Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need To Get Rid Of A Few Books...

• 07-08-2010 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi everyone.. All finished with school now (well no results yet but there's NO way I'm going back!) so needing to get rid of some of my books. Anyone know where is the best place to sell? Tried the bookshop in town but they only took two of them! If anyone here is in need of any PM me or post here.. Tried schoolbookexchange.ie too but no luck with that so any suggestions are very welcome! Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What is your location? You could go to one of the Regional forums and start a thread about "School Book Exchange" - some of the Reg. forums already have a thread/sticky of that nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

What subjects do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hi im looking for school books too. I'm repeating my LC this year (I'll be 21!! :eek:) and really looking to keep costs to a minimum. Im in galway. My subject choices are: Irish (O), Maths (O), Biology (H), Geography (H), Art (H) and Home Economics (H). Please Pm me if you have books that you were planning on dumping. Would be glad to recycle them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

some books have changed like irish and home ec as i have tired selling them but the bookshop owner said that they were an old version

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Thanks for all your replies!
    I might take a look at the regional forums actually thanks for that!
    Here is a list of the books I have if anyone is looking for them:

Le Francais Oral
    Voulez-Vous?
    Text & Tests 3 (Maths)
    Fiuntas 1 (HL Irish)
    Fiuntas 2 (HL Irish)
    Lifelines (Home Ec)
    Language In Focus (English)
    New Senior Biology

Also have some revision books if you want:

Shortcuts to Success: King Lear
    Less Stress More Success Biology
    Less Stress More Success Chemistry
    Rapid Revision Chemistry
    Also chemistry papers up to '10
    Revise Wise Home Ec

Vodkat best of luck with everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Anyone know where I could shift a crap load of insititute notes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

If you live in Dublin, there is a small schoolbook shop across the road from Superquinn in Blanchardstown village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I don't know about the French books but the rest of them, except Language in Focus and possible Biology if it's the new new edition, won't be bought. I know 'cause I tried selling them and was told that they're not on the course any more/there's a new edition.

Don't know about the revision books, the courses haven't changed except for English but King Lear will probably be up again in a few years so they might buy it.

Advertisement