Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish backpacker steals taxi & burns it...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

HaHa. Must have been feeling home sick, aint St Kilda called Ballymun in the sun, the question is to jail then deport or just deport, the rock spiders in the big house would like that milky white ar$e:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

It's something an Aussie kids do too, wouldn't infer anything from it.

However at one stage in parts of oz code for child molesters was "Irish Priest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

catbear wrote: »

However at one stage in parts of oz code for child molesters was "Irish Priest".

What ? Aussie kids dont steal and burn taxis on a regular basis ? This made the police bulletin last night and it does not come up a lot in fact this is the first I have heard it.

Besides Hes 25 and not a kid he has put some guy probably out of a job for a while anyway. To say he should know better is a huge under estimate.

Your second comment is neither here nor there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Hope he gets 10 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

he must be as thick as jordan tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

That's funny Ballymun in the Sun, Probably one if those muppets that Stinicker witnessed in the maccers in St Kilda a few months ago. Not your typical backpacker though but would be a good candidate for 'Knackers down under'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

you could even have a show on tv called Knackers Abroad, be a good laugh:D.

One thought though, with a prize spanner like this you would think (pure guess work) he would have a previous conviction, reasoning is you dont reach the age of 25 and decide after a few beers to rob a taxi driver and then commit arson. How hard is it to conceal a conviction on a visa, is it a case of tick the No box and hope they dont check or is it only if the offence carried a jail term.

The Aussie wrote: »
    you could even have a show on tv called Knackers Abroad, be a good laugh:D.

One thought though, with a prize spanner like this you would think (pure guess work) he would have a previous conviction, reasoning is you dont reach the age of 25 and decide after a few beers to rob a taxi driver and then commit arson. How hard is it to conceal a conviction on a visa, is it a case of tick the No box and hope they dont check or is it only if the offence carried a jail term.

People like that just p!ss me off, majority on here are alright although there was one clown regularly posting on these threads had similar attitude and was always boasting that it was acceptable to do illegal stuff and claimed to have friends who lied that they had convictions on the visa application.

I am not a real stickler but when you are a guest in someone else's country you just cant do what you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I stood on the street where this happened literally less than 4 weeks ago, and there are some supreme muppets gone down under at the moment and their breeding grounds at the moment are;

Northbridge, Perth,
    St. Kilda, Melbourne
    Bondi Junction (And Beach), Sydney

I really hope that the Australian authorities punish him well and give him a few years in jail and hard labour and make him compensate that poor cabbie. It is hard to keep any type of reputation with these sort of morons.

Check out the "Cock & Bull" pub at Bondi Junction in Sydney to see "stupidicus irishfúckupdness" in his native habitat especially at about 10 to twelve before closing time. It was one of the few times I felt ashamed of my nationality. All it will take is one or two more incidents like this and if the Australian media decides that the Irish are flavour of the month they will drag us through the gutter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

I used to work in a hostel/bar in Melbourne and the majority of the Irish lads we had saying were fine, but there was one group of lads all from the same town in Co. Monaghan who were barred from most pubs in Melbourne. They were ridiculous. Just acted the prick the whole time. I let them in for a few hours just because they'd be the type that drank double vodkas and red bulls (cha-ching), then I'd kick them out once they'd spent 80 dollars each. Had to call the police on one of them once, the ****er somehow managed to get upstairs and hid in one of the rooms.
    Backstards!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I used to work in a hostel/bar in Melbourne and the majority of the Irish lads we had saying were fine, but there was one group of lads all from the same town in Co. Monaghan who were barred from most pubs in Melbourne. They were ridiculous. Just acted the prick the whole time. I let them in for a few hours just because they'd be the type that drank double vodkas and red bulls (cha-ching), then I'd kick them out once they'd spent 80 dollars each. Had to call the police on one of them once, the ****er somehow managed to get upstairs and hid in one of the rooms.
    Backstards!

Sure it's idiot bar staff/managers like this who don't help the situation then.

I'd be rightly pissed off if me and my mates spent $80 each then some midget manager decided he wanted me out, my money was good enough earlier

Well our bar was a dump and we needed all the money we could get. It was one of those last-resort places that backpackers would go to. I was under strict orders not to bar anyone without asking the owner first. We even had an old German bloke that would talk about how Hitler was right and then feel girls bums. I think he still drinks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

catbear wrote: »

that kind of slang will never fade away deservedly so "irish priest" original

Hope that backpacker scumbag gets locked up over there and save our tax payers cash flow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We even had an old German bloke that would talk about how Hitler was right and then feel girls bums. I think he still drinks there.

Hitler would be a fair age now. How is the old fella? ;):p

CabanSail wrote: »
    Hitler would be a fair age now. How is the old fella? ;):p

70-odd.... there was two of them that would come in and my ex, who was German, was ear-wigging and said they were praising Hitler and making various racist remarks about certain people in the bar.
    He told me that he used to be a spy and was in prison in Russia for 10 years. He also said he was sent to Dun Laoighre on a spying mission during World War 2.

