Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Cup 2010 Semi Finals.

Options
  • 07-08-2010 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Leeds v Saints today at 2.30 and Warrington v Catalans tomorrow at 3.30.

2 tough matches, I fancy Saints to finally beat Leeds in a meaningful match, it's been a while. :pac:
    Just can't see Catalans doing much tomorrow, once Warrington keep their heads I'd have said they have to win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

amacachi wrote: »
    Leeds v Saints today at 2.30 and Warrington v Catalans tomorrow at 3.30.

2 tough matches, I fancy Saints to finally beat Leeds in a meaningful match, it's been a while. :pac:
    Just can't see Catalans doing much tomorrow, once Warrington keep their heads I'd have said they have to win.

Hope we get a classic at Headingley today, I think Leeds might just shade it, but a total 50/50 game. As for tomorrow, i've a sneaking suspicion the Dragons might just pull of an upset, they're coming into a little form and getting some key players back on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

...and the luck begins already for Leeds. :pac:

Blessed. :pac:

Great match. Bit of madness from Saints robbed a neutral of a thrilling end though tbh. The last two tries were two of the best ya'll see anywhere and was refreshing after watching the fumbling clowns in NZ this morning.

Get in!!! Just booked me tickets for Wembley....fantastic win, really enjoyable game. Once again though, discipline poor and relying too much on the brilliance of individuals like McGuire to see us through. Lost the forward battle as well, and bailey and eastwood continue to be a liability. Buderus astonishingly good today too....roll on the 28th.......

Speaking of the final, I know now to make sure I pass all my exams on the first try next year. :pac:

Guessing you'd prefer Catalans in the final?

• Advertisement

Guessing you'd prefer Catalans in the final?

One part of me says yes, another part says no. No dis-respect to the Catalans but I think a Wire/Leeds final would be a huge occasion and the travelling support for both would be vast and passionate, but if the Dragons win through while it'd be great for them, I think their travelling support would be miniscule, they might struggle on the day and the occasion might suffer.

toomevara wrote: »
    One part of me says yes, another part says no. No dis-respect to the Catalans but I think a Wire/Leeds final would be a huge occasion and the travelling support for both would be vast and passionate, but if the Dragons win through while it'd be great for them, I think their travelling support would be miniscule, they might struggle on the day and the occasion might suffer.

True, I'd rather see a full(ish) Wembley even if I'm not there. I also don't think that Catalans even playing well provides the best spectacle tbh.

Well, all academic now, think we've got a cracking final in prospect, looking forward to some attractive rugby....

Just watched the first half hour then skipped through the rest. Hard to gauge how good Wire were, some beautiful play but one has to wonder how good the Catalans' tackling etc. was.

Hard to gauge how good Wire were, some beautiful play but one has to wonder how good the Catalans' tackling etc. was.

The Catalans were appalling, atrocious display...no defence, no desire, another one of their dire no-shows. Glad they didn't make the final through some miracle as thats what would hsve happened in Wembley making a farce of the occasion....

• Advertisement
Advertisement