Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocky Road Bars

Options
  • 07-08-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Anyone have a tried and tested rocky road recipe? I tried nigella's and found it to be too greasy :( thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I just melt a couple of huge bars of chocolate and stir in lots of broken digestive biscuits, mini marshmallows and either raisins or dried cranberries. I spread it into a swiss roll tin that has been greased and lined with clingfilm and leave it to set (you have to grease it so the clingfilm won't slip). You can put whatever you like into it.
    Milka chocolate is particularly nice for making rocky road.

If you're into chocolatey things here's a good recipe for tiffin:

200g/8oz Digestive Bisuits
    100g/4oz butter, plus extra for greasing
    3 tbsp Golden syrup
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    50g/2oz raisins
    100g/4oz dark chocolate

1. Butter an 18cm/7in sandwich tin. Seal biscuits in a polythene bag and bash into uneven crumbs with a rolling pin.
    2. Melt the butter and syrup, stir in the cocoa and raisins, then thoroughly stir in the biscuit crumbs. Spoon into the tin and press down firmly with the bottom of a glass.
    3. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Spread over the biscuit base and chill for about half and hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Mine is the same as Dizzyblondes but I add in glace cherries and crushed almonds (sometimes salted peanuts - wierd but yum).

I think the secret is to use good chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Thanks Dizzyblonde and Dinkie, will try the salted peanuts sounds great!

Advertisement