Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

ft9 wrote: »
    Anyone have a Stan James account? Limerick are Evs to beat Wexford with them in the hurling. 1/5 elsewhere.

Seen that price on oddschecker but they are 1/5 when you go onto site. Oddschecker look to have taken price of their football game in error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

mjp wrote: »
    Seen that price on oddschecker but they are 1/5 when you go onto site. Oddschecker look to have taken price of their football game in error

Got the bet cancelled, you were right, went through as football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Good shout. Although Maher was so poor the last day, you'd wonder whether he's any loss at the moment. What kind of team do Clare have out?

Handy win for Clare, should've won by 10 or 11 really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

In the end, I've gone for:

Laois -4 vs Antrim @evens
    Down -2 vs Galway @11/10

and a six-fold accumulator of:

Down to win vs Galway
    Laois -3 vs Antrim
    Limerick -3 vs Wexford (hurling)
    Monaghan -2 vs Louth
    Donegal -3 vs Meath
    Cavan -2 vs Sligo

I threw a bit of loose change on that one; €4.53 returns €50.81.

Just about broke even at the weekend thank to Laois, Down disappointed in a way.

Accumulator didn't come off, I guess I'm glad it wasn't just Limerick who let me down.

I should've taken my own advice and backed Sligo no goals and under 12.5 points, came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Leitrim -2 at evens this evening looks wrongly priced, Leitrim are unbeaten this year so far while Waterford have been well beaten in their last 2 games by Antrim (a) and at home by London last Sunday. I'm actually struggling to work out why the handicap is only 2 points, I personally had it down for about 6 points

• Advertisement

Leitrim -2 at evens this evening looks wrongly priced, Leitrim are unbeaten this year so far while Waterford have been well beaten in their last 2 games by Antrim (a) and at home by London last Sunday. I'm actually struggling to work out why the handicap is only 2 points, I personally had it down for about 6 points

Good call, I suppose the home advantage and a Waterford bounceback might be factors, but Leitrim are a good side.

They're -3 on PaddyPower now, I'm backing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Is Portumna -5 @ 11/10 the lump of the year against Mt Leinster rangers? I know Mount Leinster have done well to get here but Croke Park should be a different kettle of fish and Portumna should be able to open them up. I would have had the handicap at around 9 points myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Any tips for hurler of the year? Was looking at paddy power odds and Colin Fenelly is 25/1 thats not bad at all.

deadybai wrote: »
    Any tips for hurler of the year? Was looking at paddy power odds and Colin Fenelly is 25/1 thats not bad at all.

Ladbrokes only place quoting odds atm according to Betfair, with Fennelly at 20/1.

It really depends on who you think will win the All-Ireland.

If Clare win the AI again, it is very very likely that the likes of Podge Collins and Tony Kelly will be key players, and with Conor McGrath in superb form atm, he could be a good outside bet. Conor McGrath is only 16/1 atm, but Podge is 25/1 which is excellent odds considering he is probably the smartest hurler outside of Henry Shefflin in the country.

If KK win, obviously Colin Fennelly is a good bet, looks to be in good form and could be their answer at centre-forward. Would never write off Shefflin either, Richie Hogan at 18/1 and Paul Murphy @ 20/1- he's a top class hurler.

Outside of those 2 teams, I'd probably look at:

Danny Sutcliffe @20/1
    Pat Horgan @12/1
    Mickey Cahill @33/1
    Kevin Moran @40/1
    Paul Browne @66/1
    Kevin Downes @40/1

All of those stand-out players for teams who have an outside shot at an All-Ireland. It really is much too early to say but if I was to pick Kilkenny for the All-Ireland (probably my current favourites), I'd be backing Paul Murphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Ladbrokes only place quoting odds atm according to Betfair, with Fennelly at 20/1.

It really depends on who you think will win the All-Ireland.

If Clare win the AI again, it is very very likely that the likes of Podge Collins and Tony Kelly will be key players, and with Conor McGrath in superb form atm, he could be a good outside bet. Conor McGrath is only 16/1 atm, but Podge is 25/1 which is excellent odds considering he is probably the smartest hurler outside of Henry Shefflin in the country.

If KK win, obviously Colin Fennelly is a good bet, looks to be in good form and could be their answer at centre-forward. Would never write off Shefflin either, Richie Hogan at 18/1 and Paul Murphy @ 20/1- he's a top class hurler.

Outside of those 2 teams, I'd probably look at:

Danny Sutcliffe @20/1
    Pat Horgan @12/1
    Mickey Cahill @33/1
    Kevin Moran @40/1
    Paul Browne @66/1
    Kevin Downes @40/1

All of those stand-out players for teams who have an outside shot at an All-Ireland. It really is much too early to say but if I was to pick Kilkenny for the All-Ireland (probably my current favourites), I'd be backing Paul Murphy.

Yeah I was backing him to win it at the start of the year and he played class yesterday. Hes always been some hurler. If he doesnt win it this year he will before his career is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Browney7 wrote: »
    Is Portumna -5 @ 11/10 the lump of the year against Mt Leinster rangers? I know Mount Leinster have done well to get here but Croke Park should be a different kettle of fish and Portumna should be able to open them up. I would have had the handicap at around 9 points myself.

Not the sure thing I thought it would be but got there in the end with 2 points to spare. Phew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Anyone backing Dublin on handicap vs Longford in the 21s tonight?

Handicap opened at -5 and I got stuck into it. At -7 now.

Longford are nothing special apart from Robbie Smyth & this Dublin team is highly rated even by their normally cautious/poor-mouth supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Anyone backing Dublin on handicap vs Longford in the 21s tonight?

Handicap opened at -5 and I got stuck into it. At -7 now.

Longford are nothing special apart from Robbie Smyth & this Dublin team is highly rated even by their normally cautious/poor-mouth supporters.

Won by 10, meath next. Should win that one 5+ as well

Anything standing out in the hurling at the weekend? I suppose a lot will depend on who needs results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Anything standing out in the hurling at the weekend? I suppose a lot will depend on who needs results

Dublin are over-priced at 6/4, Tipp may be short a number of important players on Sunday through injury. Even with a full Tipp team Dublin would be too big at 6/4 in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Galway worth a bet at 5/2 with Boyles. They need the points, Clare dont and are already through. Wouldnt be going nuts or anything but its nice price for a team needing to win to ensure a QF place

• Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

Antrim are definetly worth a punt this weekend against Offaly. Both teams are in the relegation playoff in a few weeks and this is a dead rubber match, and so Brian Whelehan has named basicly a second string team with 12 changes from the team that drew with Limerick.
    Shane dooley starts but is not fully fit and I presume is being started to give him game time and they seem a bit light up front in terms of fire power. Quirke look like one for the future but has yet to prove it at this level.

At 6/1 with PP Antrim are worth a few quid, I'm not familiar with their team but against this offaly team they should not be that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

londan playing carlow in that postponed game at 2pm, pity as 4/7 rather than 10/11 back for orginal fixture

manafana wrote: »
    londan playing carlow in that postponed game at 2pm, pity as 4/7 rather than 10/11 back for orginal fixture

Is London -2 6/5 value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Is London -2 6/5 value?

Serious value, I logged on just to recommend that bet while it's still available. I have a lot of money on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

manafana wrote: »

11/10 they were, and I made a serious bet on it at the time. Game got called off & bet got refunded. London -2 at 6/5 is an absolute steal today tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Anywhere to get updates on this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

London 1-6 Carlow 0-2 20m gone

London 2-6 Carlow 0-4 Half Time:

Result London 2-7 Carlow 0-13 AllianzLeagues

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

Looking at clare kilkenny double today.....looks good

Overs in the KK-Waterford game

Total points over 43.5
    Waterford points over 19.5
    Waterford goals over 1.5

KevIRL wrote: »
    Overs in the KK-Waterford game

Total points over 43.5
    Waterford points over 19.5
    Waterford goals over 1.5

Do you expect Waterford to open up today? 3 of their 4 games to date have seen the total score come in under 40 points. Fair enough Clare ripped them apart in the first half last week, but will the fact that Waterford conceded so much last week not see them return to a safety first game today against a potent Kilkenny forward line?

Do you expect Waterford to open up today? 3 of their 4 games to date have seen the total score come in under 40 points. Fair enough Clare ripped them apart in the first half last week, but will the fact that Waterford conceded so much last week not see them return to a safety first game today against a potent Kilkenny forward line?

Can definitely see more scores today, sod is firming up for one reason - Walsh Park was in shocking condition for the games v Dublin and Galway. Also Dublin game was impacted by Brick Walsh sending off. Heard from a source as well that Waterford going looking for some goals today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

followmeup wrote: »
    Antrim are definetly worth a punt this weekend against Offaly. Both teams are in the relegation playoff in a few weeks and this is a dead rubber match, and so Brian Whelehan has named basicly a second string team with 12 changes from the team that drew with Limerick.
    Shane dooley starts but is not fully fit and I presume is being started to give him game time and they seem a bit light up front in terms of fire power. Quirke look like one for the future but has yet to prove it at this level.

At 6/1 with PP Antrim are worth a few quid, I'm not familiar with their team but against this offaly team they should not be that price.

Sorry to anyone who followed this, turns out Antrim only brought 19 players to Tullamore, and judging by the half time score I'm sure its not their best 19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement