Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

third day

Options
  • 07-08-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

new to boards here,third day off the smokes and have a horrible pit in my stomach.i am 39 years old had a baby girl last year and have to do it for her,was gonna wait for my next birthday but just got it into my head on wednesday and did it on thursday.i smoked(if i am honest)30 a day and loved them(if i am honest)but it has to be done for a variety of reasons.i did it at my 30th birthday and then lasted 9 months,then i made the mistake of smoking tipped cigars in the pub and went downhill from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

well done. am off them 3 months now and really happy about it. keep focused on your reasons for quitting.

best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭johnboy8

cheers.i smoked so long i cant really remember not smoking.someone asked me in work for a light yesterday and i really enjoyed telling him i did not smoke.i actually said to myself 'poor man still smoking' ....maybe a little early but what ever gets you through.i am sitting here eating my 8th mandarin orange,and finished a large pack of peanut m@ms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I think it's fine to go easy on yourself for the first few weeks grub-wise but try to avoid replacing fags with big bags of sweets as that's not a habit you want to be developing! Like I say, fine for the first few weeks but best trying to replace with exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Congratulations on not smoking for 3 days - I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and smoked 20 a day and same age as you. My main reason for giving them up was the control they had over my daily life. 20 times a day I had to stop what I was doing to go outside and smoke. That can't be right!?!

Keep it up! it is tough and there is no point saying otherwise but whatever reason keeps you most motivated keep focussed on that.
    keep checking in here for support or any questions

and good luck -

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭johnboy8

went to a christening yesterday and a party later.not to bad.its hanging around the house that kills me,or during the ad break i used to nip outside for a quick one.making a cup of tea is also less fun.but its amazing only a short amount of time and i am less of a windbag,no more wheezing in bed.also no reason to go to shops all the time and buy junk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement