardless of the outcome of tonight's match they will likely win their remaining games in 1b and finish top or second, and will have a nice bit of momentum going into a QF against 3rd or 4th in 1A who could have had a tipsy turvy time of it. Win the QF and just 2 games to win then and the 6/1 price will look great.

Finally am taking creggan to beat ballysaggart in the junior final replay today at 15/8, it's a big pric considering that by all accounts they were far the better team last weekend and was only ballysaggarts goals that kept them in it including one right at the end of extra time

KevIRL wrote: »

Finally am taking creggan to beat ballysaggart in the junior final replay today at 15/8, it's a big pric considering that by all accounts they were far the better team last weekend and was only ballysaggarts goals that kept them in it including one right at the end of extra time

Creggan win 1-11 to 1-7. Solid start to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

With the Gooch gone off injured in the Crokes game with what could be a cruciate I've taken Cork to win Munster @ 5/4

On Waterford tonighy at 3/1, with a cover on the draw at 10/1.

This will be a close game I'm sure, and while we don't have that great a record in the league v Tipp I really think the gap between the two is vastly over-estimated particularly on the basis of the two teams named for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Very inexperienced looking set of backs named by Kilkenny for tomorrow (except for Murphy). I assume they've been brought in to combat the pace in the clare forward line, but could Clare run up a decent score as a result of the kk inexperience?

On Waterford tonighy at 3/1, with a cover on the draw at 10/1.

This will be a close game I'm sure, and while we don't have that great a record in the league v Tipp I really think the gap between the two is vastly over-estimated particularly on the basis of the two teams named for tonight.

Should have been a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Should have been a winner.

waterford had 15 wides, both teams were bad.You were right in your assumption that 3/1 was still a great price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Whats the play's today lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Clare Dublin double 4/1

Very surprised to see Galway at 11/8 v Waterford for this Sunday's game especially given their destruction of Dublin last weekend. Also Maurice Shanahan confirmed out for up to 6 weeks for Waterford. Granted its a fair trip down for Galway, but cant see that price lasting too long (PP and Boyles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    With the Gooch gone off injured in the Crokes game with what could be a cruciate I've taken Cork to win Munster @ 5/4

Cork 8/11 now ;)

Nice preview article on livegaelic fireball, really enjoyed reading it.

Cheers!

Although some of my early predictions in it proved drastically wrong. Dublin really let me down at the weekend, after working so hard to get promotion, you'd think they'd turn up when getting there. Galway surprised me though- some of their newer players are better than I thought.

Laois also slightly better than I thought... Limerick might have won with 15 men, at least Padraig Walsh justified my praise of him.

Haven't seen the handicaps for this weekend, but would consider taking Laois + whatever vs Cork. Cork have named a strong team, but Laois are pretty decent.

Laois +9. Keeping away from it me. Cork and Limerick will be trying to rack up the scores now as points diff v likely to decide promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Very surprised to see Galway at 11/8 v Waterford for this Sunday's game especially given their destruction of Dublin last weekend. Also Maurice Shanahan confirmed out for up to 6 weeks for Waterford. Granted its a fair trip down for Galway, but cant see that price lasting too long (PP and Boyles)

Tho Galway have a fairly poor record against Waterford in both league and championship (not beating them in championship since the introduction of the qualifiers). Home advantage could be a factor. Most people expect Galway to win (apart from the bookies) and thats when they are at their most vulnerable

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

No handicaps up yet for the Carlow/London and Kerry/Kildare games, but I'd expect comfortable wins for both. Carlow and Kerry would appear to be the 2 best teams in this division and will want to keep winning before they meet in Tralee on st Patricks weekend. It was also noticeable last weekend that only 2 of the 6 games in division 1a and 1b had over 40 points despite reasonable weather conditions. Would we expect this increased tactical emphasis in hurling to produce low scoring through the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

shoddy14 wrote: »
    Tho Galway have a fairly poor record against Waterford in both league and championship (not beating them in championship since the introduction of the qualifiers). Home advantage could be a factor. Most people expect Galway to win (apart from the bookies) and thats when they are at their most vulnerable

Just to add to this - was talking to a Galway man who was at the Dublin game and he was saying that he wouldn't be reading a whole lot into Galway's performance. He said that in his opinion it was just one of those days where pretty much everything they hit went over the bar but that they didn't really play all that well yet still managed to put up a very decent score (if that makes any sense) He said they were helped enormously by Dublin being really off-form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

No handicaps up yet for the Carlow/London and Kerry/Kildare games, but I'd expect comfortable wins for both. Carlow and Kerry would appear to be the 2 best teams in this division and will want to keep winning before they meet in Tralee on st Patricks weekend. It was also noticeable last weekend that only 2 of the 6 games in division 1a and 1b had over 40 points despite reasonable weather conditions. Would we expect this increased tactical emphasis in hurling to produce low scoring through the league?

Goals are far harder to score in hurling at present and this must be down to the more defensive setup of teams. There were only 8 goals between the 6 games in Division 1A and 1B last weekend and backing under the total points looks the better bet this weekend. Kilkenny at 8/13 look the best value of the weekend and that's from a Tipp follower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Well I think we would need a much bigger sample size for starters and also while the actual weather during most games was as good as you can expect in February the preceeding two months have been awfull and it takes along time for pitches to recover, Thurles on Saturday night for example was the worst I've seen it and hadn't recovered from the Club Semis the week before, you could have cut silage off it the grass was so long!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement