Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dwyershane

Galway -2 21/10 anyones opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

dwyershane wrote: »
    Galway -2 21/10 anyones opinions?

Its Galway, they are as predictable as the weather, they could win byu 20 or lose by 20.

Based on last weeks respective performances they should win comfortably, Waterford struggled and although should have gotten something from the game that had as much to do with teh fact that themselves and Tipp were just as bas as each other. On the other hand Galway were very impressive and in particular the freedom there forwards seemed to enjoy ( perhaps as a result of no Mr Canning dare I suggest).

Home advantage in the league can be quite an advantage aswell, all in all it looks a solid bet but its Galway, they are kind of like Liverpool never back or or never back against them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Very surprised to see Galway at 11/8 v Waterford for this Sunday's game especially given their destruction of Dublin last weekend. Also Maurice Shanahan confirmed out for up to 6 weeks for Waterford. Granted its a fair trip down for Galway, but cant see that price lasting too long (PP and Boyles)

Adding KK -2 @ 6/5 (Bet365) to this. KK were much more impressive last weekend in losing than Tipp were in winning. Home advantage and they love getting 'up' for a Tipp match in Nowlan Park

Laois +9. Keeping away from it me. Cork and Limerick will be trying to rack up the scores now as points diff v likely to decide promotion

Cork win by 7. Hope you didnt pay attention to my thoughts fireball

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Going for a treble of Clare -3, Kilkenny -2 and Galway +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Cork win by 7. Hope you didnt pay attention to my thoughts fireball

Nah, decided not to touch it at all... not sure about this weekend at all.

Personally, I think Waterford will beat Galway, so while those odds of Galway +2 are nice, Galway are way too unpredictable and we'll see how they play against a strong defence- Dublin were pathetic.

Very surprised to see Galway at 11/8 v Waterford for this Sunday's game especially given their destruction of Dublin last weekend. Also Maurice Shanahan confirmed out for up to 6 weeks for Waterford. Granted its a fair trip down for Galway, but cant see that price lasting too long (PP and Boyles)
    Adding KK -2 @ 6/5 (Bet365) to this. KK were much more impressive last weekend in losing than Tipp were in winning. Home advantage and they love getting 'up' for a Tipp match in Nowlan Park

One good, one not so good. Delighted though that our lads beat Galway despite losing my bet

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Does anyone know if morale has improved in Carlow since their opening day trimming by Tipp? Brendan Murphy has now gone to the Lebanon for 6 months too which is obviously a massive loss.... All of which makes me think Leitrim -4 at 5/6 is a good bet. Any reasons otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Does anyone know if morale has improved in Carlow since their opening day trimming by Tipp? Brendan Murphy has now gone to the Lebanon for 6 months too which is obviously a massive loss.... All of which makes me think Leitrim -4 at 5/6 is a good bet. Any reasons otherwise?

It's 11-10 with boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Cork to beat dublin tonight.Like the look of this cork team....very good inside forward line wheras dublins forward line looks weak.2/1 on paddyp or 9/4 for those of you on betfair is well worth a punt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

domino123 wrote: »
    Cork to beat dublin tonight.Like the look of this cork team....very good inside forward line wheras dublins forward line looks weak.2/1 on paddyp or 9/4 for those of you on betfair is well worth a punt

Thought Dublin would win by a few points but having seen the line up, I certainly fancy Cork for the win Cork -2 is 4/1 might have a dabble at that with another bet on Cork +2 11/10

Would be shocked if Leitrim don't win, and I think -4 is a good bet. Carlow aren't great at the moment, and Leitrim have impressed this season.

I'm also tipping:
    Fermanagh to beat Longford @6/5
    Clare -1 vs Wicklow @11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Would be shocked if Leitrim don't win, and I think -4 is a good bet. Carlow aren't great at the moment, and Leitrim have impressed this season.

I'm also tipping:

Yeah I think Fermanagh could beat a Longford team that are still missing some of their big names. Couldn't call Clare/Wicklow to be honest. Meath and Derry should also cover the handicap I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Clare at home for me at evens is good value.

Think -4 in a football match this time of year in Division 4 is forcing it at that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Thought Dublin would win by a few points but having seen the line up, I certainly fancy Cork for the win Cork -2 is 4/1 might have a dabble at that with another bet on Cork +2 11/10

Cork win by 2....1 more would have been great but can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Good shout on Cork tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

mayo-1 is my nap. Kerry have a poor record in castlebar in recent years, and JoD apart the mayo backs should have the measure of rest.5/6 on pp
    Roscommon-2 and Clare-1 double
    add Donegal-1 and tyrone-1 for accumulator

glanlea wrote: »
    mayo-1 is my nap. Kerry have a poor record in castlebar in recent years, and JoD apart the mayo backs should have the measure of rest.5/6 on pp
    Roscommon-2 and Clare-1 double
    add Donegal-1 and tyrone-1 for accumulator

I can see where yer coming from with mayo but i really like the look of this kerry team today....i know there arent many household names but there is more than JoD in the foreward line....paul geaney is named at 14 and he would have been up there if not ahead of JoD if not for injuries in recent years.I really think kerry have a very good chane today in castlebar....a lot will depend on the midfield battle though.

I think ross -1
    clare -1 and donegal -1 is a very good bet

Fireball07 wrote: »

I'm also tipping:

2/3 ain't bad, I guess.

Great weekend of fixtures this week.
    not a fan of handicap betting but i think kildare (+4) against the dubs @ 10/11 is a nice bet on its own.
    Have a nice accumulator that I would be very confident about.
    I think kerry will beat tyrone this weekend being at home is an advantage for them obviously but having bryan sheehan back is a huge plus.He will knock over 90% of free and 40s which could prove crucial at the end,he also adds a great deal of strength to the forward line which has been lacking recently.
    So im going for the afformentioned bet above on its own and then my 7 team acca is in the hurling Limerick and kerry and in the football kerry,tipp,cavan,donegal and waterford.
    Have a good weekend

• Advertisement

Advice elsewhere has me backing Kerry hurlers @ 4/9 (PP) tomorrow against Westmeath. Westmeath with 2 suspended from red cards the last day and 10 dropped for disciplinary reasons. Boyles go 1/3 Kerry. Cant see the 4/9 lasting long

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

someone put me off having a large bet on Armagh tonight

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    someone put me off having a large bet on Armagh tonight

Probably the fact that them and laois are totally unpredictable.
    Laois will be full of confidence after last week and i think they could sneak it

Hmmm, what am I looking at this weekend?

Donegal -5 vs Meath @evens

Meath aren't a bad side, but failed to beat Armagh the last day; and Donegal are excellent at grinding out efficient wins at home. Can't see Meath getting enough scores and Donegal should pull home in the end. Will it be by 6 or more... I think it's a possibility.

Down -2 vs Galway @11/10

Galway were horrifically bad last week. I know they're at home this week and will want to make amends, but Down are just way better than them. Would be shocked if this didn't come through.

Hurling is tough to predict... I mean 1A is so competitive, it's very hard to say. I'd have said back Kilkenny at the handicap at home against Galway but they've put out a very experimental side. They should still win, but it's very hard to call. Same with Tipp & Clare, don't want to call that and I'd just about back Waterford against Dublin but not enough to put money on it.

So I'll go to 1B

Laois -4 vs Antrim @evens

I know Antrim only lost by a point to Wexford but Laois have Willie Hyland back and are a better team than Antrim, plus are at home. I think they'll win by 6 or 7 tbh.

Limerick -5 vs Wexford @10/11

Not 100% about this one, but think it's worth the risk. Limerick have included Downes, they've Mulcahy back, they've gone with a full-strength team against a Wexford side who have a few injuries, particularly in defence. I think Limerick will win by about 5 or 6; so maybe put the money in.

Limerick -3 is 8/15 and I would say that's almost a certainty.

Sligo Under 12.5 Points vs Cavan @10/11

Cavan have conceded 11, 8 & 6 points in the league to date. They have by far the strongest defence in the division- even missing a few players and I can see them keeping Sligo quiet. Now, admittedly Sligo have scored more than 12.5 in every game... but they haven't been playing Cavan every week.

No Sligo goals @21/20

In addition to above, Cavan are the only team not to concede a goal, it's a decent bet.

Down Over 1.5 Goals vs Galway @9/4

Bit of an outside one, but Down have scored 7 in 3 games, while Galway have conceded 5 in 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

hurling is very hard to call . teams seem to be good one week bad the next. but Clare@7/4 jumps out for me. theres little between these teams on any day, and tipp just seem very brittle. it just looks like good value for me.
    limerick-3 ,Kilkenny-3 ,cork-5 acca.

football is a lot tougher this week as I see no games with value you can call with confidence.saying that I think cork and mayo will cover the spread in div 1. Donegal and monaghan will win in 2 but the handicaps are a bit high. cavan are the same.
    cork-2 and mayo-6 double I think and add Donegal and cavan -3 @1/2 and 8/13 for the acca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

glanlea wrote: »
    hurling is very hard to call . teams seem to be good one week bad the next. but Clare@7/4 jumps out for me. theres little between these teams on any day, and tipp just seem very brittle. it just looks like good value for me.
    limerick-3 ,Kilkenny-3 ,cork-5 acca.

football is a lot tougher this week as I see no games with value you can call with confidence.saying that I think cork and mayo will cover the spread in div 1. Donegal and monaghan will win in 2 but the handicaps are a bit high. cavan are the same.
    cork-2 and mayo-6 double I think and add Donegal and cavan -3 @1/2 and 8/13 for the acca

3 players out for Tipp, Conor O Mahoney, Padraic Maher and Seamus Callinan. Clare look a huge price at 7/4 on the back of these withdrawals.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    3 players out for Tipp, Conor O Mahoney, Padraic Maher and Seamus Callinan. Clare look a huge price at 7/4 on the back of these withdrawals.

Good shout. Although Maher was so poor the last day, you'd wonder whether he's any loss at the moment. What kind of team do Clare have out?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

Anyone fancy tyrone to beat kerry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anyone have a Stan James account? Limerick are Evs to beat Wexford with them in the hurling. 1/5 elsewhere.

• Advertisement

In the end, I've gone for:

Laois -4 vs Antrim @evens
    Down -2 vs Galway @11/10

and a six-fold accumulator of:

Down to win vs Galway
    Laois -3 vs Antrim
    Limerick -3 vs Wexford (hurling)
    Monaghan -2 vs Louth
    Donegal -3 vs Meath
    Cavan -2 vs Sligo

I threw a bit of loose change on that one; €4.53 returns €50.81.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement