Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Problems with new 250gb xbox

• 07-08-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Is any one else having problems with the new xbox? Mine has been making a rattling sound. It is low but audible. This morning I think it put a scratch in one of my disks. I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure it wasnt scratched before I put it in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

You would know instantly if the Xbox scratched your disc, there would be a perfectly round indentation in it. I personally have had no problems with the slim so far, I have never heard a rattling sound or anything, just fan noise.

Is the sound permanent or only at certain times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

probably something loose in the dvd drive take it back to the shop because it will get worse

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

Is there any way to avoid the red ring of death thingy? A few of my friends have got it in theirs already, is it something to do with how ventilated it is or how cooped up it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

dextero wrote: »
    Is any one else having problems with the new xbox? Mine has been making a rattling sound. It is low but audible. This morning I think it put a scratch in one of my disks. I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure it wasnt scratched before I put it in.
    Yeah im having same problem, this morning it scratched new disc. I am getting onto microsoft about it, last time I had problems with old elite their service was great. Hope its as good this time around, will let u know how i get on.

The_D_Man wrote: »
    Is there any way to avoid the red ring of death thingy? A few of my friends have got it in theirs already, is it something to do with how ventilated it is or how cooped up it is?
    slims and jaspers dont get the rrod anymore just keep it in the open dont block any vents and your good to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Of course you'll hear a rattle if you shake it, it's probably the gyroscope that lets the console know what orientation it's in (horizontal or vertical). Even my old Xenon rattles when I shake it.

It doesn't scratch discs however.

Edit: Also, why did you reply to your own OP and say "yeah, I've got the same problem"? http://i38.tinypic.com/17p9y0.gif

Yeah im having same problem, this morning it scratched new disc. I am getting onto microsoft about it, last time I had problems with old elite their service was great. Hope its as good this time around, will let u know how i get on.
    Did you move the console at all even the slightest movement with a slim and your disc is gone.
    You'd think microsoft would fix it all it takes is a few rubber pads i've already had to do it to 3 slims already

http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=865

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

whatever you do don't move it while its on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Edit: Also, why did you reply to your own OP and say "yeah, I've got the same problem"? http://i38.tinypic.com/17p9y0.gif

Oh you have to email that pic to failblog or something. I chuckled...a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Does it have problems reading discs with scratches on them,a few of my games are 2nd hand & have these.I read on XboxWorld360's twitter the game discs have to be clean for the New Xbox to read them.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Does it have problems reading discs with scratches on them,a few of my games are 2nd hand & have these.I read on XboxWorld360's twitter the game discs have to be clean for the New Xbox to read them.
    well of course they have to be clean dirty discs wont work anybody could tell you that but if a disc worked in your old xbox it will work in your new one

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Of course you'll hear a rattle if you shake it, it's probably the gyroscope that lets the console know what orientation it's in (horizontal or vertical). Even my old Xenon rattles when I shake it.

It doesn't scratch discs however.

One was husband, one was wife, husband needs to get his own login and stop using mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I just got a blue screen in my head ,whats going on :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

One was husband, one was wife, husband needs to get his own login and stop using mine :D

lol, either way I'm glad for the mistake, brightened my day a tad! Would have liked to see it continue on, where you say you were on to Microsoft and they said yadda yadda yadda and then reply to yourself saying "That's exactly what they said to me!"

In any case, I hope you get yer Xbox sorted!

Advertisement