Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flash Pens.

• 07-08-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I am hoping to buy a falsh pen over the next for days for when i start college. I've decided to go for the 8GB pen. I've narrowed by decision down to three different brands:
    SanDisk, Kingstown and PNY.
    The prices are pretty similar so that doesn't help with my decision.

I was just wondering if anyone could advise me on a brand. Also, are the slightly more expensive ones considered to be better or what is the reason that they are more expensive?

Oh and last question, I promise! :cool:
    Some flash pens say that they are compatible with USB 2.0 whereas other say they are USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 compatible. What does this mean?
    I'm using a Windows XP so can anyone advise meon what one is most suitable?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've used SanDisk now for a few years, and despite me dropping, driving over, sitting on them, they still keep going. Any drive which is USB 2.0 will also work with USB 1.0/1.1. Most computers built in the last 5 years will all use USB 2, but an older computer will only have 1.1/1.0 - so if you plug your pendrive into one of those, it'll automatically switch from the high speed 2.0 connection to the slower 1.1/1.0 connection.

With the way prices are at the moment, you should get a 16 Gb. It won't be more than a few Euro more, and you'd have double the capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You might consider the option of getting an SD card and a SD/USB adapter (from a 2euro shop),then you can put it in a camera too.

Advertisement