Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hex head screws cz452

Options
  • 07-08-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

does anybody know where i could pick up hex head action screws for a cz452 lux?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bazza888 wrote: »
    does anybody know where i could pick up hex head action screws for a cz452 lux?

Yep, i know of a gunsmith that keeps a stock of all Imperial and Metric rifle screws for mounting scopes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

who is it???just want the two for the action they be easier to use with a hex head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bazza888 wrote: »
    who is it???just want the two for the action they be easier to use with a hex head

www.irelandcustomrifle.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

How about a quick letter to CZ.

This kind of stuff they usually send out to you at no charge.

I've gotten screws/bolts from: Sig Arms, Remington, Ruger, and Walther to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

there not the same as the originals in the stock,the original screws have flat head slots in them a very weird size had buy a screw driver to fit the slot as the multitude i had at home wouldnt fit,less risk of damaging a hex head tightening it or removing the screws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I think the action thread size is 6mm on the CZ 452's. get yourself a couple of 6mm allen key head bolts of the correct length or longer and turn the counter-sunk head using a bench grinder. I used a cordless drill to hold the 6mm bolt and rotate the bolt at the same time. Using this method you get an even edge on the bold. Use the same way to take a little off the top of the head as well.

To hold the bolt if it needs cutting to make it shorter then cut a 6mm nut on one side. Then put the bolt in the nut and it will hold the bolt in a vice while you cut it down, also to hold it while you grind it flat.

07082010.jpg07082010001.jpg

Advertisement