Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Module assessment query

Options
  • 07-08-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi there

Been looking into my optional modules for my second year arts course, in some of the 'how will i be assessed' sections some are suggesting ''MCQ and short Q&A''.

What exactly is the Q&A? Is it verbal on a one to one basis or a written type of assessment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    Hi there

Been looking into my optional modules for my second year arts course, in some of the 'how will i be assessed' sections some are suggesting ''MCQ and short Q&A''.

What exactly is the Q&A? Is it verbal on a one to one basis or a written type of assessment?

Thanks

Is it a language module?
    If not, it's bollocks. Don't go by those module descriptors they're nearly all wrong, it'll probably be an exam of some sort, maybe in class or in the rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

El Siglo wrote: »
    Is it a language module?
    If not, it's bollocks. Don't go by those module descriptors they're nearly all wrong, it'll probably be an exam of some sort, maybe in class or in the rds.

Cheers, it was under a politics and geography module discription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    Cheers, it was under a politics and geography module discription.

If it's a geography module, tell me the name of it and I'll tell you what to expect. I finished the BA in gpep last year so hopefully things haven't changed too dramatically!

Advertisement