Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Asking for deposit after online order

Options
  • 07-08-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Put through an order online for the new iphone 4 from 3mobile. 60e a month and 109e for the phone. only to get a call a few hours later from some guy in india telling me i have to pay them 200euro deposit before they will process the order. Pure blunt about it too, wouldnt explain why. Is this normal? Ive perfect credit rating and full time job. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth dealing with these guys.

Cheers
    Fint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Seems to be luck of the draw on bill say.
    Another thread is exact same in vodafone.

Its due to fraud where people buy bill by phones + run up huge bills + disappear.

O2 + meteor are the same. I got deposit off vodafone 1st bill, meteor 6 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its pretty standard op, you could decline, go to any other network and be asked for the same thing. Esb and bord gais do the same. Something you will have to live with im afraid.

You do get the money back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Meteor say on their site that you may be asked for a deposit , and talking to the vodafone lads on boards they said the same thing (you have to go in to a bricks and mortar shop to pay it with vodafone) tbh you can see their point they are handing out handsets at a huge discount

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

Well, thats ok if its standard for most providers. Ok if I'm honest, 50% of my problem was the sheer attitude on the phone, other 50% was dissapointed in 3mobile saying my phone was on the "way" then getting a call asking for more dosh. Tbh, I didnt see anywhere on the 3 site it saying you may be asked for a deposit once the order was placed.

Might just wait until o2 offer up the Iphone in a month or two. Muche better customer service, I'd pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

Davy wrote: »
    Its pretty standard op, you could decline, go to any other network and be asked for the same thing. Esb and bord gais do the same. Something you will have to live with im afraid.

You do get the money back :)

Esb asked me for a 300 euro deposit when I bought my house. Told them no, and they still connected me. I dont think it is legal to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

finto wrote: »
    Esb asked me for a 300 euro deposit when I bought my house. Told them no, and they still connected me. I dont think it is legal to be honest.

Not quite the same, electricity is an essential service.

Advertisement