Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you become old?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

FearDark wrote: »
    Im 27, I feel like i should stop pissing around ya know... and then I think fúck it, lets keep partying.

I know im old because I find myself smiling indulgently at statments like that, as in i remember those good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Eventually you turn into your worst nightmare.
    Like your parents or a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

marbar wrote: »
    maybe when i started to hate teenagers

I thought it was when you grumbled about things like dreadlocks, hippies and skateboards until my friends pointed out that I hated them more when I was 19...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fcuk it, I'm 36 and have never felt younger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Age is only a state of mind OP:D

The music on the radio now is insanely talentless rubbish.
    Its not like it used to be.
    Proper songs, with words and singing.
    All they do now is jibber away over a tune.
    I can't be asked to listen to it any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

All went downhill after 21.

Turn your I-thing down as well, its rattling my dentures.
    No consideration for other people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

It was the same in "naughties" and for the mostpart of the 90's. Shít sells, and people are getting dumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

Turn your I-thing down as well, its rattling my dentures.
    No consideration for other people.

hahhaah
    am i the only one worried about my hearing!
    these people are doing damage to themselves

god its all over for me isnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Are you sure you aren't just remembering the good music that was previously played on the radio?
    The music that is now played on the radio is rubbish of course, but that doesn't mean there isn't a small amount of good music getting through.

So basically in 10 years people will look back on now and more see the good artists, as opposed to the bad ones.

Also, Jedward are number one in the album charts for the second week running...

• Advertisement

So true
    Crystal Swing and Daniel O'Donell.
    How can a working musician compete with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Are you sure you aren't just remembering the good music that was previously played on the radio?
    The music that is now played on the radio is rubbish of course, but that doesn't mean there isn't a small amount of good music getting through.

So basically in 10 years people will look back on now and more see the good artists, as opposed to the bad ones.

Also, Jedward are number one in the album charts for the second week running...

Said like a true auld one

There are some truely amazing new voices out there, but so much crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

catthinkin wrote: »
    Said like a true auld one

Takes one to know one. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

gogo wrote: »
    When the idea of camping, and camping at a music festival at that, horrified me.
    Yeah, there is no way I am going to Electric Picnic - although my friends my age are all heading. Again. No matter how great the reports are each year though, they just cannot persuade me to go.
    Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Is it?

Ah fcuk, I'm old at 25 then. :o
    I'm kinda all drunk out at 25, had enough drunk to last a lifetime (almost).
    Ah no, just my take. :D
    I still love going out, I just don't get freaked out by the thought of not doing so every weekend. It's more of a novelty when it's not a weekly event anyway. That's the way things were when I was 17 so in a way, I'm regressing to my yoof. :pac:
    Eventually you turn into your worst nightmare.
    Like your parents or a mod.
    I had a mid-life crisis and ditched modding to be down with the regular user kids. :cool:
    Although every generation says that about the younger generation's music, I think, objectively, that's never been more true than today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

when i seen one of my youngest relatives, who i held as a baby, heading out for the night, or even bumping into her on a night out.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

When you get a shed and start to think all kinda of things could go on in there but some never make it. Then theres the fitting out ohh I could go on all night about me and my shed !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Chorcai wrote: »
    When you get a shed and start to think all kinda of things could go on in there but some never make it. Then theres the fitting out ohh I could go on all night about me and my shed !

Its when you starts obsessing about tidying the shed that you are truly middle aged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Joan Fontaine

A better question would be 'when did I know I was old?' and that was when I realised i was reading boards.ie at 1.55am instead of being out partying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

When did I become old?
    The day I married my first wife!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

When you start to feel sore in random places for no obvious reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

When i started to sit down to have a pee:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

When you recognise the same thread for the millionth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

When you can no longer lie to yourself that somday you are going to achive anything of any consequence in the wolrd and when people who wernt alive when Packie Bonner saved that penalty in 1990 are legaly allowed drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

When I saw young people and thought; "I ought to club them and eat their bones."

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭thebigleap

When my godson started college...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Reasons why I should feel old;

- I have a shed with a stick in it for mixing paint. In fact, I have several sticks - one for gloss paint, one for emulsion & one for varnish. I also have a lawnmower & when I see better lawnmowers, I get "lawnmower envy".

- These days, when I talk about "nice grass", it's not about weed, but the quality of someone's lawn.

- I'm forever turning off lights in rooms that nobody is in.

- In winter, I check the radiators to see if they need bleeding.

- I remember what 7" singles were.

- I still have a "tape collection".

- I hate self service checkouts as they confuse me.

- I remember a time when there were television repair men.

- I can't remember any more reasons why I should feel old, but I know there are loads more.

The reason why I don't feel old;

- Because I'm not. Not really. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

When I say 'kids these days' I remember my auntie and stuff saying that about my generation. I'm only 18 and every time I see younger teenagers it disgusts me, why don't they play tip the can or curbs its all about how many have you kissed or had sex with ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

alpha2010 wrote: »
    When I say 'kids these days' I remember my auntie and stuff saying that about my generation. I'm only 18 and every time I see younger teenagers it disgusts me, why don't they play tip the can or curbs its all about how many have you kissed or had sex with ..
    Ah Jesus, were younger teens "in your day" (way back through the mists of time in 2005/6) just playing tip the can...? There's something so, so wrong about an 18-year-old saying "kids these days".

Once again, the oldies of Boards have come out younger than the younglings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

When the wife said, Lets go upstairs and make love, and I replied, I can't do both

Advertisement