Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating 3 subjects in the LC

• 07-08-2010 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am wanting to go back and repeat 3 subjects in my LC. I want to join the AGS ( the guards) and need maths and 2 languages which I don't have.

My question is, how do I go about doing this? I know that is a broad question but any help is great!

I'm living in Limerick city right now and am 21 years old.

Also I am currently on JSA, I have been on it a few months now and want to get a job, obviously if I am studying for my LC job prospects aren't great, so while I am studying will I be allowed to keep my benefits? I have always wanted to go for the AGS and now seems like a good time seeing as other jobs are scarce. I was always put off because I didn't qualify without the LC subjects.

I want to do it in a year, would this be possible? Also I cannot afford private schools, so this is out the window =/

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Just want to follow my dreams for once and get off the JSA :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Well, I've got family members in the Gardaí and they all say its next to impossible getting into the Gaurds without a degree of some sort. I think anyone's allowed go back to school regardless of age (could be wrong here) but its up to the principal whether or not he'll take you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact your local VEC and ask to speak to the Adult Education Officer, or go in to your local VEC school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

spurious wrote: »
    Contact your local VEC and ask to speak to the Adult Education Officer, or go in to your local VEC school.

Thanks spurious will do, I think the one in Limericks is on sexton street so ill take a visit to them on monday.

Well, I've got family members in the Gardaí and they all say its next to impossible getting into the Gaurds without a degree of some sort. I think anyone's allowed go back to school regardless of age (could be wrong here) but its up to the principal whether or not he'll take you.

Having a degree does not increase your chances of becoming a guard. All it does it start you off on a higher pay grade.

Also I don't think I will be going back to school :P I just want to do a night / day course and sit the 2 or3 exams I need in June 2011

Advertisement