Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet problem

• 06-08-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭

My internet browser seems to have un-installed itself. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

ryanf1 wrote: »
    My internet browser seems to have un-installed itself. Any ideas on how to fix this?

what browser was it? not wanting to state the obvious but you can just download from the website.. be it google or microsoft of firefox etc.. if your using ms outlook dont use google chrome browser though, it breaks it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Maybe the OP means he has no other internet browser on the PC.
    In which case you need to get another PC to download the browser you require. Save the exe file to disk or USb & install it on your own PC.
    Whats the issue with Chrome & outlook? I have no issues while running both.

koolkid wrote: »
    In which case you need to get another PC to download the browser you require. Save the exe file to disk or USb & install it on your own PC.

the specific issue is that chrome can remove a registry key (too lazy to dig out linky but should be able to find it online) which means hyperlinks within ms outlook email messages cannot be opened.. this is so common ive seen it in several different offices.. the only fix is to remove chrome and re install ie or else import registry keys from working pc, but this isnt always successful

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So is it only if IE is uninstalled?
    I have both (and others ) installed.

So is it only if IE is uninstalled?
    I have both (and others ) installed.

the cases ive seen have both installed - the specifics seem to be IE7, office 2003 / outlook and chrome.. im not sure if any other variables or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

If he doesnt have a browser ow is he posting on this ?
    Only Jokin:P

On his mobile or maybe from cafe...?:)
    Think we've covered a few options for him either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Is it IE you've lost? Sorry to break it to you, but this isn't a problem, this is a blessing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Its IE7 and their is no other browser on it so I cant get online to download a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

What OS are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

What OS are you using?
    Windows 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Can you do a system restore to the day before the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Assuming Win7 comes with a command line ftp client, you could get
    http://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/1060/en/Opera_1060_en_Setup.exe
    for example

[edit]just tried XP's ftp, both opera and firefox need PASV mode and the ftp client doesn't do it :-((

Advertisement