Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck in school uniform in my dreams

Options
  • 07-08-2010 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

I have been driven demented by recurrent dreams for the past few months.

I am in old school uniform (I am now well into my 30s), with difficult relationships and situations with old school friends. For the first couple of months I was doing the leaving cert all over again, yet trying to convince people that I had actually done it, and never needed to do maths again. In fact I was trying to tell them I had a degree, but I could not get away from this.

Another part of this same dream was having to go on stage suddenly to do a role I had done previously (in real life), yet because it had been years since I had done this play, I urgently needed to see a copy of the script before I went onstage and could not find one. The sense of overwhelm and panic revisits me everynight.

I got to the stage where I willed myself to realiase this was just a dream when I was dreaming it. It worked to a certain extent. I am no longer dreaming about the leaving cert. But I am still wearing that horrible uniform, and now I am telling my old schoolfriends in the dream that I have dreamt this before!!

The play that I need to get in costume for and find the script part of the dream is still continuing. Also my dad, who died many years ago, features in the dream as does a certain part of Ireland that I spent a few years in.

I feel very disturbed after a night of these dreams. Going on for months now. Sometimes I dread going to sleep, I hate these dreams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 J1

Hi

I use to have a very similiar dream right up to the degree thing. The only difference was it was English for me and not maths. I think it is suppose to show some level of anxiety you are experiencing in your waking life. Is there something that you are worried about? Something that you are not sure if you can do and are worried about whether you are capable or not - could be job related, new relationship or new stage in it, having a child, moving house etc.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Darlughda wrote: »
    I have been driven demented by recurrent dreams for the past few months.

I am in old school uniform (I am now well into my 30s), with difficult relationships and situations with old school friends. For the first couple of months I was doing the leaving cert all over again, yet trying to convince people that I had actually done it, and never needed to do maths again. In fact I was trying to tell them I had a degree, but I could not get away from this.

Another part of this same dream was having to go on stage suddenly to do a role I had done previously (in real life), yet because it had been years since I had done this play, I urgently needed to see a copy of the script before I went onstage and could not find one. The sense of overwhelm and panic revisits me everynight.

I got to the stage where I willed myself to realiase this was just a dream when I was dreaming it. It worked to a certain extent. I am no longer dreaming about the leaving cert. But I am still wearing that horrible uniform, and now I am telling my old schoolfriends in the dream that I have dreamt this before!!

The play that I need to get in costume for and find the script part of the dream is still continuing. Also my dad, who died many years ago, features in the dream as does a certain part of Ireland that I spent a few years in.

I feel very disturbed after a night of these dreams. Going on for months now. Sometimes I dread going to sleep, I hate these dreams.
    You are possibly not 100% happy with your academic achievements and career. Looks like a part-time drama course would fix your dreams!

Advertisement