Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowling in Galway?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Monday 16th August
    Now now, it's not a competition! (sez me:p)

Anyway, I was just about to propose Monday 13th for the next session but realised I will be away... Would it be really mean of me to suggest leaving it until the following week? (20th)

There were 8 of us there last week and it was great, got 2 lanes and managed to fit 2 games in! (on each lane). The only problem was the bar I think has to be booked in advance and only used on certain lanes but this would be an option...

Anyway, Start calling your choice, 13th/14th/20th/21st in either City Limits Oranmore or Leisureworld Headford Rd...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

13th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Brian S

Great, well I'm definitely interested but I'm not sure what nights I'm free yet so I might just let the rest of the crowd pick a night and I'll join in if I can. And I don't mind where we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Friday 13th August
    On a side-note or maybe I should have started a New Thread, I would just like to put it to the erm "Table" lol for any-one to come forward with any suggestions they have for things to do - well more Activities etc. I mean where we can collate a bunch of ideas and maybe have a list to draw from whenever a group of us want to do something ..... Am quite happy with Bowling lol, just "putting this out there," to see if there's any feedback and/or some responses/suggestions/ideas.

I know there's a Things to do in Galway Sticky and I know there's a Gamer's Meet and a Cinema Club, but I'm thinking along the lines of Activities somewhere around Galway that people may know of, I guess not necessarily in Galway City.

At this rushed moment things off the top of my head would be a Comedy Gig, (but then just because I love Stand-up Comedians doesn't mean every-one will lol, plus I mightn't be laughing if they pick us out from the crowd as their joke hehe!!) Another would be something like hill-walking, some Saturday After-noon, and to maybe take advantage of the Fine Sunny Weather September brings us .... :) (But then on the other side of the coin, Hill-walking mightn't be an activity every-one would be keen on?!? Also another aspect would be, - maybe stuff like that would be better left / suited to those engaging with Charities, have to say I personally wouldn't have time myself for fund-raising at present, but then again maybe folk would be into hill-walking or other similar activities ...... )

Your thoughts please!
    :)

Monday 16th August
    There actually already is one, the stickied pubs/clubs/fun things/activities/links thread... A good few suggestions there if you look back through it.

I like the idea though, a kind of rolling activities event perhaps instead of a regular weekly/2 weekly/monthly event (we saw how the cinema club went)! though I reckon Bowling has it in it to be a good steadfast!

• Advertisement

Friday 13th August
    Yeah true bout the Bowling it's a bitta craic alright! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭30lady

Leisure World Headford road
    spender.j wrote: »
    Now now, it's not a competition! (sez me:p)

Anyway, I was just about to propose Monday 13th for the next session but realised I will be away... Would it be really mean of me to suggest leaving it until the following week? (20th) ..

Right the 13th it is then...that way my score wont look so bad :D
    Ah no really, the following Mon should be good for me

collate a bunch of ideas and maybe have a list to draw from whenever a group of us want to do something ....
    activities somewhere around Galway that people may know of, I guess not necessarily in Galway City.

Comedy Gig, ....Another would be something like hill-walking, some Saturday After-noon, and to maybe take advantage of the Fine Sunny Weather September brings us .... :)

I like your way of thinking confuseddotcom... hill walking yes comedy gig yes maybe karting
    There actually already is one, the stickied pubs/clubs/fun things/activities/links thread... A good few suggestions there if you look back through it.
    and now I'm off to look at this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

i think they still have lazerquest at oranmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

grosser wrote: »
    i think they still have lazerquest at oranmore.

I frickin love that!

I think we should all go to the horse show in Ballinsloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

long time since i was ther but it was fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

when's the next bowling going to be? :)

lookign at the 13th at 7.30sh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Was that you guys out in Citylimits on Monday? I was next to yis with my sis and girlfriend.
    What a good looking bunch you guys are :)

Thursday 12th August
    Aw shucks. You were talking about me of course, weren't you?

I would be highly up for lazerquest sometime! Playing it drunk is superb fun!

Friday 13th August
    Yeah you kinda gave yourself away Kyle when you were constantly staring!! :P:P

Stalkers these days eh??:D

Don't make a habit of it now! :confused::eek::)

KylieWyley wrote: »
    Was that you guys out in Citylimits on Monday? I was next to yis with my sis and girlfriend.
    What a good looking bunch you guys are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Its actually an eye condition.

I'm very sensitive about it... waaaah!:(

Friday 13th August
    30lady wrote: »
    Right the 13th it is then...that way my score wont look so bad :D
    Ah no really, the following Mon should be good for me

I like your way of thinking confuseddotcom... hill walking yes comedy gig yes maybe karting

and now I'm off to look at this :)

+1 for maybe Karting? It might be considered dear though, but if it's worth the money it's worth paying. :) But there is mention of special offer available, so that's something. It's here on GalwayNet along with other ideas for things to do in Galway. Don't know if others would be interested? Don't think I've ever been, well maybe once. But it could be fun?!?!

Another thing I thought of was Archery!! :) Again don't know if there'd be interest in this? (Have absolutely no experience or knowledge of it myself.) But it might be something to try out once, I don't know if it'd be like the Bowling though where you would go back for more lol, but just a suggestion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Will nearly have to invent a new weekday!!

Monday 16th August
    Are people still up for this? As I said I'm away next Monday but will be up for any other week...

yes i'm still up for it. maybe just see what dates people want before creating a poll.

i'm free any time :)

• Advertisement

Monday 20th of September @ 7.30 @ City Limits Oranmore. how does this suit everyone?:)

Monday 16th August
    Galway K9 wrote: »
    Monday 20th of September @ 7.30 @ City Limits Oranmore. how does this suit everyone?:)

Suits me perfect, I can give people lifts out from Galway as well...

yeah sounds grand. though i'll need a lift.
    would prefer Headford Rd place since it's right beside me, but whichever one is better/cheaper, i'll go to :)

Thursday 12th August
    whiteman19 wrote: »
    yeah sounds grand. though i'll need a lift.
    would prefer Headford Rd place since it's right beside me, but whichever one is better/cheaper, i'll go to :)

I think the one out on the Headford Rd is cheaper but the one in Oranmore certainly has the better lanes by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭30lady

Galway K9 wrote: »

Suits me :D

Suits me perfect, I can give people lifts out from Galway as well...

Spender id love a lift as thatd be sweet and could ahve a drink. Ill PM my no where to meet if ya can,. No prob if ya cant.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Sorry for the late reply but I'm in!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

yes definitely up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Brian S

Yeah, I'd be up for that. TillyGirl / 30lady - do ye want a lift?

• Advertisement

Friday 13th August
    Hopefully should be free too. :)

Advertisement