Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Ovi app - useless?

Options
  • 07-08-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

so I bought a Nokia E52. Have had E63, E71, E51 in the past. All synced with Outlook either via PC Suite or Ovi.

Have now tried to sync the new one, no good. Created new Ovi account, deleted contacts on phone, cleaned up contacts in Outlook so there is only one merged set (about 4500), the damn phone imported and duplicated them, thus running the memory capacity down to nothing and becoming virtually inoperable. I have now - one set of contacts in outlook, one CSV file of contacts, a complete set of contacts in Gmail, and F*** all contacts in the phone, which is where I want them.

Does any/everybody else feel that Ovi sucks, and that moving to Android is the way forward anyway!

PWR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont have much problems with ovi to be honest, maybe a bit initially but works fine now.

This is a hard thing to try resolve over the internet, kinda need to have the phone etc to see what's going on. Just keep trying it, and you might get it. In future you might find it handier to just back it up to the pc or the ovi online site without using outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I agree that Ovi Suite is crap.
    You can still download PC Suite if thats any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

my opinion of ovi is not a pretty one. the app is bloated and buggy in my experience. it crashes more often than it works. use the original pc suite which can still be downloaded as said above.

as for ovi on the phone itself, i've found again that it's just not smooth and lacks an integrated feel.

over all i feel that nokia have let themselves down badly with the ovi brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

I agree that Ovi Suite is crap.

Agreed!!! as far as apps go its one thing that Apple has done really well. Ovi is just a late imitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Forget about Ovi and Nokia.

"I think the Symbian foundation is just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and ignoring the Android iceberg ahead," the analyst wrote.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/07/12/analyst.warns.symbian.to.lose.share.in.new.study/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

ended up going back to PC suite. Worked 1st time. Ovi is very poor. I am going to change to Android, on a HTC, in the coming months, so will report in on how the same data load gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

tbh never had a problem with ovi suite when i owned 5800/N97

it did everything i need from it the way i needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

PWR wrote: »
    ended up going back to PC suite. Worked 1st time. Ovi is very poor. I am going to change to Android, on a HTC, in the coming months, so will report in on how the same data load gets on.

The HTC eqivalent to Ovi/PC suite is extremely basic and not much less buggy

Advertisement