Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion

Options
  • 06-08-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Okay, I know a lot of people get stuck in a routine of eating the same dinners every week so hopefully this thread will give us all some useful ideas or something to laugh at.

If you see something you'd like to try ask the poster to post a recipe in another thread :)

This is of course from our beloved "Here's what I had for dinner last night" thread.

However lately (and I mean the last couple of months) there has been a bit of an influx of posts repeating the same dinners over and over again, including photos. It actually makes me less inclined to post in that thread.

So the suggestion is just a gentle reminder to us all (myself included) that the thread is there so that we can give one another a few fresh ideas for dinner. Every meal doesn't need to be gourmet, but if I have eaten the same thing five nights in a row...frankly nobody needs to know that.

Cheers to everyone on the forum for that being a consistently enjoyable thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

May I hijack this thread to make another observation?

There is a perfectly good 'cake and pie' sub forum and a 'snacks and sweets' sub forum. It would be great if people used these sub forums rather than the 'cooking and recipes' sub forum for such threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks n-p, I fully agree. Time to get back to the spirit of the OP.

tbr, good point. If you, or anyone else, sees a post that you think belongs somewhere else - report it and one of us Mods will make a call on it.

Thanks,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think it would be nice if we had a one-small-photo-per-post-only rule.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd agree there too TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

So the suggestion is just a gentle reminder to us all (myself included) that the thread is there so that we can give one another a few fresh ideas for dinner. Every meal doesn't need to be gourmet, but if I have eaten the same thing five nights in a row...frankly nobody needs to know that.

I've edited neuro's post to reiterate the above, my request is could this be a rule as well as the photo rule? Repetition adds nothing to the thread imo.

Thanks,
    Boodles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I'm in agreement with the one-photo idea.

However I'm not sure this suggestion has hit the mark, judging by the thread in question. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks for the feedback folks. I think we've gotten what we needed from this thread. Feel free to PM me or the other mods if you have anything more to add.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement