Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games are you going to?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Yep, thats it exactly. The walk from the stadium to Northumberland is ~15mins, so its not too bad. It's just straight down Park Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

so, go to Northumberland,(do a bunk on this), go back a stop to Hale, and then get the train as normal straight to Stansted?

You don't need to do a bunk on anything, the return ticket to Northumberland Park is cheaper than the one to Tottenham Hale. If you get a Northumberland Park ticket it allows you to travel to Tottenham Hale en-route to Northumberland Park. The only restriction is you're not supposed to break your journey (i.e. get off at Tottenham Hale and leave the station) but I do that all the time without getting my tickets checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Haven't been over for a while, going to everton at home and anfield hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Doing Norwich away hopefully as Sister lives there, so free b&b haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

thudd wrote: »
    I have a spare ticket to match against City on the 29th if anyone is interested. Face value, which was £74.50 total so about €90. Physical ticket for West Stand lower. Area 16, Row 6.

This one has been returned to the club, lads. Hopefully the refund process goes smoothly.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Doing Norwich away hopefully as Sister lives there, so free b&b haha.

Me and postie Steve are doing that if you're about for a beer mate? Leaving Stansted at 10:30 to Bishops Stortford to join him on train north.

Me and postie Steve are doing that if you're about for a beer mate? Leaving Stansted at 10:30 to Bishops Stortford to join him on train north.

Nice one mate, I will probably make a weekend of it and head over Friday or Saturday but would be up for a beer definitely. Did you make it to Sunderland that time? never got round to meeting for a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thinking of going to home game versus Southampton on Saturday 22nd march,KO 15.00.does anyone of ye experts know of any reason that the time and date this game might be changed.....thanks.

tippspur wrote: »
    Thinking of going to home game versus Southampton on Saturday 22nd march,KO 15.00.does anyone of ye experts know of any reason that the time and date this game might be changed.....thanks.

Hey mate, if we make it past next round of Europa then it will be moved to Sunday as the second leg of last 16 is on Thursday March 20th. This means unfortunately for you you will not know until end of Feb about date or time, is a bummer but if you are confident we will beat Dnipro book away for Sunday 23rd :)

March TV games haven't been announced yet, be careful there.

• Advertisement

March TV games haven't been announced yet, be careful there.

Thought it would have been announced last week, defo this week I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alant7

Hoping to get a tik for Arsenal game tomorrow.. Bronze members tickets go on sale.. Haven't booked flights as this one will defo be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Just thinking, is there any hotels within walking distance from WHL...starting to think it may be a better option than checking into the Premier at the airport.... be nice to walk from the match next Wednesday straight to the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alant7

I lived in London 2 years & can't think of any hotels near WHL.. then again I never looked so couldn't recommend any

Just thinking, is there any hotels within walking distance from WHL...starting to think it may be a better option than checking into the Premier at the airport.... be nice to walk from the match next Wednesday straight to the hotel.

stay in one at the airport, always the way to go for me unless your on the beer

There's nothing within reasonable walking distance, but a few within a short bus or train journey.

Holiday Inn Walthamstow reached by tube (Victoria Line)

Jury's Inn Islington reachable by bus from around WHL

There's a Travelodge up the train line at Harlow Town and a Premier Inn in Enfield (near Enfield Lock station)

There are also some complete dives near Finsbury Park station that are just a bus journey away, but I'd swerve them if I were you.

John is right, your best bet is to stay out near Stansted. If you can get a decent price the Radisson at Stansted is a very good option, the bar is open until 1:30 most nights ;)

There's nothing within reasonable walking distance, but a few within a short bus or train journey.

Holiday Inn Walthamstow reached by tube (Victoria Line)

Jury's Inn Islington reachable by bus from around WHL

There's a Travelodge up the train line at Harlow Town and a Premier Inn in Enfield (near Enfield Lock station)

There are also some complete dives near Finsbury Park station that are just a bus journey away, but I'd swerve them if I were you.

John is right, your best bet is to stay out near Stansted. If you can get a decent price the Radisson at Stansted is a very good option, the bar is open until 1:30 most nights ;)

Or the holiday inn if things are tight :)

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Hey mate, if we make it past next round of Europa then it will be moved to Sunday as the second leg of last 16 is on Thursday March 20th. This means unfortunately for you you will not know until end of Feb about date or time, is a bummer but if you are confident we will beat Dnipro book away for Sunday 23rd :)
    Thanks KY.I'll bide my time on that one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 southlower13

The Bell and hare has had a makeover they have turned upstairs into a hostel ..honest check on hostel world website can't get any closer than that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Looking for 3 tickets to the Southampton game but only have 2 memberships. Can anyone help us out? Tickets are on sale amarach.

• Advertisement

Undercover wrote: »
    Looking for 3 tickets to the Southampton game but only have 2 memberships. Can anyone help us out? Tickets are on sale amarach.

Where are you based ? PM me if you still need a card !

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Where are you based ? PM me if you still need a card !

Thanks Hatch, picked up two yesterday for us yiddos. The other was for a friend in London who is gonna tag along. He can try on the day if he's still interested. Appreciate the offer all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

there are a few ****ty B&Bs across from Finsbury Park - about 3 miles from WHL

bring a mouse trap

Got my ticket today for the game against Villa on the last day of the season,hope it turns out better than my last trip(The Liverpool disaster)

tippspur wrote: »
    Got my ticket today for the game against Villa on the last day of the season,hope it turns out better than my last trip(The Liverpool disaster)

Am doing that game also aswell as Gooners this coming Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi Folks. We are going over for the Monday night Sunderland game and were going to do the Stadium Tour the next day. Has anyone done the tour and what you think of it?

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Hi Folks. We are going over for the Monday night Sunderland game and were going to do the Stadium Tour the next day. Has anyone done the tour and what you think of it?

Yes have done the tour and it is definitely worth doing i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Gents! Wondering for some help for a friend of mine! His dad turns 60 this month, and has never been to the Lane so he is hoping a trip over would be a nice surprise for him! He is looking at the Villa game, last day of the season...

I know its a big ask but said I'd do my best to help surprise a fellow Spurs fan! Thanks!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Gents! Wondering for some help for a friend of mine! His dad turns 60 this month, and has never been to the Lane so he is hoping a trip over would be a nice surprise for him! He is looking at the Villa game, last day of the season...

I know its a big ask but said I'd do my best to help surprise a fellow Spurs fan! Thanks!

Hey mate, am doing this one myself aswell. At the moment there are 144 tickets available on Stubhub starting at 46 pounds.The thing is he will struggle to get two together and I think a membership number is needed to buy the tickets, but you actually collect the paper ticket on the day at the ground.

• Advertisement

Am doing Liverpool (H) on Aug 31st.

Advertisement