Zambia232 wrote: »
    What ? Aussie kids dont steal and burn taxis on a regular basis ?

Ummm, Errrr, NO they don't

http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/doi/internet/vehicles.nsf/AllDocs/E9AD7658036AF50CCA256F3400291C94?OpenDocument

Safety cameras are compulsory in all taxis operating in the metropolitan, outer-suburban (Dandenong and Frankston) and Geelong taxi-cab zones to improve safety for passengers and drivers. Safety cameras have also been installed in the taxi fleets operating at Shepparton and on the Mornington Peninsula.

old_aussie wrote: »
    http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/doi/internet/vehicles.nsf/AllDocs/E9AD7658036AF50CCA256F3400291C94?OpenDocument

Safety cameras are compulsory in all taxis operating in the metropolitan, outer-suburban (Dandenong and Frankston) and Geelong taxi-cab zones to improve safety for passengers and drivers. Safety cameras have also been installed in the taxi fleets operating at Shepparton and on the Mornington Peninsula.

Are those cameras fire-Proof?

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Are those cameras fire-Proof?

I Think you have just answered my question as to why the hell the cab was set on fire.

Possibly not.

Old Aussie apologies for the second question Mark it caused misunderstanding. I agree 100% Aussie kids rarely have been reported as doing this.

It will be interesting to see what happens to him. All you guys around the city of Stonnington keep an eye on the local leader it will possibly get a bigger write up on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I agree 100% Aussie kids rarely have been reported as doing this.

I think its pretty rare for anyone anywhere to steal taxis and burn them out.

On a similar note, I found Melbourne taxi drivers to be complete dickheads after the clubs in the CBD. Unless you are going to Frankson or somesuch they will drive off on you. Bastards

On a similar note, I found Melbourne taxi drivers to be complete dickheads after the clubs in the CBD. Unless you are going to Frankson or somesuch they will drive off on you. Bastards

Agreed....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dunno what its like in the Rest of Australia, but trust me here in Brisbane its not that unusual for Cars to be Stolen and Burned out over the Weekend, they dont report them much in the newspapers unless its someone foreign like this case, but my office isjust off the Gateway motorway and on the same street as one of the biggest Scrap yards in Queensland, most Weekends there is at least one Abandoned car somewhere on the street and more often than not theres a burned out carcass appears outside the Scrapyard sometime saturday night

Or Tullamarine they love Tullamarine Airport.

Chances are they are going to drive off on Irish backpackers a lot more now ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Sydney drivers are the same, sydney has this stupid stupid change over rule, where they change shifts at 3am, so at 2-3am they always ask where your going , if not a big fare or going near their depot can refuse (illegally)

they are apparently looking into changing this ...

Dunno what its like in the Rest of Australia, but trust me here in Brisbane its not that unusual for Cars to be Stolen and Burned out over the Weekend,

That is very usual everywhere in the world.
    However distracting a taxi drive and hopping into his taxi and driving off right infront of his eyes is not in anyway usual, and especially not when the arshole has been given a 1 year visa by the Irish powers that be instead of a jail sentence because I would imagine an act like this would take some building up to through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

However distracting a taxi drive and hopping into his taxi and driving off right infront of his eyes is not in anyway usual, and especially not when the arshole has been given a 1 year visa by the Irish Australian powers that be instead of a jail sentence because I would imagine an act like this would take some building up to through the years.

Surely the australian powers gave him the Visa ... ireland doesn't give out the visa

Or Tullamarine they love Tullamarine Airport.

Chances are they are going to drive off on Irish backpackers a lot more now ...:)

I dont understand why they decide to become so honest on a Saturday night instead of just doing what they usually do aka driving you the opposite direction to your destination until they rack up a decent fare and then turning around and taking you where you want to go.

Got a free taxi into town one time though because the muppet drove straight onto swanston coming from southbank, the police stopped him and he had no licence. Out we hopped and were on our merry way.

hussey wrote: »
    Surely the australian powers gave him the Visa ... ireland doesn't give out the visa

True, im just talking crap here, Absolutely knackered. Spent the day at Snow planet yesterday and feel like i spent it drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

However distracting a taxi drive and hopping into his taxi and driving off right infront of his eyes is not in anyway usual, and especially not when the arshole has been given a 1 year visa by the Irish powers that be instead of a jail sentence because I would imagine an act like this would take some building up to through the years.

I've seen it a few times in the Valley over the years, once saw a guy nick a copcar, suffice to say he didnt get very far.

theres a report every couple of weeks about Cab drivers being ambushed and beaten up, a few of them have had their cars nicked.

Advertisement