Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowling in Galway?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Monday 16th August
    I am definitely still up for this, also have 2 more boardsie friends who would like to come along... Monday suits but I can't make Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

Leisure World Headford road
    we still on for 2moro or whats the story? couldnt get in contact with the guy in city limits but have never been bust when i was there lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Friday 13th August
    ****Okay Polls Now Closed!!!****
    (No idea how ya close it off and no time / too busy to ask, so this will have to suffice for now.)

So we've made it to preferred date: Monday 16th August. I'm aware Venue is tied in poll at the mo., but due to City Limits _abysmal_ response - being near impossible to reach them on the phone, with trying for the last number of days, and also failed to get much helpful info from them on email either compared to Leisure World, have to make a decision and am going with **Leisure World on Headford Road,** where all Lanes can serve alcohol, for any-one wishing to have a bevvie or few, (where-as Oranmore only serves on certain Lanes anyway which may not be available to us at the time,) and we also have some Lanes reserved for us here when we get there, so hopefully it should be fun for a laugh!!:D
    Big apologies to those with Oranmore preference but hopefully ye will still be able to make it.:(

***Pricing: Please remember it costs €6 per head; with a maximum of 6 People per Lane = €32!***

**Time!**
    Alas I never added a time for every-one to choose which suits, :( but no-one reminded me either lol! :P:rolleyes: Sorry guys, but as things need to be decided, I'm gonna select, -*8pm for the hour,* apologies here, and hope that all are okay with this time.:confused:

*I didn't arrange any "nibbles" as they need to be pre-booked and pre-organised, but maybe if a few would like to grab a bite before-hand or after-wards, folk can swap numbers and arrange this. Having others' phone numbers can come in handy for Newbies going there also ... If any-one would like to meet up together before going in, please pm me with/for phone number.*

See you all tomorrow evening @ 8pm! *Leisure World Headford Road Bowling!* Looking forward to seeing ye there!
    ;):D

ok well im in :) see you then. pm me if anybody wants to meet beforehand so there not totally lost goin in :)

Friday 13th August
    Cool Maz see you then!
    :)

• Advertisement

Thursday 12th August
    Score. I'll be there - morethanlikely :)

Monday 16th August
    I'm there, probably with a couple of other boardsies too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I might be able to come now, do we need to get there a bit early to organise lanes and stuff or is 8 ok? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

Thursday 12th August
    spender.j wrote: »
    I'm there, probably with a couple of other boardsies too!

I like the way you keep refering to me as a "boardsie!" he he ;)

i'll be there with weird shoes on... silly bowling shoes!!

Thursday 12th August
    I was contemplating on going back to my family home today, but instead have decided to spend the day playing xbox and eating junk food, so I'll need the exercise later.

Bowling counts as exercise, right?

• Advertisement

Friday 13th August
    Lanes are reserved for us Tilly. If you can make it, 8 is fine, cheers. :)

Was just thinking in all the years, shouldn't some-one have come up with some better trendy foot-wear than those silly shoes!! :rolleyes:

A bitta exercise is good for ya rumour has it, and apparently
    remote-control-use and spoon-to-mouth action is included, so yer on a roll B.A.M. :D:cool:

See ye later. :pac:

anybody need a lift or anything coming in from claregalway direction but dont mind going anywhere on the way

Lanes are reserved for us Tilly. If you can make it, 8 is fine, cheers. :)

Sorry guys I cant make it but if it goes well would ye be interested in going again in a week or so? Was really looking forward to it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Sorry guys I cant make it but if it goes well would ye be interested in going again in a week or so? Was really looking forward to it:(

I can't make it tonight either but would love to go along another night if it's organised again.

(so please organise it again:p)

Good time?:D

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Good time?:D

ya was great craic :)

Thursday 12th August
    I still blame the magnets for my playing so bad ...

was totally the dodgy lane had a mind of its own with those bumpers 2! haha

Thursday 12th August
    was totally the dodgy lane had a mind of its own with those bumpers 2! haha

I know! I mean what was up with that? Ker-Ay-Zee-Ness!

Monday 16th August
    Ah seriously! there was nothing wrong with the lane... :p Good night had though, good group.

• Advertisement

it was kerayzness! ya just because u were there bowling all day u were used to it :P great nite all the same though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

Thursday 12th August
    it was so funny when my ball got stuck and I got it out my rolling another one! he he stupid lane:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

I know! I mean what was up with that? Ker-Ay-Zee-Ness!

Kat told me afterwards about the pop up lanes, haha and I was completely freaking out about it!! Good fun!

Thursday 12th August
    telepylus wrote: »
    Kat told me afterwards about the pop up lanes, haha and I was completely freaking out about it!! Good fun!

Ha. It was pretty damned funny alright - especially because we thought you had seen us do it! When that ball got stuck myself and mazthespark just burst out laughing - but then that was an unreal shot to get it unstuck - 'course she meant to do it.

yeh that was well gullable of me to believe that the lanes were just malfunctioning.. although in fairness you could hardly blame me in that place!! half the bowling bowls looked like they were chewed upon by jaws (from james bond film).

Thursday 12th August
    Too true, too true. It was even more humourous, because the little spanish kids across the way then started to mess with the bumpers too.

ha yeh, and I didn't cop on that's what was happening..
    I nearly crushed one of them, walking right behind me when I was throwing! oh god, more drinks soon enough ...

Friday 13th August
    Aye had wondered if each Lane had a mind of its own! :rolleyes::)

Thanks again to those who were there. :)

Too true, too true. It was even more humourous, because the little spanish kids across the way then started to mess with the bumpers too.

that was priceless! we had everyone confused ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Gives shout next time ye head out, love bowling. which alley ya go to?

Advertisement