Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap printers in galway

Options
  • 06-08-2010 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hey, I was just wondering does anyone know of any cheap printers in Galway, and how much it is per page? will have to get about 400 pages printed out for the dissertation soon, and was curious is there anywhere cheap I can get it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

iSupply are very obliging.

Sliding scale, going down with volume. Can't remember the exact figures, but it starts at 10c for up to (umm, 100 maybe?) pages, and goes down. And the staff are really helpful.

Also think about what other services you need, eg binding, making a cover etc. Check out how much the printing place up near the university costs, I don't much like their branch in town but the university one is well used to projects like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

where is isupply? I think I am going to get it binded with jfk bookbinders on the sandy road, they quoted me a price well below kenny's. just need to find somewhere that will be fairly cheap for printing pages, got quoted 10c a page so far with blueprint in liosbaun, just wana see is there any better prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

iSupply are almost directly across from the university entrance on St. Mary's Rd, (or were anyway) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use the iSupply office on Druid Lane (off Quay street beside the Quays Pub); the people working in there are as obliging and helpful as you will find anywhere, and their pricing is good. They also tend to have a fast turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Buy a cheap Laser Printer, you'll have it for again instead of spending €40 now on printing one document. NOt exactly what you want but another option none the less

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

telepylus wrote: »
    hey, I was just wondering does anyone know of any cheap printers in Galway, and how much it is per page? will have to get about 400 pages printed out for the dissertation soon, and was curious is there anywhere cheap I can get it done?

The university itself? 12c per double-sided page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

ya i supply best printer very reasonable

spender.j wrote: »
    iSupply are almost directly across from the university entrance on St. Mary's Rd, (or were anyway) :)

I don't think that's iSupply ... 'tis the other company with the friendly university branch and unfriendly town branch.

iSupply are in Druid's Lane (technically called something else, but you get the idea) or Sea Rd.

it can't be double sided unfortunetely. The university itself charges 8c a page which is pretty good, haven't found cheaper, but they said it has to be printed on 100g minimum paper, but I am not sure what weight paper the University uses, probably the standard 80g stuff? Would it be cheaper to buy the 100g paper and print it off in Uni or would there be cheaper places? thanks for all the help

You could check out prices at Easons and Amazon (don't forget to check freight charges with the latter), but a company that buys in bulk can almost certainly get the heavier-weight paper cheaper than you can. And they can sell you exactly the amount you need.

Hint: give them plenty of warning that the job is coming (so they have the paper in stock), and allow 2-3 days for the printing process. You know how long it takes to photocopy 10 pages - well multiply that by 40 and it's not a quick job. This fact alone means that DIY on the university printers won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

it can't be double sided unfortunetely. The university itself charges 8c a page which is pretty good, haven't found cheaper, but they said it has to be printed on 100g minimum paper, but I am not sure what weight paper the University uses, probably the standard 80g stuff? Would it be cheaper to buy the 100g paper and print it off in Uni or would there be cheaper places? thanks for all the help

Where are your classmates getting it done?

they are mostly getting it done in Kenny's bookbinders, where its 15c a page which I think is a bit dear. Most of them are getting it binded with them too, but it works out at 40 euros for a hardback binded, or I think 35 for soft bound, whereas JFK bookbinders is only 28 for hard/12 for soft, BUT they don't do the printing, you have to bring it in yourself.

Yeh that's a good point justmary, it would be really time-consuming alright. Am just in a pickle because it is either going to be time-consuming (print myself and go to JFK) or bite the bullet and fork out way more and get it done with Kenny's... Aaaah I need help haha

... either going to be time-consuming (print myself and go to JFK) or bite the bullet and fork out way more and get it done with Kenny's... Aaaah I need help haha

Or option three: print it at iSupply or the place opposite the university and take it to JFK.

Just make sure that you plan how to transport it between them so you're 100% certain that the pages are in the right order and perfect condition when you get there. (A ream of paper is 500 sheets. You know how thick that is. You're talking 400, but they will be thicker than your average ream of 80gm, and won't be packed as tightly 'cos they've just gone thru a printer.)

That is true alright, it's going to be a big bundle of pages. may bring a box of something, hopefully it isnt raining too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

iSupply usually have 100g paper in stock in Druid Lane. Kelly Office Supplies also stock it, as do the Office Shop opposite Debenhams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Id recoommend Kennys in Liosbaun, they gave me a very good deal on getting my thesis printed nd bound with them. You dont get unless you ask, thats my moto!

Advertisement