Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

reccomended games

• 07-08-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Anybody reccomend a couple of xbox games to me.
    probobly going to get left 4 dead 1 or 2 (which is better ?)
    Halo 3 (dunno how I havent played that yet ?)
    Any good games come out lately was thinking about naughty bear because it looked good from the trailer but the reviews arent great.
    And whats crackdown 2 like.
    I think a thread about reccomended games would do well so I'll start by reccomending Alan wake And gears of war 1 & 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

crackdown 2 is good but gets old quickly, you basically do the same mission 4 times then do an activation one, then rinse repeat 4 or 5 times. Fun but not as good as the 1st one imo.

I loved red dead redemption and Limbo recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

calex71 wrote: »
    crackdown 2 is good but gets old quickly, you basically do the same mission 4 times then do an activation one, then rinse repeat 4 or 5 times. Fun but not as good as the 1st one imo.

I loved red dead redemption and Limbo recently.
    I'll second those games and add shadow complex its a great download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll recommend the game I always recommend when these threads emerge.

BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Anybody reccomend a couple of xbox games to me.
    probobly going to get left 4 dead 1 or 2 (which is better ?)
    Halo 3 (dunno how I havent played that yet ?)
    Any good games come out lately was thinking about naughty bear because it looked good from the trailer but the reviews arent great.
    And whats crackdown 2 like.
    I think a thread about reccomended games would do well so I'll start by reccomending Alan wake And gears of war 1 & 2

Avoid Naughty Bear like the plague, just a terrible version of Conker's Bad Fur Day

On top of the recommendations you've already received I'd suggest:

Bioshock 1 & 2
    Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

(I'm a Ubisoft whore!!! Why not throw in both R6: Vegas titles too!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

AC 2 is a great game, far better than the 1st one.
    Arkham Asylum is great too.
    Want to get Red Dead 2 soon, looks like it could be fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

plus one for the rainbow 6 games and also I really enjoyed condemned 1 and 2, available very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Both Left 4 Deads are great but you're best off having people you know to play with as the games rely so strongly on team work that it gets very annoying if you're playing with a few aholes.

I think the 2nd one is a better game for the additions it has over the original but ultimately there is not much difference between the 2. If you've not played either I'd opt for the 2nd over the 1st for melee weapons and better zombie dismemberments and the larger array of special infected. 1st game still has some epic set pieces as well though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

The Orange Box.

SOOOOOOO MANY HOURS OF GAMEPLAY.

It's just re-donk-ulus.

Advertisement