Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from iPhone 3G to iPhone 4

Options
  • 07-08-2010 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Wondering if any of you have any advice on the following:

I have a 16GB iPhone 3G (currently with O2) and was thinking of upgrading to iPhone 4 (with 3). I'd like to keep my current phone as an iTouch (as it's got 14GB or so of music on it) and create a new user on my iMac for the iPhone 4.

If I do the above am I right to think that I can't bring across my Apps, notes etc that are on the iPhone 3G to the new phone?

Went into a 3 store and they told me that they can move my contacts etc from the existing SIM to the new SIM for the iP4 but I'm wondering about the other stuff? I'll be using the same iTunes accont for both phones - will that allow me to transfer across the Apps and notes?

Thanks for any help on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

avni5 wrote: »
    Wondering if any of you have any advice on the following:

I have a 16GB iPhone 3G (currently with O2) and was thinking of upgrading to iPhone 4 (with 3). I'd like to keep my current phone as an iTouch (as it's got 14GB or so of music on it) and create a new user on my iMac for the iPhone 4.

If I do the above am I right to think that I can't bring across my Apps, notes etc that are on the iPhone 3G to the new phone?

Went into a 3 store and they told me that they can move my contacts etc from the existing SIM to the new SIM for the iP4 but I'm wondering about the other stuff? I'll be using the same iTunes accont for both phones - will that allow me to transfer across the Apps and notes?

Thanks for any help on this.

Yeah, all purchased apps will be stored in iTunes and synced either automatically or manually as long as it's the same iTunes account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

You can literally get a clone of all your settings on the other phone, you can then sync it to any library you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 avni5

Thanks for that.

Advertisement