Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone

Options
  • 07-08-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The three are decent, and i would use either of them. I suppose if im honest though, the e72 is the winner, well for me anyway, as its the one i choose to use the most.

Actually, i thought you were thinking about the C6, why did you change your mind on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

What about the Nokia X6? It has 3G, WiFi, GPS, a 5MP camera and has a capacitive touchscreen (which means a more responsive experience than the N97 mini). All of this and it's cheaper than the N97.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

I went into a Vodafone shop the other day and they had it - don't know why it isn't on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The N97 gets a very bad rep out of there but it seems the mini gets a better review. I haven't had one myself (have a HD2) but maybe have a look at the reviews.. the screen to me is too small (though most things are compared to the HD2 :D)

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/review/2010/01/06/Nokia-N97-Mini/p1

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Well, I have the N97 Mini (8 months)and I cant wait to get rid of it. The mini is also mentioned in the N97 thread it has many of the problems of the big brother N97. the menu/phone freezing, poor reception (metal case on rear), not a very touch sensitive touch screen. But the slide out Keyboard is great

• Advertisement

One thing definitely better with the N97 over the mini is the keypad. Now it might not make too much odds to you not having used either, and starting fresh on the mini, but when i started using the mini, the keypad just didnt do it for me. The lack of the scroll pad and everything altogether just wasnt the same

Similar to the 5800 i suppose, its slightly different software but no major changes. I like the N97's (not love) but everyone is different. AS i said earlier, i much prefer the n97 keypad layout which includes the scroll pad. A lot of people didnt see the need for it, so you might not either. Would be best if you got both in your hands for a bit.

Advertisement