Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC HD Channels, any new ones coming?

• 07-08-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Anyone know if UPC are going to add new HD channels any time soon, I've had the service for about a year now and really thought they'd have added more by now and by more I mean one's you'd actually look at, ITV1 HD (2, 3 & 4 launching soon), Sky One HD, E4 HD Etc. I know Sky won't give the Movie and Sports channels but why don't UPC have the others?

Considering switching to Sky. Imagine how long it will take UPC to add a 3D channel!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭deanh

Sky won't provide any of their HD channels through other operators so presume this will apply to any 3d channel. However, in the U.K., the regulator has forced them to relax this policy but that doesn't mean anything over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

lar77 wrote: »
    Anyone know if UPC are going to add new HD channels any time soon, I've had the service for about a year now and really thought they'd have added more by now and by more I mean one's you'd actually look at, ITV1 HD (2, 3 & 4 launching soon), Sky One HD, E4 HD Etc. I know Sky won't give the Movie and Sports channels but why don't UPC have the others?

Considering switching to Sky. Imagine how long it will take UPC to add a 3D channel!!!

I heard November is when they will add more HD channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

lar77 wrote: »
    Imagine how long it will take UPC to add a 3D channel!!!

If you were to get Sky you would not be able to watch any 3D programming at present. It is for pubs and clubs only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Ranicand wrote: »
    I heard November is when they will add more HD channels.

I heard the same. Dont expect Sky Movies HD as I have read they are never going to release that to 3rd party resellers. UPC seem to be a bit more optimistic about Sky Sports (although their customer service are well known to spout bullsh1t so it might just be to keep the customers happy) but I suppose well have to wait and see.

As for 3D channels, even if UPC could get them I really dont see why anyone would want them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JASON GARVEY1989

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING AGES FOR HD CHANNELS AND WE DIDNT EVEN GET MOST OF DEM SO ID SAY WELL BE WAITING A WHILE ON THE 3D ME PERSONALLY CANT WAIT FOR 3D NO POINT IN HAVING A 3D TV WITH NO CONTENT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads. Or SHOUT for that matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement