Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dublin still 6/4 to be relegated despite losing the toss for home advantage to waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

KevIRL wrote: »
    Dublin still 6/4 to be relegated despite losing the toss for home advantage to waterford

I'd fully expect Dublin to beat Waterford judging by the relative games yesterday. Waterford were terrible, Dublin quite unlucky I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'd fully expect Dublin to beat Waterford judging by the relative games yesterday. Waterford were terrible, Dublin quite unlucky I thought

Indeed and Dublin rightly favs now in the match betting but prices not as good as above.

Wat 5/4 dub 8/11 to win the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Freeman anytime @ 12/5
    Mayo/Dublin over 3.5 goals @ 2/1

Two bets that look promising for tomorrow. Freeman has history both in league and championship against Dublin and looks to be hitting some goalscoring form atm. Two already in the league but he had a number of chances to get more against Cork with the chances Mayo created especially in the first half. But with that comes the chances given away at the other end. Mayo full line has been leaky this year and the Dubs should/ probably will have plenty opportunities to get a couple of goals. Expect an open game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What odds on Antrim beating Offaly in Ballycastle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Orizio wrote: »
    What odds on Antrim beating Offaly in Ballycastle.

3/1, terrible price.

Considered Cork odds against v Tipp. But weighing up the factors siding with Tipp. Think last weekend's win might provide that confidence boost Tipp have been desperately looking for. Cork's full back line is the most inexperienced one I think I've ever seen line out for them, and on one occasion this year we saw Tipp cut loose, they have that potential.

At home as well. Tipp -1 1/1 (Bet 365) the bet

Considered Cork odds against v Tipp. But weighing up the factors siding with Tipp. Think last weekend's win might provide that confidence boost Tipp have been desperately looking for. Cork's full back line is the most inexperienced one I think I've ever seen line out for them, and on one occasion this year we saw Tipp cut loose, they have that potential.

At home as well. Tipp -1 1/1 (Bet 365) the bet

That one came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Anyone know why donegal are priced as strong favs for game vs Armagh in the u21 championship Wednesday night. Looks a closer game on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

tipp are 11/8 against Wicklow at home on sunday, any body know why?
    derry are +6 against mayo, have they named a weak team?

• Advertisement

glanlea wrote: »

Tipp are guaranteed promotion, Wicklow need to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

glanlea wrote: »

They've qualified for the league semis with a game to spare so have made 14 changes to the starting team, wouldn't touch them.

Wicklow and Clare both odds against to win tomorrow.

Mayo in a similar position (though at home) are 1/10 on. Think both are value, especially Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

Wicklow and Clare both odds against to win tomorrow.

Mayo in a similar position (though at home) are 1/10 on. Think both are value, especially Clare.

Clare look a great price, Antrim make 5 changes aswell! Maybe in with Fermanagh and Monaghan! Wicklow might be dodgy, tho tipp have made 14 changes apparently?

Clare look a great price, Antrim make 5 changes aswell! Maybe in with Fermanagh and Monaghan! Wicklow might be dodgy, tho tipp have made 14 changes apparently?

Can;t find a team for Tipp. Manager talked the talk during the week, but they have to be mindful of the u21 Munster final in the middle of next week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

Can;t find a team for Tipp. Manager talked the talk during the week, but they have to be mindful of the u21 Munster final in the middle of next week as well.

Clare in particular I would fancy! Been good throughout and have an eye for goal, would think podge Collins will come in early if not start aswell! Says above about tipp changes but difficult to know, there manager said something about preparing for the final next week, most likely leave Wicklow out myself

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Tipp were as big as 13/8 a few days ago, but are now 10/11 favourites. What's going on here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Tipp were as big as 13/8 a few days ago, but are now 10/11 favourites. What's going on here?

well spotted grattan.. also following that change myself..almost total team change.. 21s playing mid week and nothing to play for ..!very strange indeed.

rambojon wrote: »
    well spotted grattan.. also following that change myself..almost total team change.. 21s playing mid week and nothing to play for ..!very strange indeed.

Not convinced about this total team change. The post aboves is in relation to Derry, haven't seen anything on a Tipp lineout and the soundings are they'll name a decent team.

But no matter what they say, motivation has to be a factor and it's all Wicklow in that respect. Tipp might even prefer playing Wicklow next weekend, though not sure that's a factor in this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Not convinced about this total team change. The post aboves is in relation to Derry, haven't seen anything on a Tipp lineout and the soundings are they'll name a decent team.

But no matter what they say, motivation has to be a factor and it's all Wicklow in that respect. Tipp might even prefer playing Wicklow next weekend, though not sure that's a factor in this.
    Yes mountain your correct to correct me.. Simply find it hard to think u would drive on for a dead rubber game for Tipp. Having already qual is certainly be giving fringe players reward for winters graft and opportunity to enhance reps.. Just my honest opinion .
    Just red creedons comments about letting off the u21s involved to conc on mid week.. Any idea how many that would be...? He's certainly indicating a strong line out!

• Advertisement

rambojon wrote: »
    Yes mountain your correct to correct me.. Simply find it hard to think u would drive on for a dead rubber game for Tipp. Having already qual is certainly be giving fringe players reward for winters graft and opportunity to enhance reps.. Just my honest opinion .
    Just red creedons comments about letting off the u21s involved to conc on mid week.. Any idea how many that would be...? He's certainly indicating a strong line out!

The ones that played last weekend would be Ian Fahey, Michael Quinlivan and Stephen O Brien. Not sure if Barry Grogan is back either this weekend. I guess as a manager you don't go into a game saying we couldn't care less.

Double of Wicklow 6/5
    Clare 1/1

Odds 3.4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

In the football Clare football should beat antrim surely!??? Clare need to win to guarantee promotional second spot ...

Anyone any insight to this game!?? Thinking of absolutely lumping on it odds 11/10

The ones that played last weekend would be Ian Fahey, Michael Quinlivan and Stephen O Brien. Not sure if Barry Grogan is back either this weekend. I guess as a manager you don't go into a game saying we couldn't care less.

Double of Wicklow 6/5
    Clare 1/1

Odds 3.4/1

:D How about that Wicklow, finally something like that in my favour. Nice win

Derry should not be 7/4 outsiders against Mayo in Croker. Scrap Mayo's 8point win last week that doesnt count for nothing given the circumstances and Derry's squad selection.

Definite Value on Derry win theyve had a sensational league campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    Derry should not be 7/4 outsiders against Mayo in Croker. Scrap Mayo's 8point win last week that doesnt count for nothing given the circumstances and Derry's squad selection.

Definite Value on Derry win theyve had a sensational league campaign.

Mayo will win comfortably IMO

seanhynes wrote: »

:eek::eek:On what basis:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Only if they hit the ground running and don't let their guard down before the end of the match which has been the biggest issue in the league campaign especially conceding goals. Derry only had 1 player from there supposed 15 in McGuckin and he caused all sorts of problems when moved inside. It will be different match than last week and I expect a close game, perhaps even a draw

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Only if they hit the ground running and don't let their guard down before the end of the match which has been the biggest issue in the league campaign especially conceding goals. Derry only had 1 player from there supposed 15 in McGuckin and he caused all sorts of problems when moved inside. It will be different match than last week and I expect a close game, perhaps even a draw

Every mayo person ive spoken to seems to think this is a formality and they are guaranteed passage to the final, have no idea where they are getting this from :eek: ....

Your right, it should be a very very close game, both sides can win it.

There is definite value on a Derry win at nearly 2/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

As mentioned before but on what basis do you think Mayo will win comfortably?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Mayo have a very good record in the semis of the league ,Theyv been in a lot more big games than Derry and have more experience from the last couple of years ,derry yes there playing well but I'd expect Mayo to up their intensity a gear in the semis. Comfortably was the wrong word but I'd expect to have 3-4 points to spare .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement